ArcelorMittal Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
ArcelorMittal Chairman & CEO Lakshmi N. Mittal
Lakshmi N. Mittal

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free parking, casual dress code, good pay (in 13 reviews)

• Good company worldwide footprint with lot of perks for the employees (in 6 reviews)

1. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Canutillo, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Canutillo, TX

I worked at ArcelorMittal (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very professional and treat their employees fair

Cons

Stressful and very demanding environment

Advice to Management

Needto learn how to take advice from submanagement

2. "Analyst Shared Service"

I have been working at ArcelorMittal full-time

Pros

Able to have a good job working close to home.

Cons

Rate and Speed of Mobility can be non exisitant if stuck in a certain department

Advice to Management

Put some in charge of all, but better if in charge of no one.

3. "EEngineer P level Process Research Steel making Refractories"

Current Employee - Applications in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Applications in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at ArcelorMittal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Based on what iv'e learned the advancement opportunities have proven to be that of the best in the country. Even greater reason for an individual such as myself to get on board a winning team of professionals.

Cons

Their are no cons, when beganing your career with new and interesting position's, that place us on the fast track toward a successful life. Continuously learning new information and utilizing the skills iv'e learned to help improve this country's way of life,is as great of an accomplishment anyone can expect to have.

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging open feed back from candidates, while exploring new and innovative ways to become energy friendly is a large reason why myself and many others are becoming even greater interested in the steel manufacturing industry. thanks for your consideration .

4. "interested applicant"

Pros

After witnessing several of the statements of the employee's, it seems to be a hands down situation, working for Arcelor Mittal the best opportunities for employment growth and education in the mid- west.

Cons

Have yet to find a reason why working at Arceor Mittal would have a down side on anyone's life. All the learning opportunities are available to each team member to excel in their field of study.

Advice to Management

Involving experienced automotive graduates to the team of, Process Research Steel Making Refractories is always a plus, especial'y those who are interested in participating in the school of Arcelor Mittal, in the field of Metallurgical Engineering. Advancing team members is always a plus for the team member, even if he is a new team member, and the growth of the company's advancement in creative thoughts for new safety products, in the automotive department.

5. "Steelworker Jobs"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Sparrows Point, MD
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Sparrows Point, MD

I worked at ArcelorMittal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Great benefits, Overtime available if interested.

Cons

Dirty, Shift work, Forced overtime.

6. "Great Experience!"

Current Employee - Associate Electrical Engineer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Electrical Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at ArcelorMittal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and very sharp engineers to learn from.

Cons

Sometimes you may get a little dirty working in Maintenance but if you do not mind then the job is awesome.

7. "Shift Manager"

I have been working at ArcelorMittal full-time

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, very good learning experience.

Cons

Reduction of salary benifits, not many move up opportunies.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer

I have been working at ArcelorMittal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary is OK,decent place to work, wide range of flexibility on how individuals perform given tasks. Good 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, and flexible working schedule in my case.

Cons

Lack of direction, from upper management very little opportunity to excel, and when those opportunities do become present, Absolutely no effort is placed to give everyone who is qualified the opportunity to apply for the job. its simply assigned to the Good old boy/ Gal club. lacking investment in modern engineering tools, salary raises, are not consistent, and when there are raises , its arbitrarily based . attrition rate is high

Advice to Management

Make a good conscience effort to provide individuals with opportunities based on proven abilities and not based on favoritism, invest in your employees, and show appreciation when its due.

9. "Production"

I worked at ArcelorMittal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Long hours, work, schedule, hours

Cons

Dangerous, old, parking, chemicals, chemicals

10. "Arcelormittal Monessen Good Company to work for in the Mon Valley"

Current Employee - Heavy Machine Operator in Monessen, PA
    Current Employee - Heavy Machine Operator in Monessen, PA

I have been working at ArcelorMittal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay for this area. United Steelworkers Union. Pension Plan $2.90 per hour. Great health care benefits. 401K plan offered. Close to home for me. Shift differential. 1 Paid personal day, Paid Birthday Holiday. Vacation pay. Good safety training.

Cons

Dusty, Dirty, Hot working environment. Have to wear a nomex hood and respirator and PPE at all times while working on the batteries, even while in the summer and while operating machinery. Makes it very hot and miserable. Working outside in the elements, rain or snow or shine or 90+ degrees. Forced overtime. Operations of old heavy equipment. Some employees do alot less than other employees that are doing the same job.

Advice to Management

Would like to see this company do more for their employees. I know Arcelormittal has a website that offers a few discounts, but they aren't great and employees barely use them. Similar companies offer discount baseball/football tickets to their employees. Some smaller named companies that I know of give Steelers tickets to their (over 500+) employees for FREE. We don't even have 180 employees including management. It would be nice to get something once or twice a year for our hard work. (Instead of the occasional pizza party that only the daylight crew or only the maintenance crew gets. Ive been an employee for 3 years now and i have never been on the daylight shift when they have these parties, how is that fair to the other crews?) Other companies have Christmas party's at local casinos or somewhere and raffle off tvs and nice things and also give each employee $250 to spend at the casino. Let's do something together and have a nice Christmas Party once a year or something. We are producing the BEST COKE IN THE NATION, give us something back for it! We work hard everyday, Most of us anyways. Overall, we have a good, safe work crew now and all of the bad employees were let go (for good reasons) after the new plant manager was hired. Give us a safety bonus of some sort. It is an incentive to work safely and work towards something. Maybe if no one gets hurt during a certain quarter, then reward the guys for it. I'm just offering suggestions or ideas. Of course everyone should be working safely daily. But, ALL of he other Arcelormittal Companys have a profit sharing and incentive plan, we do not! There is a USW district 10 picnic at Idlewild every year for a cost of $22, they have gone WAY down hill over the past 15 years. Last one I was at barely had anything at all to raffle off compared to precious years. it is a shame how this industry and usw has gone down hill. But this specific mill has not gone downhill as of lately and has made vast environmental and other upgrades thanks to Arcelormittal and its employees. Let's work together towards some kind of goal and be rewarded for accomplishing this goal as a team and company, not as a company vs union employee. I look to retire from this company in 20 some years, I would just like to see a little more effort on the companies part to take care of its employees. I don't think that is too much to ask. It doesn't have to be in a contract for us to do something like this!