85% would recommend to a friend
(3145 total reviews)
89% approve of CEO
Found 3,145 of over 4K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People are great and friendly" (in 212 reviews)
- "the ability to work on some of the biggest projects in the world and good work/life balance" (in 159 reviews)
- "The benefits are good and they even offer a week of paid maternity/paternity leave for new parents." (in 144 reviews)
- "Great culture and exposure to major projects" (in 104 reviews)
- "Great colleagues and some really brilliant individuals" (in 81 reviews)
- "So no surprise that the salaries are low and there is always a reason why sadly we can't increase your salary at the moment" (in 165 reviews)
- "Pay and compensation is low" (in 97 reviews)
- "The merge caused uncertainty and poor management" (in 87 reviews)
- "Line managers don't take responsibility and fend the task of chasing support services back to you." (in 43 reviews)
- "no bonuses are paid to employees." (in 40 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Arcadis and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 18, 2023Graduate Process EngineerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCardiff, Wales
Comfy small team of 10, friendly staff members willing to help and educate on the field and projects, Graduate scheme allowed socialising, Offices had optimum focused and relaxed environment to do work. Provided ample equipment + £200 for optimum home desk set up/ ergonomics, truly care for employee health and safety.
Seasons of low and high work load, Can be instantaneous or a lull for months, Not much use in the benefits, Highly remote working (hybrid) so all team members were from different citiesArcadis Response6d
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, good luck with the next step in your career
- 5.0Nov 30, 2023Senior Management AccountantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsMakati City
competitive salary, training, employee development, potential assignment outside the country
be a politician, if you want salary increase or promotion, resign get a job outside then reapply :)
- 3.0Nov 21, 2023Marketing StrategistFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsNew York, NY
The people are incredible, talented, and diverse. Your voice is heard and considered.
The company is in a state of transition and North America feels very disconnected from the parent company. General uncertainty surrounding identity and how all market areas are perceived or valued by the parent company.Arcadis Response4d
Thanks very much for your review and taking the time to share your thoughts. We are often told our people is what sets us apart and we are happy to hear that this was such a positive in your experience with us. Your feedback has been taken on board.
- 5.0Oct 16, 2023Associate Cost ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsGlasgow, Scotland
1. An ethical and sustainable approach to business - e.g. they made the effort to support staff through the challenges of COVID-19 2. A broad variety of work you can get involved in - e.g. I tend to seek out a new challenge every three years or so and there's always something out there 3. A great sense of teamwork and professionalism at team level 4. Generally clients are aligned to our culture. They are pragmatic and supportive, creating good working relationships. 5. Feels like we're heading the right direction as a business
1. IT could be better - e.g. the self-service model feels like it's been pushed to the extreme 2. Resource planning challenges can mean high workloads at times (though this is improving) 3. Insufficient time and money put towards process and technology improvements and standardisation - processes can feel out-of-date, manual, and duplicativeArcadis Response2mo
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see you've been able to build a good career at Arcadis! Your feedback has been noted and shared.
- 5.0Nov 20, 2023Senior ArchitectCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Everything. WFH/Hybrid. Great offices. Great pay, benefits and support.
It can feel a little lonely at times. My current line doesn't give a lot of feedback, but it could be that I'm too new. Can be cumbersome to find your fit, but give it time and ask around. In a company of 36,000+ employees, in 70 countries with countless projects in different sectors, you'll find something.Arcadis Response4d
Thank you for your feedback and review, we're really pleased to hear of your positive experience at Arcadis so far! If you aren't already, we encourage you to have regular weekly or bi-weekly meetings with your team to ensure you are getting the feedback you need to continue to grow and develop.
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023Structural Engineer IICurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsRaleigh, NC
Large amount of opportunity to learn and grow
Workload can be heavy at timesArcadis Response4d
Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear that you feel there is a large amount of opportunity to learn and grow here. We understand that sometimes workload can be heavy and encourage you to speak with your supervisor to continue to find ways to have balance in your day.
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Civil EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
People first company. Allow employees to train and progress in career. No underhand racism experienced like in my previous employer.
Pay isn’t the competitive compared to rivals.
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Environmental EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearIaşi
People first Great environment Transparency
At this moment, Can't think of something that is cons
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023Health and Safety ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLeeds, England
Great training, flexible working and employees
A good employer, senior management didn’t communicate when I handed notice in which is disappointing. I left due to expanding my competence elsewhere.
Arcadis Reviews FAQs
Arcadis has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 4,028 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Arcadis to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
85% of Arcadis employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Arcadis 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.