Arby's Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Atlanta, GA Area

2.0
Paul Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule easy work friendly customers (in 46 reviews)

• Fast paced, great guest service, always looking for ways to better the customer experience (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • If you aren't a manager you get paid minimum wage (in 54 reviews)

• Many unmotivated workers due to low pay (in 50 reviews)

1. "Improve the overall management and try to extend better opportunities for lower-level employees."

Former Employee - Team Member in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Marietta, GA

I worked at Arby's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a good place to start out if you want to get some experience in the workplace, make some money to spend and for college, especially if you're a teenager. And the hours can be flexible, if you'd like.

Cons

There were quite a bit of coworkers who did absolutely nothing in the store (other than just showed up) and my manager never did anything to actually reprimand such behavior.

Sometimes people will not show up for work without telling anyone, thus causing you to stay over. While more hours shouldn't be a bother because it means more money, it's not fun if you've been there for nearly eight hours already. And it's just rude and irresponsible as a whole to expect someone to stay at work for someone who just didn't feel like showing up.

And people may (will) yell at you about food, literally all the time. But that's a given, so that one isn't such a biggie.

Overall, my experience wasn't good whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Hire employees that actually have decent potential, not ones who are just willing to do the bare minimum to get a paycheck. This includes managers as well. I know of one manager who had absolutely no idea of what he was doing, and ended up leaving the beef in the incorrect oven overnight. We couldn't use any of it. And also, give the team members and managers that obviously HAVE potential, a chance. This includes moving from team member to shift manager, assistant manager, general manager, etc. Rarely did I see that happen.

2. "arbys"

Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Arby's (Less than a year)

Pros

customers are nice and respectful

Cons

the pay was not enough

3. "rate"

Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

Pros

nice co workers , good food

Cons

everything else . very dirty . lazy managers

Advice to Management

um

4. "Lot of work, little pay"

Current Employee - Team Member in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

It's a job, that is about it.

Cons

there is a lot of work to do and you get paid close to minimum wage. It's hard to get promoted even though that's something they sell you on when you're hired. Even when you do get promoted the raise is not very significant.

Advice to Management

pay your employees what their worth hands give more insight promotions

5. "Bad"

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arby's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, management is solid

Cons

Pay is bad, no benefits

Advice to Management

Pay more

6. "If you have an opinion, keep it to yourself."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Simple work, easy hours, no pressure, gym in basement, 50% off at Arby's,

Cons

Uninteresting work, small organization with no growth or learning opportunities, unimpressive leadership, unimpressive technology, office has no energy or ambition (could be a pro depending on your preferences), benefits are substandard, 401k is substandard (you have to wait 12 months)

Advice to Management

Not really advice - the organization has a passive culture because it refects the passive "style" of management. My advice is to the Board that directs management: light a fire under ARCOP because it is running at about 40-50% productivity.

I suppose it would benefit all to train and develop itts people. It almost seemed like management did not know how to develop people. Of course, this is a common problem wthin many organizations.

7. "Arby's is a good place to work if you just need a job, but if you expect raises or promotions, don't work there"

Current Employee - Fast Food Worker in Woodstock, GA
    Current Employee - Fast Food Worker in Woodstock, GA

Pros

The reason I have stayed with arby's so long is because it is a friendly enviroment and the managers are very understanding and flexible when it comes to schedules. I go to college full time and my availabilty changes every semester.

Cons

I've worked there 3 years. I recieved all my training within the 1st year and was certified for a team trainer. I have also recieved above a 3.0 on all of my evaluations. However, I have only recieved one single raise of 10 cents in my entire Arby's career and the management was not happy about having to give me that little bit of a raise. I recently brought this bit of information to my managers attention because minumum wage is rasing and that would place me at the same pay as a new hire.

Advice to Management

It is managements jobs to see that employees that have earned raises get them.

Showing 7 of 1,147 reviews