Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews

Updated 29 de Aug 2019

Found 108 reviews

4.3
Arbor Company Senior Living CEO Judd Harper (no image)
Judd Harper
  1. "a Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morris Plains, NJ

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great management and corporate team that supports the employees and puts the residents needs first. They truly listen and respond to both resident and employees.

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Continue to uphold the Arbor Standards and valuing your employees

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-06-04

August 17, 2018Communications

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our employee's feedback is very valuable to us and we are so glad you are happy with the company and culture.

"Residents are family"

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Crabapple, GA

Pros

Amazing co-workers who assist each other

Cons

turnover and call outs due to overworked employees create a negative environment for employees as well as residents

Advice to Management

rate of pay isnt liveable

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-05-25

August 17, 2018Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value all of our employees, and encourage you to reach out to our Executive Vice President, Mary Campbell Jenkins, at (404) 797-6031 so we can address your concerns.

3. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Collaborative Support Partners Provide excellent resident care

Cons

Expensive Benefits - not unique to The Arbor Company

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-05-24

4. "Receptionist"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

The people who work with this company are amazing and self-less. The entire focus is on the resident where it should be, but we are able to maintain a family oriented feel.

Cons

No cons to mention from me!

Advice to Management

Keep it up !

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-05-11

August 17, 2018Communications

"Culture & Staff Are Key"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love that this company hires for HEART. Not necessarily resume volume or qualifications. At the end of the day if you don't have HEART to work here, you won't make it! I've adored some of the managers and staff who I've worked with - the Arbor company does do a wonderful job of hiring positive, pioneering and uplifting managers. The communities I've visited and currently worked in are clean and well-maintained... compared to many other SL buildings. The Engagement program is very very good - one of the best activities driven programs in the SL industry for AL / memory care residents that I've witnessed. The pay from the Arbor company is slightly above average. On-shift (clinical and dining scheduling application / program) is a great tool for picking up shifts and easily seeing your schedule, if you aren't on a repeating schedule. There are some great and very helpful corporate liaisons / support personnel who are generally and honestly here to support the management team as well as serve staff. You have to DIG a little as well as be persistent when these corporate people are in the building or to get into contact with them, but they will help. Arbor likes to promote from within, often. I've seen and heard of cases of front line staff moving and growing in the company. This hasn't happened in a while that I've seen but it is a possibility, if you make your intentions to work in the said promotion very clear and loud to leadership and early on in your time of employment. The food at Arbor is generally tasty! SL companies always have issues with food & their dining departments but I've not had a bad meal here in our community. The outreach programs such as Caregiver / Spouse Support Group & the Virtual Dementia Tour are EXCELLENT community outreach opportunities and one of the most unique things about the marketing department (in my opinion). The Arbor Co is one of the SL industry's best companies to work with. It is reputable on any resume to have worked here.

Cons

I've seen people with HEART who were very dedicated to their jobs and their residents either be scared away or be let go. Very sad to see and witness - completely earth shattering to the employee who wasn't expecting it, either. I've also witnessed Executive Directors direct control of hiring/firing their management and leaders be taken out of their hand. I.E. corporate personal making those important decisions for... them of hiring/firing management. What a shame when an Executive Director can't make those vital decisions for his/her community! Corporate also has unrealistic expectations of staff to resident ratio for the Bridges and mostly Evergreen neighborhoods. There are state regulations in place respectively for staff / resident ratios yet three AL residents continuously take less time and hands on work than three Evergreen residents who are sun-downing. Evergreen is a wonderful program / neighborhood, BUT you must STAFF appropriately. I have also witnessed horrible condescension from a community leader to a front line employee in an Independent Living community. If this is the tone to be set, I would never want to work at that community as a front line staff! Lastly, I see that the Arbor company is growing. I am happy to see this and it's certainly a sign for a bright and profitable future. BUT once you as a company lose sight of putting your CULTURE and your STAFF first and, instead, put profits and numbers / expected apartments occupied first, you lose what makes you a great company and your staff and culture are lost too. I am worried that in the years to come the Arbor company will put profits first, as I am seeing signs of this now. The demands on Marketing are huge - marketing directors and SCC's are feeling the pressure to be perfect to meet the standards which corporate has set. I am worried that corporate will reduce budgeted staffing hours for managers - in turn adding to an already extremely stressful work environment for front line staff. The Arbor company is a great company but they are getting away from focusing on taking care of their CULTURE and STAFF.

Advice to Management

Corporate: LISTEN to your Executive Directors (who have shown commitment and have a successful track record, of course). Give them control over your communities and more freedoms. Don't scare away or let go of employees with HEART. Give extra staffing hours for Evergreen / Bridges communities - especially the sun-downing shifts! And lastly, as you grow, don't lose sight of your INITIAL PURPOSE: to give seniors the... happiest and best quality of life in these last few years of their life. Give your marketing leaders and SCC's a break. Slow your openings / new development! Give your community leadership teams plenty of hours for scheduling. Don't lose sight of taking care of your CULTURE and STAFF. Corporate: give management and leaderships a break and HELP solve problems instead of asking WHY the problems are there. Corporate needs to be willing to be hands on in solving problems instead of instructing and having meetings about how to solve a problem. Why talk about how to put out the fire for a few hours when you can just grab a pail of water and jump in to put it out quicker? Community leaders: treat all your front line staff with respect and be their cheerleaders, whether you feel like it or not. They are YOUR backbone for your community. Realize that quickly and things will go well for you.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-04-15

6. "Hospitality Coordinator"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Satisfying job, hard work, great benefits and pay, fulfilling

Cons

Demanding of time, stressful, teamwork is difficult at times

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-03-28

August 17, 2018Communications

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us!

7. "Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Kingwood, TX

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for, they truly care about their employees and their families. I was promoted from within from Hospitality Director to Executive Director and they supported me every step of the way. They educate, listen and encourage ideas from their employees. I love to come to work every day and hope that I can stay with this company for the remainder of my working career.

Cons

I have nothing negative to add to this review.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, continue to listen and care.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-26

August 17, 2018Communications

"An outstanding company with a true passion for people"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Peachtree City, GA

Pros

I have worked with and for the Arbor Company for approximately 1 year and I can truthfully say, without reservation, that this is a truly remarkable organization. I have found Arbor to be progressive, inclusive, forward-thinking, and highly customer-focused. In my opinion, Arbor never loses sight of its vision, purpose, and core values. Any company can compose a beautifully worded mission statement. Arbor... team members give such words authentic meaning in daily practice.

Cons

I am not able to retire yet and become a resident myself of one the company’s luxurious and exquisite communities.

Advice to Management

Continue the pathway you are on. Your diligent efforts are recognized and greatly appreciated.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-21

March 8, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments! Our employee's feedback is very valuable to us.

9. "The Arbor Company/Arbor Communities"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best professional and personal experience that I have ever had in my 20-year professional career!

Cons

No Cons to share at this time.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-19

"The best in the business!"

Vice President of Operations in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living for more than 10 years

Pros

A company which is "safe" for you to speak your mind. A company where "doing the right things" precedes other considerations. A company that truly believes in the Golden Rule. You can throw away your resume after you start working here!!

Cons

No downside at all here

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! Always be resident/staff focused!!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-19