ArcBest Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2021

3.9
ArcBest Chairman, President and  CEO Judy R. McReynolds (no image)
Judy R. McReynolds
Pros
  • "Very good work environment, they care about their employees(in 13 reviews)

• "very friendly and helpful dispatch team(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management picks favorites and you will only advance if you're from Fort Smith or relocate(in 8 reviews)

• "Companies within the industry ArcBest is on the low to mid range of the pay scale(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at ArcBest full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great company to work for

Cons

Only 5 days of vacation your first year.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ArcBest full-time

Pros

Hands off Management. Allow sales team freedom to sell creatively

Cons

Services are inconsistent so it is hard to make promises to customers

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Customer Support Coordinator in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at ArcBest full-time for more than a year

Pros

We receive a lot of vacation time

Cons

Peak season is almost impossible to take vacation during. Can not travel to see family.

4. "Sales Minded"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ArcBest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Goal driven culture. If you are a successful seller, you will enjoy your time.

Cons

Learn as you go culture. Not good, nor bad. It is what it is.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Supervisor in Plano, TX

I have been working at ArcBest full-time

Pros

Great benefits, never stuck doing the same things, genuinely goes out of their way for employee well-being.

Cons

Very siloed as an organization making collaborative efforts difficult sometimes.

6. "Positive Experience!"

Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at ArcBest full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work on real world problems the company needs solved.

Cons

Communication with talent recruiters can be a little rough. Staying consistent with them is the best thing you can do, and if you are consistent, it isn't too bad.

Continue reading
  7. "Good company"

Current Employee - Quotations in Hot Springs, AR

I have been working at ArcBest part-time

Pros

Worked very well with my hours and with students

Cons

Co workers vulgar language is inappropriate

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Student Worker in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at ArcBest part-time

Pros

Great at hiring college students and preparing them for full-time employment

Cons

hiring process can be slow

"Read this if you are looking at Management Trainee Role"

1.0
    Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at ArcBest full-time for less than a year

Pros

Like every company, there are some good people and horrible people. If you enjoy this type of work, do good, and are willing to pick up and move wherever-whenever to fill whatever job that needs to be currently filled at the company, then you will be on track to a promising career and can climb quite high in the company!

Cons

If they say you can pursue sales after training WRONG. This program essential gives you a few months of “training” with 3 continuous weeks of shadowing Operations managers (warehouse managers) followed by 1 week of shadowing Account managers - then Repeat. Then after about 3 months they offer you an operations job - with 90% of the time it being in a different location than where you are currently training. And again, you will NOT get a sales job. Only after a year or 2 of operations work will they consider moving you to sales. If you want a better idea of the work you need to read the Glassdoor reviews on the ABF page, since operations managers technically work for them and not ArcBest. Did I mention that if you want to progress in the company you have to be willing to move about every 2.5 years at the drop of a hat. No joke the C level executive have moved across the country over 10 times moving their way up the company ladder. And NO you don’t have a real say in location. You go where they need you. That means Billings Montana, Decatur Alabama, and Fort Smith Arkansas - not exactly where you’d probably choose to live. They did not make it clear in the interviews what the position entails. This is essentially a blue collar job with some computer work, so if that is not your thing -this company is not right for you. I would NOT have accepted the job had I known that as an “operations management trainee,” you are essentially sitting in a disgusting warehouse full of freight at all hours of the day and telling angry truck drivers what to do! Did I mention, depending on your location, this includes grave yard shifts(11pm-8am). Yup have fun sitting in a freezing cold warehouse in the dead of night with angry dock workers, who will hate that a newly college graduate is their superior. Fingers crossed they don’t offer you a permanent grave yard shift once you finish training —— but they probably will since you’ll be the lowest on the totem pole and no one wants to work the night positions. You might train at a smaller service center that doesn’t run 24/7, but do not be fooled! They hire the young college graduates to eventually fill the operations management roles in one of the HUGE 24/7 Distribution Centers (DC). It’s very telling that within a year of starting, over half the management trainee class have left the company. Overall horrible experience.

Continue reading
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Dock Worker

I have been working at ArcBest full-time

Pros

Company values employees and treats fairly

Cons

working hours can be rough

Viewing 1 - 10 of 201 English Reviews