Arby's Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 2, 2017

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul Brown

Pros
  • Co-workers are easy to work with for the most part (in 23 reviews)

• Flexible schedule easy work friendly customers (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • If you aren't a manager you get paid minimum wage (in 49 reviews)

• low pay and lack of new equipment (in 47 reviews)

1. "Typical Fast Food Job Experience"

Former Employee - Team Member in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Team Member in Louisville, KY

I worked at Arby's part-time

Pros

Job was pretty easy, and you get half off meals.

Cons

Minimum wage; hours were consistently less than I asked for when I got the job.

Advice to Management

Work your employees their desired amount of hours. I was told that I was one of the best employees they had, by my manager. Yet, by the end of my time here, I was working 4-8 hours a week, which is why I left. Many others who I worked with were experiencing the same thing.

2. "low pay hard work"

Current Employee - Slicer in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Slicer in Farmington Hills, MI

Pros

nothing low pay customers are always complaining

Cons

doesn't pay the people that work hard enough to keep them. always understaffed

Advice to Management

they need to have less of an attitude they freak out at the smallest things

3. "Improve the overall management and try to extend better opportunities for lower-level employees."

Former Employee - Team Member in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Marietta, GA

I worked at Arby's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a good place to start out if you want to get some experience in the workplace, make some money to spend and for college, especially if you're a teenager. And the hours can be flexible, if you'd like.

Cons

There were quite a bit of coworkers who did absolutely nothing in the store (other than just showed up) and my manager never did anything to actually reprimand such behavior.

Sometimes people will not show up for work without telling anyone, thus causing you to stay over. While more hours shouldn't be a bother because it means more money, it's not fun if you've been there for nearly eight hours already. And it's just rude and irresponsible as a whole to expect someone to stay at work for someone who just didn't feel like showing up.

And people may (will) yell at you about food, literally all the time. But that's a given, so that one isn't such a biggie.

Overall, my experience wasn't good whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Hire employees that actually have decent potential, not ones who are just willing to do the bare minimum to get a paycheck. This includes managers as well. I know of one manager who had absolutely no idea of what he was doing, and ended up leaving the beef in the incorrect oven overnight. We couldn't use any of it. And also, give the team members and managers that obviously HAVE potential, a chance. This includes moving from team member to shift manager, assistant manager, general manager, etc. Rarely did I see that happen.

4. "Don't do it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Arby's full-time

Pros

Free soda. 50% off lunch.

Cons

One 15 minute lunch break for the entire shift. 6+ hours of constant food prep, dishwashing, kitchen/restroom/dining room sanitation, order bagging, register handling with only one 15 minute lunch break.

5. "US Beef Corp franchise Can't stop the bleeding"

Former Employee - General Manager in Hutchinson, KS
    Former Employee - General Manager in Hutchinson, KS

I worked at Arby's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits. Very process driven.

Cons

Terrible training, even worse upper management support. Very punish cultured.

Advice to Management

Change all of the above!

6. "Great At First"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I worked at Arby's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, quality food, great customer service

Cons

management sucked, unclean store, severely understaffed, overworked employees

Advice to Management

Should hire more people and listen to the requests of current employees to boost company morale.

7. "This was a very mentally draining job"

Former Employee - Back Line Cook in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Back Line Cook in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Arby's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of hours.
    Friendly people.
    Easy to not get attached.
    The minimum wage was increased to 10$ in Arizona making this job 2$/hr more bearable

Cons

There are no security cameras.
    Hourly is equal between cooks and cashiers.
    Having also worked at McDonald's the customers at Arby's are worse overall in behavior and decency.
    As a cook, there is only one nightshift cook, and it is very, very overwhelming closing every night.

Advice to Management

Stores should have security cameras when only two people run the store from 10pm to 12pm thats why Arby's are robbed so much.

8. "Its okay"

Current Employee - Team Member in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Team Member in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Arby's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros at my restaurant are flexible hours, a good General Manager who listens and some good co-workers. 50% off meals and free drinks.

Cons

Customers. I admit customer service isn't my strong suit, but some customers need to relax. Screaming, yelling, threatening, i've heard and seen it all in a year and a half.

Health standards are all but ignored. I've seen employees eating out of the fryer throw away bin or even straight out of the fryer. I've seen employees and managers assemble sandwiches with no gloves. Forget about employees ever washing their hands every hour. You'd be lucky if some of them wash them in one shift!

The assistant managers at my location are a joke. One manager hates customers and took the shake machine down early, then told customers it was "broken". Another manager is permanently angry and is constantly threatening employees. Rather than hiring these nut jobs why not promote some of the team members who actually care.

Advice to Management

Upper management should hold meetings with team members. I understand the difficulties, but if a team member isn't scheduled the same time with the General Manager, they can forget about promotions. Employees should be able to view their files much easier. Even requesting pay stubs is a hassle.

9. "crewmember"

Current Employee - Crew Member in Greenwood, IN
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Greenwood, IN

I have been working at Arby's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people. Easy job. I like the scheduling and how they are flexible. Very cool staff at most times. Easy to get along with.

Cons

Bad people. The pay is low. I don't get paid as much as I would like to. Too much gossip and drama in the work place.

Advice to Management

Prevent drama from happening by cutting people off when they are talking bad about others, rather than encouraging it by joining in.

10. "Desrimination to the Fullest"

Former Employee - Backline in Clarion, PA
    Former Employee - Backline in Clarion, PA

I worked at Arby's (Less than a year)

Pros

Their are no pros to the job

Cons

The whole job is slave labor

Advice to Management

Don't discriminate agents someone you don't know because of their family or who they are with.

Showing 145 of 1,019 reviews