Arc Aspicio Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lynn Ann Casey

"Great Culture"

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is the best I've ever experienced. Almost everyone, no place is perfect, is intelligent and eager to do good work. That positive attitude, which you can see in every level from the CEO down to interns, is really infectious and helps to get through some of the more boring work.

One of my favorite things is how open to feedback and suggestions the company, and especially senior leadership, is. It allows employees to feel like they can really influence the company and drive change.

Cons

The company is working on scalability, which is definitely needed. I've noticed a large variance in the approach, communication, and effectiveness of managers/supervisors. At times, it feels like some higher level folks are not held to the same standards, deadlines, etc.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on scalability.

Improve transparency, especially in hiring/firing, promotions, and salary.

Focus on bringing consistency in management/supervision. Reward those that do well and ding those that don't (regardless of their level in the company).

Arc Aspicio Response

Nov 18, 2016 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for sharing your feedback. I am so happy to see your enthusiasm about the culture at Arc Aspicio, and your happiness with our people and their ... More

"Arc Aspicio is 100% you get what you put into the company."

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Arc Aspicio has a start-up feel, and you get what you put in to it. If you are willing to put in the hours, contribute to the company, and are not afraid to be invested, then you will love it here. For example, after years of working at a big name consulting firm, I love it here! Lazy people won't last here which to me is a pro because I want to work with energetic and passionate people.

I feel very empowered at Arc Aspicio. You have the opportunity to get promoted, get amazing experience, manage staff early on, and you are 100% in charge of your career.

Most of the staff are young and energetic. We are willing to come up with innovative ideas and work hard to get them implemented. Once again, you get what you put into the company, which can be great or terrible depending on you.

I worked at other government contracting companies, even a brand name company, and I like Arc Aspicio a lot more.

Cons

If you want to be overpaid to sit around and do the minimum, then Arc Aspicio is not for you. A lot of people have this idea that government consulting means working from home, doing very little, and getting paid 6 figures, well then I am very sorry to burst that bubble. If you want to get paid to do nothing, then go apply to be a federal employee!

At Arc Aspicio, you are expected to work.... a lot. I'm juggling client work, company work, mentoring, my own outside activities like volunteering and church groups, and I love all of it. If you want to watch the clock, do your 40 hours, and head home, then go somewhere else. Otherwise you will end up writing a negative review similar to other reviews below.

Advice to Management

I would focus on coming up with better benefits, especially something for travel. Going back and forth to client site can be expensive!

Arc Aspicio Response

Dec 8, 2015 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for your review and for sharing your feedback. I agree that we do have great and talented people! Our people continue to amaze me in how they go above and beyond for our clients, their ... More

"Great company to advance your career and grow your skill-set!"

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the leadership, vision, and guidance from colleagues I have been able to really grow my career here. I was previously at a larger consulting firm and I can honestly say that I have learned more about myself and accomplished more here in my 1.5 years than my 3.5 previous years combined at the larger firm. Leadership truly does see their employees as their greatest asset and despite the other posts - they do everything they can to grow their careers and make them happy. The company also has a strong strategic vision developed by leadership - which helps to maintain employee confidence and morale for the future and growth of the company. The access to and dialogue with company leadership is a true benefit - especially to junior employees starting off in the business. Not many companies are like this.

Cons

Some people may argue that some company policies are out-of-date and/or not aligned with industry standards (i.e. telework, time off) - but the truth is if you are a high performer this is not a concern. Management understands the difficulty if working full time and balancing this with life responsibilities - and they do everything they can to accommodate this.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people as your greatest resource/asset. The organic growth at the company is unrivaled and is a true differentiator among the company's competition.

"Tremendous learning and challenge"

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities for career growth and interesting work.
    Very focused on clients' mission.
    Really care about people and their interests.
    Good leaders who are role models in consulting.

Cons

Clients in homeland security can be challenging (but this is often rewarding).
    Government consulting is changing and very competitive right now.

Advice to Management

Focus on how to scale the company as it grows. Don't change the high standards for hiring great people.

"Clients Beware"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're a recent college grad or looking to make a drastic career change (and take a drastic pay cut) and get into the national security arena, this might work out. They bring in a lot of new government contracts by bidding low so there's always new work. If you love low-level administrative work or aren't good at much else, they probably have some opportunities for you.

Cons

Low bids on contracts means low salaries for employees; low salaries for employees means high turnover; high turnover means instability; and instability means clients are left wanting and probably won't come back when it's time for the next contract competition. Employees are required to spend extensive time on superfluous company fluff like writing blogs in addition to demanding hours fulfilling client demands. Employees who avoid the sophomoric self-congratulations of the company and focus on client delivery are ostracized by management. Compensation doesn't seem to be tied in any way to results and more on the level of flattery afforded upper management. Processes, while numerous, are immature but strongly adhered to and not suited to the scale of work the company is attempting to do which leaves associates fighting internal battles instead of delivering results. Employees who offer suggestions to management are punished and singled out during meetings. Interview and recruitment process is ridiculously long for a company of this size and for such inconsequential busy-work. Benefits provided don't nearly match industry standards and employees or clients are expected to bear much of the administrative costs of doing business.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees and be willing to change direction and alter arbitrary policy. Bring up your benefits to a level that matches the industry you claim to compete with.