Arbor Company Senior Living "arbor company" Reviews | Glassdoor

Arbor Company Senior Living Employee Reviews about "arbor company"

Updated Jul 5, 2019

Found 103 reviews

4.4
Judd Harper
Pros
  • "The Arbor Company takes care of its employees very well(in 23 reviews)

• "The Arbor company is a very caring, compassionate company with our staff and residents(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons- I feel that they strive to be first class in every area(in 7 reviews)

• "I really do not have any cons to share about the Arbor company(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "arbor company"

Return to all Reviews

"A great company to work for"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good team environment, great benefits, company-provided meals for all employees. The Arbor Company takes care of its employees very well.

Cons

Somewhat high turnover rate in the care giving department

Advice to Management

Continue taking care of employees and find ways to further boost morale; happy workers work harder! Additionally, members from the corporate side of operations should take some extra time to really look at what they ask of employees in each community. Unrealistic expectations, micromanaging, etc. are not good for anyone... and corporate folks may not even know that they're doing it. Take time to get feedback from necessary...

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-05-03

May 6, 2019Vice President, Communications

Thanks for the review! We value all our employees and are happy to have you as part of the Arbor family!

2. "Amazing Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Care Counselor in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Arbor Company is very supportive of their teams. They have an amazing culture that you feel from the top down. Arbor is innovative and always looking for what they can improve to make your work space and duties a great place to work.

Cons

Arbor gives great training but I feel training can always improve.

Advice to Management

Don’t loose the culture by getting too big. It’s a great feeling being confident each day in who you represent.

Arbor Company Senior Living2019-04-04

April 5, 2019Vice President, Communications

Hi there! We're glad to hear that you're happy at The Arbor Company. We value all our employees, so if there's anything we can do please let us know. Thanks, again!

"Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Arbor company is a very caring, compassionate company with our staff and residents. The Arbor way is to always do the right thing and our vision is to always listen, respond and care about our staff and residents

Cons

I really do not have any cons to share about the Arbor company. I enjoy my job and appreciate their support of me and my community.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen, respond and care to your employees and residents

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-10-02
  4. "Senior Care Counselor / External Marketing Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great corporate Internal structure with real support for success in every job position. Good compensation for work done and great benefits! Excellent reputation in the industry! Great leadership from executive positions down to grass roots management.

Cons

Company is in growth mode.... which actually lends to more opportunities to employees so no real cons at The Arbor Company!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-09-04

September 5, 2018Communications

Thank you for all you do for the Arbor Company. If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to the corporate office (404) 237-4026.

5. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Collaborative Support Partners Provide excellent resident care

Cons

Expensive Benefits - not unique to The Arbor Company

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-05-24

August 17, 2018Communications

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our employee's feedback is very valuable to us and we are so glad you are happy with the company and culture.

"Culture & Staff Are Key"

Pros

I love that this company hires for HEART. Not necessarily resume volume or qualifications. At the end of the day if you don't have HEART to work here, you won't make it! I've adored some of the managers and staff who I've worked with - the Arbor company does do a wonderful job of hiring positive, pioneering and uplifting managers. The communities I've visited and currently worked in are clean and well-maintained compared...

Cons

I've seen people with HEART who were very dedicated to their jobs and their residents either be scared away or be let go. Very sad to see and witness - completely earth shattering to the employee who wasn't expecting it, either. I've also witnessed Executive Directors direct control of hiring/firing their management and leaders be taken out of their hand. I.E. corporate personal making those important decisions for them...

Advice to Management

Corporate: LISTEN to your Executive Directors (who have shown commitment and have a successful track record, of course). Give them control over your communities and more freedoms. Don't scare away or let go of employees with HEART. Give extra staffing hours for Evergreen / Bridges communities - especially the sun-downing shifts! And lastly, as you grow, don't lose sight of your INITIAL PURPOSE: to give seniors the happiest...

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-04-15

August 17, 2018Communications

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value all of our employees, and encourage you to reach out to our Executive Vice President, Mary Campbell Jenkins, at (404) 797-6031 so we can address your concerns.

"They Listen. They respond. They care."

Current Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arbor Company Senior Living full-time

Pros

Having worked for three other senior living companies (national and local), Arbor is decidedly different in all the right ways. Residents and staff benefit from caring owners who are deeply committed to doing what's right by each employee and resident every day. They invest in their community management teams and empower us to run our communities using established cultural guidelines that have proven positive outcomes...

Cons

I love my work. I'm not sure there is a downside, except perhaps that I don't have time to take advantage of all the training offered!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your daily support is felt and appreciated. Thanks for empowering your leaders at the community level. Your guidance and support has helped us build a great team.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-17

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

"An outstanding company with a true passion for people"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Peachtree City, GA

Pros

I have worked with and for the Arbor Company for approximately 1 year and I can truthfully say, without reservation, that this is a truly remarkable organization. I have found Arbor to be progressive, inclusive, forward-thinking, and highly customer-focused. In my opinion, Arbor never loses sight of its vision, purpose, and core values. Any company can compose a beautifully worded mission statement. Arbor team...

Cons

I am not able to retire yet and become a resident myself of one the company’s luxurious and exquisite communities.

Advice to Management

Continue the pathway you are on. Your diligent efforts are recognized and greatly appreciated.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-21

March 8, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments! Our employee's feedback is very valuable to us.

"Awesome Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Manassas Park, VA

Pros

As and executive director who has worked for several other companies Arbor Company keeps up with the latest technology and programs for staff and residents. They are a caring company that is compassionate about doing "The Right Thing" because it is the right thing to do.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time. Any concerns are usually resolved quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Your growth in the industry is incredible!

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-19

March 8, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us!

10. "A place where you can be you"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA

Pros

People care about each other at The Arbor Company. We come from a wide variety of backgrounds with diverse ideas and experiences but here, we are united by our commitment to caring for senior adults with compassion and intelligence. Of all the companies I've ever worked in, this one has the least ego of any. Everyone is valued.

Cons

We work hard and expect a lot of ourselves and each other. Sometimes we have to make sure we keep things in balance.

Arbor Company Senior Living2018-02-16

March 13, 2018SVP of Sales

Thank you for your comments. Our employee's feedback is very important to us and if we can do anything more for you or your staff, please let us know.

Found 103 reviews