Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Judd Harper
  1. "Hospitality Coordinator"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Satisfying job, hard work, great benefits and pay, fulfilling

Cons

Demanding of time, stressful, teamwork is difficult at times

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-03-28

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us!

"They Listen. They respond. They care."

Current Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Having worked for three other senior living companies (national and local), Arbor is decidedly different in all the right ways. Residents and staff benefit from caring owners who are deeply committed to doing what's right by each employee and resident every day. They invest in their community management teams and empower us to run our communities using established cultural guidelines that have proven positive outcomes...

Cons

I love my work. I'm not sure there is a downside, except perhaps that I don't have time to take advantage of all the training offered!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your daily support is felt and appreciated. Thanks for empowering your leaders at the community level. Your guidance and support has helped us build a great team.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-17

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our employee's feedback is very valuable to us and we are so glad you are happy with the company and culture.

"An outstanding company with a true passion for people"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Peachtree City, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked with and for the Arbor Company for approximately 1 year and I can truthfully say, without reservation, that this is a truly remarkable organization. I have found Arbor to be progressive, inclusive, forward-thinking, and highly customer-focused. In my opinion, Arbor never loses sight of its vision, purpose, and core values. Any company can compose a beautifully worded mission statement. Arbor team...

Cons

I am not able to retire yet and become a resident myself of one the company’s luxurious and exquisite communities.

Advice to Management

Continue the pathway you are on. Your diligent efforts are recognized and greatly appreciated.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-21

March 8, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments! Our employee's feedback is very valuable to us.

"Culture, Culture, Culture"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The southern charm of this organization is real and heart felt. The Arbor Culture is at the core of every decision that is made. Arbor consistently operates on the "FAR SIDE OF FAIR"

Cons

Arbor is a big company who still thinks they can operate like a small company. The regional support is slowly growing to match the amazing growth it has had seen over the past 2-4 years. However there is a lot of work to be done with policies and procedures now that the organization is 40+ communities and 3k employees. Employee Insurance costs are high.

Advice to Management

Keep spending the time and money to hire the right people-- Keep the people standard alive. Also don't fall into the trap of letting unrealistic & profit driven ownership group expectations change our values, our standards and the excellent care and service that is The Arbor Company. That is what makes us different. We put the staff and residents first.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-18

5. "Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Kingwood, TX

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for, they truly care about their employees and their families. I was promoted from within from Hospitality Director to Executive Director and they supported me every step of the way. They educate, listen and encourage ideas from their employees. I love to come to work every day and hope that I can stay with this company for the remainder of my working career.

Cons

I have nothing negative to add to this review.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, continue to listen and care.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-26

August 17, 2018Communications

"The best in the business!"

Current Employee - Vice President of Operations in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living for more than 10 years

Pros

A company which is "safe" for you to speak your mind. A company where "doing the right things" precedes other considerations. A company that truly believes in the Golden Rule. You can throw away your resume after you start working here!!

Cons

No downside at all here

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! Always be resident/staff focused!!

August 17, 2018Communications

"Awesome Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Manassas Park, VA

Pros

As and executive director who has worked for several other companies Arbor Company keeps up with the latest technology and programs for staff and residents. They are a caring company that is compassionate about doing "The Right Thing" because it is the right thing to do.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time. Any concerns are usually resolved quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Your growth in the industry is incredible!

March 8, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us!

"I am currently an Executive Director, I have been with this wonderful company close to 19 years now."

Current Employee - Ex Director

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I came to work for Arbor Terrace because I believe in the integrity, the wonderful culture and support of this company. They are the absolute best to work for in the senior living retirement industry. From the management team in Atlanta and in every community you will see true caring of our residents staff and family members. This group has over 30 years experience in the retirement industry, which is almost unheard of...

Cons

Saying goodbye to beautiful residents when they pass away. Continue to support all staff as your company continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep up the good work. The Arbor company is a special place to work where you truly feel like family from the top leaders down. Continue to keep the focus heart centered and continue to hire the best in our industry. Great job Arbor Company, I and so proud to be a part of the Arbor Family!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-17

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Our employee's feedback is very important to us and it's so wonderful to hear your comments! Thank you for your years of service and dedication to our residents, families and staff.

9. "The Arbor Company/Arbor Communities"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best professional and personal experience that I have ever had in my 20-year professional career!

Cons

No Cons to share at this time.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-19
  10. "A place where you can be you"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA

Pros

People care about each other at The Arbor Company. We come from a wide variety of backgrounds with diverse ideas and experiences but here, we are united by our commitment to caring for senior adults with compassion and intelligence. Of all the companies I've ever worked in, this one has the least ego of any. Everyone is valued.

Cons

We work hard and expect a lot of ourselves and each other. Sometimes we have to make sure we keep things in balance.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-16

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. Our employee's feedback is very important to us and if we can do anything more for you or your staff, please let us know.

Found 103 reviews