Arch Telecom Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Sales Associate

3.8
Vic Ghai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • And now, with the roll out of our Employee Stock Ownership Program, there is an excellent opportunity to plan for your future (in 7 reviews)

• Great coworkers, excellent opportunity to make big commission checks, great support from management team (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • the only think I wish they would include is a 401k program, a lot of the upper management has been here for many years (in 21 reviews)

• It used to be no 401k but our ESOP destroys that (in 12 reviews)

1. "Expansion for archtelecom"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in New Port Richey, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented. Fun job. Always has growing opportunities for growing. Paid time off

Cons

Dress code not the same as corporate . Only 1 day off a week. Day by day schedule.

Advice to Management

Have more respect for single moms

2. "Sales can be hit or miss"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're in a high traffic area with wealthy neighborhoods around, you're going to make good money. You are able to buy accessories they sell at wholesale price. They also have contests where you can win various prizes. Wireless sales is the easiest type of sales you can do.

Cons

If you're working in a low traffic location, it will be increasingly more difficult to get a good commission check on their tiered gross profit commission plan. Retail hours can be a bit taxing on your personal life.

Advice to Management

Stay frosty.

3. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hourly pay was low. Commission structure was a joke. But if you hit all your goals they "pay" wasn't to bad.

Cons

Other then the store level staff (other sales people and location manager). Upper management was a joke, all they did was micro manage everyone.

Advice to Management

Clean house.

Arch Telecom Response

Jan 11, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback regarding your prior employment with Arch Telecom. As a company we attempt to make everyone’s experiences a great one but we understand that this may not always be the... More

"You can make decent money, but you sacrifice your dignity."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent commissions, full time hours

Cons

They got rid of raises, very political, shady practices in many stores, they encourage you to do shady things, but if you get in trouble with the customer, they don't have your back.

Advice to Management

They already know whats up.

Arch Telecom Response

Nov 10, 2015 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback regarding your current employment with Sprint Store by Arch Telecom. One of our core values is to represent yourself with pride and integrity. This value holds true at all... More

"Good Pay, Cool People, Shady Deals"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's plenty of cool people that work here so it is mostly a fun atmosphere and the compensation can be high if you work for it.

Cons

Upper management has a fire-and-hire mindset, Milestones that were used to give raises were taken away without notice

Advice to Management

Bring back milestones and stop hiring/promoting based on personal favorites

"My Thoughts"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you can sell, have a great personality or ambitious this is your stop! They will train you and help grow you. You can make good money and its a great platform to a promotion either in there company or another dealer.

Cons

no benefits for sales associates only managers. no 401k,

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - SALES ASSOCIATE/ARCH TELECOM in New Hartford, NY
    Current Employee - SALES ASSOCIATE/ARCH TELECOM in New Hartford, NY

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There commission structure is great,
    Tons of ways to make extra bonuses and extra money.
    They really know how to take care of there employees.

Cons

None that i can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"Excellent"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training program, and lots of support from the management.

Cons

No complaints, I moved to Kansas and they are a coast based company.

Advice to Management

My DM was great, hire more people like him!

"Great sales experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in East Rutherford, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in East Rutherford, NJ

I worked at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training program, excellent managers. I was able to gain experience here and land my dream job with the skills I learned at Arch. Sprint Rewards me program was a great way to earn extra cash and new devices. Industry always changing which keeps it fresh and exciting

Cons

No health benefits for non-management. No 401k. Retail hours. Must have a flexible schedule to work in this indusrty

Advice to Management

Continue promoting from within. Do a better job of recognizing the hard work of employees

"Someone had to say it .."

Current Employee - SALES ASSOCIATE/ARCH TELECOM in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - SALES ASSOCIATE/ARCH TELECOM in Portland, OR

I have been working at Arch Telecom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1.You have the ability to make good money if you are lucky enough to get put into a high traffic store.
    2.The company is very structured and has a lot of promotions to help you close sales.
    3.Full Time

Cons

1. Your job is constantly held above your head so if you have a killer day for yourself in sales and the next day you have a super slow day because the customer traffic is not there you can expect to hear from a manager about "having to sell more or they can just as easily grab someone new to do your job". You never feel secure with the job and never know when you will wake up the next morning jobless.

2. When comparing a regular sales rep with anything promoted above them there is a huge respect and pay gap.

3. They do not understand that if the customers are not there you cant sell and expect you to travel the city passing out flyers to people who are busy at work to try and generate business. If they did not come in that day you failed, and once again are threatened that if you do not make a change certain "changes" might take place.

4. They will act as if they want to promote you and even say that they will promote you to the next level if you can hit a certain goal or do a certain number. They'll make you think you are doing great (and you might be) but once you do hit that number and bring up that you want to be promoted its always a "Your numbers aren't good enough" . A day after they make you think you will be promoted they could throw out that if you don't do more your future is uncertain and that they might have to take action.. which again brings up the fact that your job is always held above your head.

5. Unless you work at a top of the market store you might as well expect to never make a commission check which comes only once every 2 months. Even if you hit your commission requirement in sales other factors that make it harder to earn commission could put you out of their required commission standards. So you could have made the company a lot of gross profit that month and hit over their required $30.01 gross profit per hour which would be decent commission check and get nothing.

6. The amount of stress involved with this job is absolutely absurd and worth much more than the minimum wage they will pay you. Uncertain job security everyday plays a big part in this if paying bills means anything to you.

7. What they expect from you is unrealistic and what you do for the job held above your head is worth much more than minimum wage. Weekly off the clock early morning conference calls to go over how to better serve customers, off the clock low performance calls, and leaving the store everyday to go pass out a flyer to someone at their business are all just a part of the package. Which doesn't make sense because they know it doesn't work and yell at you for low numbers.. but how can you sell if you aren't in the store?

8. Same company same team right? They drive heavy competition in the market so much so that they want you to call out other employees and sister stores in the market. Very negative, non-motivating reinforcement everyday, for everyone to see over the outlook email you use to write in every sell, every lead, every call out..everything. Not responding to a recent email is looked down on severely.

9. You are expected to call leads, people with business accounts, and cold call random places a lot during they day but if none of them came in to buy that day.. you must have not said it right and need more training.

10. The employee turnover rate is unlike anything I have ever seen before. The steady flow of employees leaving and new hires coming in and out after a few months is a good sign that something is very wrong and that something needs to change.

11. There doesn't seem to be a very good "open door policy" with this company. Bringing up a concern or question about your job outlook or just a simple sales question will only get you a reply that turns it back on you and has them questioning your numbers and/or training.

12. Very very very micro managed. This results in having to contact higher ups in many scenarios, resulting in dissatisfied customers. Which results in bad customer service surveys against you, which makes you have to join in on their required off the clock conference calls to discuss why you got a "satisfied" instead of the "very satisfied" on the survey.

13. They promote on numbers alone so if you are an unlucky rep who is put into a slow store.. Good luck, regardless of the sales experience, leadership, or customer service skills you might have.

Advice to Management

We all get paid on commission and no one likes to only make an hourly minimum wage check. We put in tons of work and a lot of hours for you and most of us hardly make consistent commission checks. So the last thing we want is someone constantly riding us telling us what you think we are doing wrong and that we must not want to get paid.. of course we want to get paid.

If you want to micro manage us all day everyday at least make the job a less stressful, and make it a fun/healthy working environment so your employees actually want to sell for you and want to stay with the company for more than 3 or 4 months.