Arcadia Home Care and Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
John E. Elliott II

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Office staff goes out of their way to get desired shifts in preferred facilities (in 4 reviews)

• Opportunity to meet great clients for short term and long term care (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • nurse waits till last minute to come do sup visits (in 2 reviews)

• The office does not supply simple things, like post it notes, pens, notebooks, and even soap (in 2 reviews)

1. "HHA"

Current Employee - Hha in Okemos, MI
    Current Employee - Hha in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, weekly pay. Opportunity to meet great clients for short term and long term care.

Cons

No raises for HHA's. Long travel times.

2. "Would not recommend"

Current Employee - Scheduler
    Current Employee - Scheduler

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Monday through Friday, no holidays, and paid time off is a pro. Starting pay is better than most places.

Cons

There is an unrealistic expectation of having new employees be able to maintain and "fix" an ongoing issue that was created way before their arrival. No breaks, except for your required lunch. The office does not supply simple things, like post it notes, pens, notebooks, and even soap.

Advice to Management

Be sure to treat your employees equally and fairly. Don't allow an issue to grow out of control and then expect a complete newcomer to take control of it.

"horrible management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great clients and office staff

Cons

upper management is horrible. Bad communication

Advice to Management

focus on clients and employees customer service. Do things for the caregivers show them you appreciate them

4. "Love taking care of people. Very rewarding."

Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The person can remain in there home.

Cons

Need sign on bonus after 60 days.

Advice to Management

Offer more rewards might be more pay to employee at least $3.00 more on the hr.when we accept a client when is hard to get his or her hrs overed due to distance to drive.

5. "arcadia Home health"

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing part-time

Pros

they always a lot of hours

Cons

Company had a lot of payroll issues

"If you're a hard worker and want pay you deserve look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

There really isn't one I can think of they cancel alot don't have lot of facilities to choose from women in office are nasty over the phone

Cons

I just started in January 2017 and I'm quitting after my next shifts are complete, They cheat you out of money, I found out recently when I was at Parkside the pay they pay agency to use their aides and nurses we're not even getting half arcadia home care is shady business they are keeping more money for them self and paying whos doing the hard work little to nothing

Advice to Management

Better pay it shouldn't matter if a person works 36 or 12 hours if pay is 15 after 36 it should be 15 @ 12 hrs to its only fair

"Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Dayton, OH

Pros

Office staff goes out of their way to get desired shifts in preferred facilities.

Cons

Flexibility is very required and the ability to adapt quickly

Advice to Management

Can't really think of any

8. "Worked for these fools at Northpoint and it was HELL"

Current Employee - Aide in Clinton Township, MI
    Current Employee - Aide in Clinton Township, MI

Pros

Weekly pay is nice assuming they get you paid correctly.

Cons

I worked for these fools at Northpoint, they screwed with the process that had already been in place at the time they went in there and didn't admit when their way failed. They mistreated all of us as employees: our pay was always screwed up, they promised bonuses for picking up shifts but then the bonus would not be on our paycheck. One of my coworkers worked 23 hours straight for them because they didn't schedule the shift properly and they wouldnt let her leave until he relief got there even though she was crying because she was so tired and wanted to go home. It's illegal to work 23 hours straight like that especially not being given a choice and being told she would be fired for walking off the job if she left before her relief got there. It's not her fault that you guys didn't schedule enough people on the shift. And you know something I was working the weekend that our manager in the office had to work both Saturday and Sunday afternoon as a med tech. I heard her on the phone in another room asking for help from Dani a few times because one of the people you guys scheduled was acting up and our manager couldn't handle her and get all the meds passed on time. Then the next thing you know boom the manager is gone.... Well all of us that came from quality are back at quality and everything is running like a well oiled machine again. But no surprise there, Arcadia was the problem not Northpoint.

Advice to Management

Don't even know where to start you guys suck.

"Working at Corporate office"

Former Employee - Central Sceduling
    Former Employee - Central Sceduling

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time

Pros

The pay is not bad.

Cons

If you are willing work like a dog without breaks and without taking a lunch and keep your mouth shut no matter what happens, you may keep your job here. Though the turnover speaks for itself. Also be prepared to work at least 1 hour of overtime at least 3 nights per week after you have already worked straight through your scheduled workday without taking any of your breaks. You will be given an unreasonable and impossible amount of work to manage and as staff around you quit or are suddenly terminated, you will be expected to take on that persons work as well. You may go to management to express that you are having trouble keeping your head above water and they will probably give you words of encouragement and then retrain you on things that you already know. After this, when you are still overwhelmed with work and exhausted by all of the overtime, your manager will use that paper trail to terminate you for poor work performance.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the "little people". All of the potlucks and opening day bbq's don't matter if you are going to ignore the people who are doing all of the dirty work when they come to you for help. The people under you, that you are putting in charge of others -- keep a closer eye on them and what they are doing with their time.

"Good, all things considered"

I worked at Arcadia Home Care and Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company offers many full-time positions within local office structure; CEO believes in promotion from "within". Easy career development.

Cons

With any corporate-owned company, there is sometimes a disconnect between expectation and reality, especially those working within a distant front-office operation. Home Care as a whole, tends to be pretty stressful, regardless of the Agency.

Advice to Management

Offer productivity feedback to operators more than once per year; be willing to accept feedback/constructive criticism in return.