I have been working at ArcBest full-time (More than a year)
Great co-workers. Growing supply chain business solutions. Chances for advancement. Very strong and stable company despite the woes of the recession on the freight business.
Nothing really to bring to attention
I have been working at ArcBest full-time (More than 5 years)
Lower management really respects employees. It is a very friendly work environment. Would recommend this place to anyone.
Not many cons. There is a lot expected of you. Very few layoffs because there is such high need for employees.
I have been working at ArcBest full-time (More than 3 years)
New experiences, outstanding values, high integrity, good salary, appreciation of personal insight/opinions, opportunities for advancement
Employee insurance cost is based upon your salary which is a disadvantage.
Advice to Management
Sometimes the best employees are the ones without the degree because they work harder to prove their self value to you. If there is an issue with only one employee in regards to behavior or work ethics, it should be addressed on a one-on-one basis and corrected as opposed to penalizing a whole department.
Lot of work, but great hours, training, respect, and wage
No cons that I can think of. But I have to type 20 words, so.
I have been working at ArcBest full-time (More than 10 years)
They have recently expanded the upper management positions and they're promoting people into new positions. It is an exciting time to say the least.
The Fort Smith area is not a booming metropolis, but if you like the outdoors then there is plenty to do.
I have been working at ArcBest full-time
Friendly, family oriented environment. Incredibly bright future with exciting things to be a part of. Plenty of opportunity for someone who works hard.
Training and development opportunities are focused on leadership or brand new employees.
Advice to Management
Provide more training opportunities for those who are not new, but have not progressed past Management level.
The people and culture are really helpful.
There are absolutely no cons. This company has treated me extremely well.
I worked at ArcBest full-time (More than a year)
* So many *good* people at ABT
* Managers are reasonable and caring people
* Flexible work hours
* Daily catering avaiable
* Excellent pay
* Stable employment, low turnover
* Interesting projects, lots of new code to write
* Mile-long walking trail is beautiful and a great way to make friends at work. Many people take a lap in the morning and a lap in the afternoon.
* Corporation is constantly introducing healthy living initiatives. Very cool!
* Private family doctor within walking distance from the office - extremely convenient.
* ABT has many *expert* software developers. You are guaranteed to grow as a programmer.
* Top-notch, well-funded, extensive training program for new employees. Lots of valuable skills to learn.
* The trucking industry is NOT boring. Lots of interesting problems to solve!
* Relatively stingy with vacation
* Cubicle farm
* Legacy software is a harsh reality for tech companies that have been around for this long
* Management is effecient and stable, so promotions can be slow
* Heavily invested in proprietary software (WIndows + IBM, virtually no Linux)
Room for growth
minimal vacation time
Corporate-y but culture is changing
I have been working at ArcBest part-time (More than 3 years)
Wonderful people and good benefits
Self management is a must
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?