Arcadia.io Reviews | Glassdoor

Arcadia.io Chief Executive Officer Sean Carroll
Sean Carroll

"Engineer"

I worked at Arcadia.io full-time

Pros

* market leader in integrating health care data * Great people - wicked smart and generally work well with others * extraordinary use of emerging technology * lots of opportunity for staff to learn new skills

Cons

* heavy upper management that can struggle with problem solving and facilitating solutions * seem to be moving from long term, customer focused thinking to short term to "get it done in half the time" * Some efficiency and accountability is lost through sharing responsibilities across staff vs. utilizing specialists.

Arcadia.io2017-10-19

"Management"

I worked at Arcadia.io full-time

Pros

Benefits, FTO, Work life balance

Cons

Too many changing processes, C-Suite heavy, no growth opportunities

Arcadia.io2017-09-18

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Burlington, MA

I worked at Arcadia.io full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working in healthcare data aggregation sounds great, but the work gets old fast. Great place to work for if you are in the engineering team, front-end only. There are a handful of genuinely nice people who are simply amazing. Snacks are free and pets are welcome.

Cons

Company takes advantage of international workers and belittles everyone that's not part of the "Tufts" crew. You will never see a bonus, raise, and company culture is at an all time low. They've shaved all benefits and have gone into a cost savings mode either by terminating senior members or restructuring their titles to force the employee out. Some teams have had several hires and each one has been fired or just... walked out. Recently promoted employees who were properly trained are not required to train new employees and will keep all of their knowledge to themselves. Most of the recent hires just train themselves. Tech and QA teams are overburdened and bludgeoned with work.

Advice to Management

Please steer the ship around. About 6 months ago I would have told you I was proud to be an Arcadian, but it's truly sad to see an organization that was so exhilarating flat line. At least give your employees a yearly salary increase to match inflation. I hope someone from the board realizes that an organization is strengthened by the people within not by those who act with bravado. It's also apparent that the... company has reached a saturation point in terms of development and now looks like eye candy for a larger group to acquire.

Arcadia.io2017-05-26

"Consultant"

I worked at Arcadia.io full-time

Pros

Good place to learn the consultant skill sets hard and soft

Cons

Management needs to be improved their only concern is to please the client and not growth for employees

Advice to Management

Be more open-minded and care about employees as much as you care about the clients

Arcadia.io2017-05-21

"Great trajectory, best in the market!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time

Pros

Arcadians are some of the smartest and most driven people I've had the please to work with. The company is constantly working to improve, expand it's offerings in the market and become more operationally efficient. What's great about this, is that the changes aren't always from the top up, but all employees are encouraged to improve and innovate. There's very little red tape and if you're willing, it's easy to... make an impact early on and be recognized for it. The culture is generally laid back, and your work and work ethic is valued much greater than superficial office place formalities. A top-notch place to if you love healthcare tech and data!

Cons

If you don't like working in a challenging, dynamic environment and just want a "9-5" this is not the place for you. Formal training has greatly improved, but you need to be prepared to learn a great deal on the job. The company has transformed over the past years and has come out with a better, clearer message and position in the market. The period of change was unsettling for many employees. But now that... the coarse has been set and has stayed consistent, and are beginning to see this pay off in huge ways.

Advice to Management

Continue open communication and dialogue and keep consistent messaging both internally and externally. Expand budgets for team outings for employees of all levels, which seem to have been reduced as of late. The warm and tight-knit Arcadian community has been one of the best things about Arcadia and the culture and we don't want to lose that with new employees.

Arcadia.io2016-12-29

"Good while it lasts"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Arcadia.io full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good job. Lots of work to do. feel like I made a difference.

Cons

Micromanager as supervisor who was "always right--if you don't agree you are written up so you quickly learn to agree Lost one contract and lost job, no warning job was in jeopardy.

Advice to Management

Follow seniority guidelines

Arcadia.io2017-02-05

"Dispersonal"

Senior Consultant in Burlington, MA

I worked at Arcadia.io

Pros

Very smart people. Great industry, huge potential.

Cons

No compassion, no respect for commitment to the company. You give, they take. End of story.

Advice to Management

Value your current employees, grow with new hires but remember who got you there.

Arcadia.io2016-12-30
  8. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time

Pros

I have been working at Arcadia for just under a year and is definitely the best company that I have worked for. My manager cares about my career progression, my interests, and gives me constant feedback, both positive and negative. I have worked at some large companies in downtown Boston, but I feel I have learned much more in this smaller environment.

Cons

I really love my job here so there isn't a strong con that I can add here. If there are any difficulties, I feel like management and stakeholders try to change and improve.

Advice to Management

Try and be a bit more transparent on what changes are being planned, especially with upper-level management. There seems to be a lot communication at the top level, but even those directly below upper level management do not seem to have a voice in changes.

Arcadia.io2016-11-16

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Arcadia.io full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome data warehouse and stable processes in place for extracting from hundreds of EHRs. People are great - really engaged and enthusiastic, a lot of talent and passion.

Cons

Some of the day-to-day tasks can be tedious and mind-numbing. Career advancement is not clear cut or well-defined.

Arcadia.io2016-10-20

"Growing company"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Arcadia.io full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard working, intelligent and driven colleagues

Cons

issues with resource sharing and top executive was volatile

Arcadia.io2016-10-27