Arcadia.io Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2021

4.3
Arcadia.io Chief Executive Officer Sean Carroll
Sean Carroll
Pros
  • "Amazing workplace flexibility to work from home, unlimited time off (as much as you can negotiate with your manager)(in 5 reviews)

• "Benefits, time off schedule, great people, and an even better atmosphere(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Career paths not extremely clear(in 5 reviews)

• "the usual growing pains when a company is doing very well(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Poised for rapid growth

Apr 22, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of good people solving very interesting problems. The product is fantastic and we have an amazing customer base. Lots of interest in our platform from emerging markets that poises the company well for a rapid growth trajectory.

Cons

Some Arcadians can hold on to ways of doing things that worked when it was a much smaller organization. Communication across departments is a struggle. The company is growing quickly and needs to plan and execute like the company it wants to be, not the company it was.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

They say all the right things but in practice your experience may vary wildly

Mar 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and compensation (if you fight for the compensation that is, in my experience they will try to get by on giving you as little as they can) Great perks Engaging PeopleOps group, I truly believe they care, it just didn't seem to permeate the engineering group mindset while I was there Flexibility schedule-wise with WFH (pre-pandemic) and unlimited PTO

Cons

Dev teams are all over the place, some are agile, some are not, some are an outright mess, communication is terrible and it leads to dysfunctional, miserable releases Work/life balance is completely random, some people barely put in 40 hours others put in 100 hours and still more seems expected of them PeopleOps says the right things, but in practice people were burnt out and miserable Psychological safety is not a thing with a lot of the groups here, you are not put in situations where you feel you can engage and be open in meetings, often-times you may actually be put on the spot, or feel attacked.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great People, understaffed, mismanaged employees, low incentives

Apr 25, 2021 - Iplementation Engineer in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Coworkers, flexibility to do what interests you, room to grow, interesting work.

Cons

They review employees quite regularly with no incentive for improvment. I was always praised for excellent work and never offered a raise or bonus. After 2 years, I asked for a raise and it was a long process of "let me get back to you because I'm not the one who has that power", and then I would have to ask again and again to follow up, like pulling teeth. Finally 6 months later I got my raise but it felt like begging.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pushing the envelope in the market but needs to do better with managing employees

Apr 30, 2021 - Applications Analyst in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people, FTO, good benefits, company growth, and product evolving

Cons

Favoritism discourages other employees, clueless management or simply just doesn’t care, career progression is pretty bad due to unnecessary politics, managers doesn’t live up to what they say to employees losing employee trust burnt out employees and major turn overs

5. 5.0

A Company that Cares

Feb 26, 2021 - Office Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The recruiting process was very positive. My start was delayed due to the pandemic, but the People Ops team worked to stay connected to me during that time. During this pandemic the company has made a great effort at normalizing work and interactions. This ranges from providing home office equipment to forming a "Compassion Club" to address employee and community needs. Employee safety has been made a priority and I appreciate that. This company evolves quickly and works to provide top notch service to both customers and employees.

Cons

If you don't thrive in a fast-paced environment, then it may not be a great fit.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 5, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything, remote work, management, challenging

Cons

Training can be difficult with learning the product and applications at first but it gets easier as you go.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok place to work but can be frustrating

Mar 4, 2021 - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great manager. Great work life balance. Adequate coworkers

Cons

The teams are really siloed and don't share information which makes it hard and frustrating to do normal work. There is also no internal documentation where you can find what other teams do/how they work. The product team is particularly hard to work with because they rarely involve engineers in their planning so they often times have outlandish expectations of what we can do.

8. 5.0

Pleased with the Recruitment process

Feb 24, 2021 - Senior Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am a new employee. I was impressed with the hiring team; They were knowledgeable, transparent and very responsive.

Cons

I am very new, but so far, so good.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love my company

Jan 6, 2021 - Data Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees truly care about each other Family atmosphere in a growing company

Cons

Truly remote is a bit lonely

10. 5.0

great company

Jan 6, 2021 - Analyst in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good company, good benefits, good people

Cons

scope not wide and a lot

Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Reviews