Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2019

Found 103 reviews

4.4
Judd Harper
  1. "Senior Care Counselor"

Current Employee - Senior Care Counselor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked for The Arbor Company for 2 years. What I love most is the company's vision, philosophy and standards. They give excellent training too. The Arbor Company is a true leader in this industry.

Cons

The company has improved professional growth potential for all levels. When I started 2 years ago it was no growth potential for sales .

Advice to Management

none

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-16
  2. "Senior Care Counselor"

Current Employee - SCC

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Great culture and support from the top executive down to the field! Excellent company that truly cares about their clients and their employees.

Cons

Need more openings so more people can join this company!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-16

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. Our employee's feedback is very important to us and we are so glad to hear your are happy!

"This is outstanding company that treats their employees and residents with dignity and respect!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellence Senior leadership and they allow their ED’s to manage the business without being micromanaged. The pay is very competitive and the excellent treatment of the employees is developed from the top down! The Arbor culture is alive and represented in all the communities on a daily basis!

Cons

None. I don’t have any challenges working with the leadership team. The whole team is very approachable and competent! I recommend them to any with a passion to server seniors.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example by creating a great culture and listen to your employees.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-10
  4. "Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

I truly believe I work for one of the very best companies in the industry. What truly makes The Arbor Company different is the culture. From the corporate office, regional management team and at the facility level, the Arbor culture is alive and it is a guidepost for our success. When you come to work for Arbor you will find that you are valued and that the company really cares about your success just as much as...

Cons

No matter where someone works in the senior living industry, there will be a frustration here and there. What makes it different with Arbor is that you will get the support to work through any business frustration.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the field as you do. It makes The Arbor Company different in the industry. Hold tight to the culture, it is our backbone!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-13

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our culture and the environment we create for our employees.

"CULTURE IS KING"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Marietta, GA

Pros

Company culture is 2nd to none, we pay for the best talent. Arbor gives us the tools we need to get the job done. Refreshing to see seniors come first and offer beautiful communities. Its even better to have more than enough staffing across every department with resident care,engagement,housekeeping, and dining. No reason to look anywhere else,Arbor is the top of the line operator in senior living!

Cons

great company to work for but we aren't immune to some of the same struggles all operators face. not really a con against arbor, just being realistic.

Advice to Management

Never lose track of what makes this company so beautiful, and that is keeping residents and families at the top of the totem pole. its been beautiful for the first 18 months on the job

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-09
  6. "I LOVE Arbor Company"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Arbor Company's culture is superior to others in the industry and the company really does live their standards.

Cons

I can not think of a con

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-12

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. Our employee's feedback is very important to us so if there's anything we can do in the future, please let us know.

7. "Executive Director"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Arbor company has a culture that is truly focused on customer service to all-residents, families, employees, guests, vendors- ALL! People that have a passion for working with seniors and in environments that allow you to actually focus your time on taking care of the resident and their family, will quickly recognize this is the best employer in this industry.

Cons

Would like to see more defined career growth ladders for front line team members, especially outside of the clinical positions

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-10

"Arbor Company Review"

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had flexible hours. The whole community felt like a tight-knit family. They give recognition to those who deserve it.

Cons

Low pay compared to similar jobs. When implementing new technology or strategies for serving it almost never went smoothly at first and took quite a while to work out the kinks.

Advice to Management

Overall management is doing a great job with the Arbor Company. The only advice I can think of is they may continue to lose talented waiters and waitresses for other jobs that pay more.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-01-12

January 18, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and will continue to look at our wages to ensure we are competitive.

"Stressful"

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Days off were great and free lunch for employees

Cons

Terrible management and noisy co-workers.

Arbor Company Senior Living2017-12-07

December 30, 2017SVP of Sales

We are sorry to hear about your experience with our company. We value your feedback and will look for ways to improve on the areas you mentioned.

• "Office Manager"

Former Employee - BOM in Manassas, VA

I worked at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team work and amazing support for corporate. Sadly they resolved in the employee award ceremony in GA. It was a great motivator for hiring and keeping employees motivated.

Cons

To much work in different areas became unrealistic to do all in an 8 hour day.

Arbor Company Senior Living2017-10-28

November 3, 2017SVP of Sales

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to motivate, recognize and reward our employees so your comments are very helpful.

Found 103 reviews