Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Arbor Company Senior Living Reviews

Updated Aug 29, 2019

Found 108 reviews

4.3
Arbor Company Senior Living CEO Judd Harper (no image)
Judd Harper

"Awesome Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Manassas Park, VA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As and executive director who has worked for several other companies Arbor Company keeps up with the latest technology and programs for staff and residents. They are a caring company that is compassionate about doing "The Right Thing" because it is the right thing to do.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time. Any concerns are usually resolved quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Your growth in the industry is incredible!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-19

March 8, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us!

"Culture, Culture, Culture"

Pros

The southern charm of this organization is real and heart felt. The Arbor Culture is at the core of every decision that is made. Arbor consistently operates on the "FAR SIDE OF FAIR"

Cons

Arbor is a big company who still thinks they can operate like a small company. The regional support is slowly growing to match the amazing growth it has had seen over the past 2-4 years. However there is a lot of work to be done with policies and procedures now that the organization is 40+ communities and 3k employees. Employee Insurance costs are high.

Advice to Management

Keep spending the time and money to hire the right people-- Keep the people standard alive. Also don't fall into the trap of letting unrealistic & profit driven ownership group expectations change our values, our standards and the excellent care and service that is The Arbor Company. That is what makes us different. We put the staff and residents first.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-18

August 17, 2018Communications

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us!

"They Listen. They respond. They care."

Current Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Having worked for three other senior living companies (national and local), Arbor is decidedly different in all the right ways. Residents and staff benefit from caring owners who are deeply committed to doing what's right by each employee and resident every day. They invest in their community management teams and empower us to run our communities using established cultural guidelines that have proven positive... outcomes for residents and staff, alike. The Arbor Company is forward-thinking and proactive in implementing technology, training, and administrative programs that improve day to day operations making it easier for me to focus on the residents and staff at my community. I'm very proud to be a part of this company.

Cons

I love my work. I'm not sure there is a downside, except perhaps that I don't have time to take advantage of all the training offered!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your daily support is felt and appreciated. Thanks for empowering your leaders at the community level. Your guidance and support has helped us build a great team.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-17

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our employee's feedback is very valuable to us and we are so glad you are happy with the company and culture.

"I am currently an Executive Director, I have been with this wonderful company close to 19 years now."

Current Employee - Ex Director

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I came to work for Arbor Terrace because I believe in the integrity, the wonderful culture and support of this company. They are the absolute best to work for in the senior living retirement industry. From the management team in Atlanta and in every community you will see true caring of our residents staff and family members. This group has over 30 years experience in the retirement industry, which is almost unheard... of in this industry.

Cons

Saying goodbye to beautiful residents when they pass away. Continue to support all staff as your company continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep up the good work. The Arbor company is a special place to work where you truly feel like family from the top leaders down. Continue to keep the focus heart centered and continue to hire the best in our industry. Great job Arbor Company, I and so proud to be a part of the Arbor Family!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-17

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Our employee's feedback is very important to us and it's so wonderful to hear your comments! Thank you for your years of service and dedication to our residents, families and staff.

5. "Senior Care Counselor"

Current Employee - SCC

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Great culture and support from the top executive down to the field! Excellent company that truly cares about their clients and their employees.

Cons

Need more openings so more people can join this company!

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. Our employee's feedback is very important to us and we are so glad to hear your are happy!

6. "Senior Care Counselor"

Current Employee - Senior Care Counselor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked for The Arbor Company for 2 years. What I love most is the company's vision, philosophy and standards. They give excellent training too. The Arbor Company is a true leader in this industry.

Cons

The company has improved professional growth potential for all levels. When I started 2 years ago it was no growth potential for sales .

Advice to Management

none

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-16
  7. "A place where you can be you"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA

Pros

People care about each other at The Arbor Company. We come from a wide variety of backgrounds with diverse ideas and experiences but here, we are united by our commitment to caring for senior adults with compassion and intelligence. Of all the companies I've ever worked in, this one has the least ego of any. Everyone is valued.

Cons

We work hard and expect a lot of ourselves and each other. Sometimes we have to make sure we keep things in balance.

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. Our employee's feedback is very important to us and if we can do anything more for you or your staff, please let us know.

8. "Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

I truly believe I work for one of the very best companies in the industry. What truly makes The Arbor Company different is the culture. From the corporate office, regional management team and at the facility level, the Arbor culture is alive and it is a guidepost for our success. When you come to work for Arbor you will find that you are valued and that the company really cares about your success just as much... as the business' success. For the past 2+ years I have felt supported, listened to, and given the tools to be successful. As an employer, The Arbor Company consistently strives to provide affordable, competitive benefits. Most recently, the PayActive benefit was added for employees to access up to $500 of their earned, but unpaid income at a cost of $5.00 for the transaction. This is a great benefit for our employees. Just one example of how Arbor strives to attract and support the very best talent in the senior living industry.

Cons

No matter where someone works in the senior living industry, there will be a frustration here and there. What makes it different with Arbor is that you will get the support to work through any business frustration.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the field as you do. It makes The Arbor Company different in the industry. Hold tight to the culture, it is our backbone!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-13

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our culture and the environment we create for our employees.

9. "I LOVE Arbor Company"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Arbor Company's culture is superior to others in the industry and the company really does live their standards.

Cons

I can not think of a con

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-12

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. Our employee's feedback is very important to us so if there's anything we can do in the future, please let us know.

"This is outstanding company that treats their employees and residents with dignity and respect!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Cumming, GA

Pros

Excellence Senior leadership and they allow their ED’s to manage the business without being micromanaged. The pay is very competitive and the excellent treatment of the employees is developed from the top down! The Arbor culture is alive and represented in all the communities on a daily basis!

Cons

None. I don’t have any challenges working with the leadership team. The whole team is very approachable and competent! I recommend them to any with a passion to server seniors.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example by creating a great culture and listen to your employees.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-10