Arcadia.io Reviews | Glassdoor

Arcadia.io CEO Sean Carroll
Sean Carroll

"Growing pains..."

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time

Pros

Highly flexible work environment. Company is very willing to allow flexible hours, remote work, as long as high quality work is being done in a timely fashion. A lot of good, smart, talented people to work with.

Cons

Growing pains and shifts in technology are creating some challenges as the company goes through a transitional phase. What used to be a nice, flat management structure is becoming more vertical and bureaucratic. Salaries are somewhat below industry standards. Lots of turnover recently at various levels of the business. Review process seems to change every year.

Advice to Management

Settle on new technology strategy for the next phase of the company's core platform. There is some tail wagging the dog syndrome setting in.

Arcadia.io2018-08-04

"Great People, Great Growth Opportunities"

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people here are amazing: engaged, interested, genuinely caring, and full of hidden talents. I am impressed every day by how much work we all put into taking care of our customers. This is a wonderful place to grow, if you're looking to take on new challenges and opportunities - people are ready to support you if you need it, but you also have autonomy to get the right things done, and we are in a great place... in the market.

Cons

I wish our main office were nearer to public transportation.

Advice to Management

As each office across the country evolves with its own personality, try to also make sure that there are elements of a shared culture and that people in all locations feel like they are treated consistently.

Arcadia.io2018-06-15
  3. "At the Center of Healthcare Transformation"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Relatively flat organizational structure. Senior managers and execs are easy to access. Great customers who are really enthusiastic about the technology and services that the teams deliver. There is a ton of flexibility in work environment, but also an expectation to work more than a typical 9-5.

Cons

The office is far from public transportation and the local area is in office-park hell. Not much networking opportunities with other startup like companies, so working at Arcadia can feel a bit isolated.

Advice to Management

Some small investments will go a long way. A refreshed office, some better in-office snacks would be great. Better team outings, more frequently. Running the Arcadia Awards ceremony more frequently (bi-annually?) would also be a big morale booster. Bring back entry-level recruiting. There's been too much churn of the alleged "seasoned industry experts" when your best talent are those who grew up in the... business.

Arcadia.io2018-05-10

"Good company still finding its way"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

very flexible, very smart people, lots of variety, could really take off

Cons

high turnover, offices not valued equally, office politics

Advice to Management

visit Rockford more to show you care and to understand better what we do

Arcadia.io2018-01-12
  5. "New Hire - Great Start"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a recent hire, I wanted to acknowledge the well orchestrated recruiting process + orientation roll out. I have never been at a company that has such a comprehensive and extensive training program that will equip me for success. Everyone I have met within the company has an extensive industry knowledge and background. This company is on a significant growth trajectory.

Cons

There have been no cons to date!

Arcadia.io2018-01-04

"Smart people"

I worked at Arcadia.io full-time

Pros

Great work life balance, on the edge of the exciting field of pop health

Cons

To get anywhere you need to be part of the in crowd

Advice to Management

Invest in career development

Arcadia.io2017-12-01

"Went downhill fast & will likely sell soon"

Current Employee - Managed Care in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The staff is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and hard working. The separate lines of business are a large team and family. The company allows for flexibility of hours and remote work. They also have great health insurance with low copays and deductible.

Cons

The lines of business are segregated. Nobody knows what the midwest office does nor do they care. Even tho that office is keeping the company in the black. If you don’t work on a connector, you’re a nobody. This is very evident in the company wide meetings. Midwest office has half the perks of the rest of the company but still have to listen to the millennials out East whine about not having enough perks and... benefits. Some upper management is arrogant, unprofessional and lacks ethics. But that gets swept under the rug because “that’s the culture”. The new HR department publicly promised all staff fair and “market competitive” compensation by the third quarter of 2017. But when there was no money to do so, she made the managers be the bad guy and tell the staff it wasn’t happening. Company made a big deal about a large investor at the beginning of 2017 but now operates as if there is no money. Company does anything they can to make things easier for Accounting and HR but all it does is make more work for upper and middle management. If it wasn’t for the health insurance, flexibility of hours and remote work, I would’ve left when Arcadia acquired the midwest office. I believe Arcadia will sell in the next 5 years and the current staff will all be out of a job at that time.

Advice to Management

Upper management is fake. They over sell and over promise their services and under compensate the staff. They tell the staff whatever they need to to put a good spin on things. What they don’t realize is that the staff sees right through it, “believes it when they see it” and expects to be disappointed. You say you’re “transparent”. Try being honest, own up to your own mistakes and actually try being transparent... for once. If you want to keep your staff and get good employees, follow through with your promises. Pay them fairly for the work they do. Stop handing out perks and benefits that people aren’t asking for just because it’s the newest trend. I’d tell you to listen to your employees but they are all tired of asking for the same thing over & over again that they’ve stopped asking.

Arcadia.io2017-11-02

"Great People and Major Opportunities but Out of Touch Leadership"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, wicked smaht colleagues. Lots of promising business, clients and partnerships. Opportunities for growth.The company seems to be a growing leader in the market.

Cons

New HR is the wicked witch of the east and finance leadership is extremely out of touch. They are focusing on squeezing every penny from employees and the company. Many people have begun interviewing elsewhere because of poorly handled recent restructuring. Company trimmed its fat some of which made sense other seemed random.Long hours and so so pay.

Advice to Management

Dont take more benefits like free phones away from people if you want to keep good people. Several companies are beginning to poach people.

Arcadia.io2017-10-21

"A place to learn something and leave"

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time

Pros

Smart, collaborative teammates, interesting healthcare data, meaningful business problems to solve, room for innovation

Cons

Focus seems to be on propping up short-term numbers for likely sale of the company. The interesting technical work has moved to Pittsburgh; they are gutting other teams working on current products and clients even though sales are booming. Trust between leadership and staff is very low. Culture is great if you're a young white male from an elite school.

Arcadia.io2017-10-17

"Great Potential"

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time

Pros

Great culture with opportunity to grow on trajectory for big things

Cons

Growing companies have bumps in the road and may not be for everyone

Arcadia.io2017-10-19