Arc Aspicio Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Lynn Ann Casey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Arc Aspicio cares about its people!"

Former Employee - Global Delivery Manager
    Former Employee - Global Delivery Manager

I worked at Arc Aspicio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The CEO and CTO have a clear vision for the company and its employees. They put time and money into education and communication to ensure each employee feels a sense of ownership and can add value to the whole of Arc Aspicio and especially its clients!

Cons

Arc Aspicio has high expectations of its employees, And, those who do not have high expectations of themselves may not last long in this environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work that you do for your people, your clients, and your communities!

Mar 10, 2017 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for writing your review. We often hear this wonderful feedback from former and current employees, and it is really great to see the feedback shared on Glassdoor! The company does personally... More

"Typical D.C. Firm"

Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Arc Aspicio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location - In DC, public transit accessible, modern office layout.
    Pay - You can negotiate a great salary if you have the leverage, but they prefer recent GW graduates who do not have extensive work histories.

Cons

Company culture - It has a cult feeling to it. You either fall in line or you do not work there anymore.
    Management style - Tons of micromanagement. At times you feel like a child. Understandable for a kid fresh out of college; does not make sense for a 25+ year old who has been in the workforce.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the culture talk.

"If I could give no starts I would"

Pros

It is a paying job

Cons

Sooo many to list:
    No real guidance
    Mainly hire kids right out of college that don't know anything so they can pay them very little
    Motivation is purely based on "promotion " possibility which twice a year they hold a meeting to decide who in the group will get promoted. Totally based on how much work you've done for the company not your client
    CEO is completely unprofessional

Advice to Management

Hire more experienced workers, value your employees, don't put so much on if someone does a blog post for Arc, focus on their client work. Need much better benefits!

"Unprofessional with No Room for Growth"

I worked at Arc Aspicio full-time

Pros

Lower level employees at this company are amazing, incredibly talented, giving individuals and I was thrilled and privileged to work with them.

Cons

Management is incredibly immoral, unprofessional, and inappropriate. From questioning employees about their personal lives, using scare tactics to intimidate employees such as lying about policies, showing favoritism, and belittling employees, this company proves professionalism and ethical conduct is a thing of the past. As I was leaving my project, the client disclosed to me their lack of respect for the management of the company and apprehension of working with them again. While this was incredibly disheartening, it also demonstrated to me that it is not only the people at the company, which see the unprofessional nature of the CEO/management, but also the clients.

While at the company, I unfortunately had to witness the CEO speaking down to employees and staff, and favoritism for those the CEO felt were loyal enough. While the company asks for employee feedback, it unfortunately hides the real critical feedback from the company and instead ops to sugar coat the feedback and make no real changes. It does not divulge all feedback employees share and instead ops to skew its numbers to look better. I have seen employees promoted despite majority of the company noting instances of inappropriate personal and professional behavior to fellow employees and supervisors.

Advice to Management

Instead of using employees as parots to continue to perpetuate your words, ideas, and vision for the company, you would do well to practice what you preach and let employees have a space to share creative ideas. When assigned a project, allow them to grow and contribute to it in meaningful ways. Stop being petty and inappropriate and maybe your retention rate will grow.

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is the best I've ever experienced. Almost everyone, no place is perfect, is intelligent and eager to do good work. That positive attitude, which you can see in every level from the CEO down to interns, is really infectious and helps to get through some of the more boring work.

One of my favorite things is how open to feedback and suggestions the company, and especially senior leadership, is. It allows employees to feel like they can really influence the company and drive change.

Cons

The company is working on scalability, which is definitely needed. I've noticed a large variance in the approach, communication, and effectiveness of managers/supervisors. At times, it feels like some higher level folks are not held to the same standards, deadlines, etc.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on scalability.

Improve transparency, especially in hiring/firing, promotions, and salary.

Focus on bringing consistency in management/supervision. Reward those that do well and ding those that don't (regardless of their level in the company).

Nov 18, 2016 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for sharing your feedback. I am so happy to see your enthusiasm about the culture at Arc Aspicio, and your happiness with our people and their... More

"Horrible!!!"

I worked at Arc Aspicio full-time

Pros

None. I can't say anything nice about this company. They are very biased and judgemental. Don't be fooled by the long application process.

Cons

Biased and u fair! Don't do it....You will judged from the gate. They have favorites and will use your personal life against you.

Advice to Management

Be a little more open minded. Treat people fail and don't assume. Treat people the same based on skills and not your personal feelings.

Feb 17, 2017 – Senior Talent Manager

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. I am personally so disappointed to see this review and apologize that your experience was not a positive experience. Based on my seven years with Arc Aspicio... More

"I like the company a lot"

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time

Pros

Arc Aspicio cares about the people who work for the company. They really do a lot to care for people. Very kind people work for the company. I recommend it as a great place to work with great teams of people. Clients really like the people too.

Cons

The company listens to feedback well when there is any. They do care about being a great company for the people who work there.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to people like you are doing.

Nov 21, 2016 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you for the review! We are very happy to see your positive feedback. I agree that we care strongly about our people and clients. CEO Lynn Ann Casey, our leadership, our supervisors, and the... More

"Mediocre on a good day, down right ridiculous normally."

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Arc Aspicio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well its a job, they always paid on time and in the world of federal contracting that is not always a guarantee. They also manage to do a good job of hiring good, smart people. They schedule some nice company events/parties.

Cons

Unless you are a targeted hire, you will end up working a very, very dull project for a client. Most likely at a rather dull agency. They sell themselves as super homeland/national security oriented, but really its a super corporate environment where most people would struggle telling you how ISIL came about. But you want to talk about business meetings? Well boy this is the place for you! Oh and culture, sooo much culture. Still not too sure what they mean by that.

Also its very bizarre how the only way to get ahead is to do internal company work - particularly in new business development - that is no way relevant to what you do that generates revenue for the firm. You can absolutely crush it on a project; the client loves you, exceeding deliverable timelines, etc. but be passed up on a promotion because you did not write enough blog posts or whatever. It appears to be commonplace to place priority on company work over client work.

Overall, do not buy into the hype. There is a later comment that I totally agree with posted in march.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic. This is a pure business management consulting firm. Stop selling yourselves as policy wonks. And with that said, focus recruiting efforts on more business oriented folks and you'll have better turnover numbers.

Also, since this is a business where the primary function is to serve a client, give more recognition for those that do great work for your clients. There seem to be like 10 for internal work and maybe 2 for client services. And not everything as to have the word culture in it.

Feb 14, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. Arc Aspicio is proud to support the Federal Government as a trusted advisor and consultant, including in the homeland security arena. The mission is meaningful and the... More

"A Look Inside"

I have been working at Arc Aspicio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’m not with HR and I wasn’t told or asked to write a review, so you may dismiss that notion right now (as it was alleged in some of the other posts).

I’m writing a review because some of the bad reviews on here stressed me out when I was in the interview process. It made deciding whether or not I should accept the offer slightly more difficult. I figured it's mostly disgruntled folks who post reviews, so I moved on with my decision. It seems that happy/content people don't feel the need to write a review, but the unhappy few always will. Hopefully my viewpoint helps your decision if you’re in the same predicament.

I'm glad I took the job. I find management to be exceptional compared to other places I've worked. I feel supported from the most junior associates all the way up through management to the CEO. Management is responsive to concerns, open and flexible. Everybody I work with is eager to help and the atmosphere is positive/upbeat. The culture is great. The company invests in its people and wants its people to experience professional development and career growth. The company truly cares about transforming and changing the clients for the better. It is passionate about homeland/national security and that passion permeates the workplace. This is not a “butts-in-seats” contractor. I'm sure some people work more overtime than others, based on project needs, but the work-life balance I've experienced is good. There are no outrageous requirements that I've seen.

If you want to work in a tight-knit group where your ideas and contributions matter and your name is important, then you would probably like it here. If you come from a frustrating or pessimistic work environment where you’re constantly told “No” and “That’s’ just the way it is; we can’t change it,” then I think you’ll find Arc Aspicio refreshing.

If you want to work for a large company where you have anonymity and you're comfortable completing the minimum job requirements for your contract and nothing more, then move along. I don’t know how else to say it; and if you’re the latter, there’s nothing wrong with that. You have to decide which kind of workplace is best for you and your career goals.

In summary, I like it here.

Cons

Small company - You will get out of it what you put into it. If you want something, you'll have to take the initiative, show a little leadership, and get it done. If you encounter gaps in communication, training, or inconsistencies; you will need to address the issue(s) and help come up with transformative solutions. This is not a place to be complacent or timid, but a place to grow.

Company participation - Again, we are expected to work from the Arc Aspicio office once in a while instead of from home. We are expected to help out with company-related matters (not just project stuff) and business. That can be a downside for some, but others see it as an opportunity.

Pay - The pay is not superb, but I think it's fair. However, there are other parts of the job and benefits that will add value to your career.

Advice to Management

I hope my review provides a bit more honesty and insight. It's important to me that the right kind of people are attracted to the company I work for. I don't have any advice for management yet, and if I did, I would tell them directly, not through here...I am just filling the 20 word minimum in this box.

Jan 25, 2016 – Senior Talent Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your feedback. I am so glad that you decided to join our team, and that you are very happy with your decision. As you have... More

"BEWARE -- DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR HYPE"

I worked at Arc Aspicio full-time

Pros

Great clients -- they somehow partner with great primes and clients that are enjoyable to work for and with

Cons

Questionable ethics -- I experienced outright lying to primes about what employees were doing and how they were being compensated... Also they are most worried about getting new business rather than ensuring existing clients are satisfied and their needs are met.
    Vindictive management -- Do or say anything not glowingly positive about the CEO, CTO or the company, and you pay. These people are bullies and very cult-like...
    Ridiculous hours -- You were expected to work no less than 45 hours per week and it truly became more between MANDATORY recruiting calls, blog and white paper writing, business development and other special interest projects. There was no consideration of work/life balance.
    Unclear expectations -- the career path is not well communicated and seemed to be a moving target; people that gave all their blood, sweat and tears to Arc Aspicio did not advance if they didn't bring enough business to the table (even junior people)! There was absolutely ZERO consideration as to how your clients viewed your success...

Advice to Management

Stop being bullies and run the company like grown-ups

Mar 21, 2016 – Senior Talent Manager

I am very disappointed to see this review. We care very much about our clients’ success and support our employees to successfully deliver great results to our clients all the time. Our formal Ethics... More