KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ArchCare

Engaged Employer

ArchCare

Add a Review

ArchCare Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated Dec 7, 2020

Found 6 of over 214 reviews

2.9
ArchCare President & CEO Scott LaRue
Scott LaRue
Pros
  • "Good benefits, great co workers , good residents(in 14 reviews)

• "There are many other moving parts that make this office such a great place to work(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High turnover especially among upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "No one in management is transparent(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ArchCare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunities and friendly working environment

May 14, 2019 - Switchboard Operator in Rhinebeck, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Archcare provides a friendly and welcoming environment for everybody including staff, residents and visitors. Great place to build a career or even gain skills needed in today’s work environment. I Really enjoy working for Archcare.

Cons

often times sort staffed

Corporate Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear that you are having a positive experience at ArchCare.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

nurse

Dec 7, 2020 - Family Nurse Practitioner in Bronx, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. love it

Cons

low staff. Need more staff

Corporate Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re happy to hear that you enjoy working at ArchCare. Our recruitment team is continuously working to fill open positions at all locations. If you would like to share further feedback, please give us a call at 1-855-951-2273.

3. Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Poor mismangement

Dec 14, 2019 - LPN- Private Duty in Staten Island, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a great place to work.

Cons

Poor mismanagement, they do not take care of their staff. They asked the employees to put in good reviews here on glass door because they were freaking out about the truth. The Department of Health should look closely at their practices and how the staff is treated. There is favoritism and they enroll some patients just because they need the money and not necessarily in the best interest of the patient. Some nurses are overworked while others are just casually taking it easy. Be weary of positive reviews here as management is directing their staff to put in positive comments as the negative comments will bring them unwanted attention.

4 people found this review helpful

Corporate Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at ArchCare. The Leadership team at ArchCare is consistently encouraged to attend various leadership development courses. If you have further feedback to share, please give us a call at 1-855-951-2273.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Love them and Lead them

Apr 25, 2019 - ARNP in Staten Island, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I walked into the Archcare PACE program from Florida not expecting to blend with a NEW YORK CITY group of co-workers. As a native North Florida Floridian, born and raised with 3 generations of Deep South roots –what could I possibly have in common with folks that have a culture of horns, lights, and non stop entertainment. My plan, just get in, be a wallflower, do my job and go home with a with a new experience and $$ to enjoy my summer with. Instead I discovered so much! First and foremost their approach to treating seniors! The PACE program that they started is second to none! I have been in healthcare for over 34 years, I have worked with geriatrics for more than three quarters of those years, and I have never seen the commitment to ensuring their best life as much as I have here. I want to first introduce the immediate leadership and co-workers with a little bit about their personality and then move to the patients and their personal stories and feedback. They will be only surface and brief perceptions of what I have seen but I believe no one argue they are spot on. Last I will describe the program and how these descriptions are the ‘reason’ it works. Hire talent and hearts, not JUST degrees and you will have a program second to none for sure! Dr Crismali: POLYGAMY-Meaning married to more than one ….I say this because if he could put a ring on his job he would be married to it. He doesn’t view it as a ‘job’, he literally perceives his role as his second family. He speaks with a soft tone, but his voice is heard loud and clear and manages to put chaos back into an orderly pace quickly. Bill Franklin comes to mind when I met Dr Crismali, the man that saved Southwest Airlines with a 10 minute idea. Donna: SPAGHETTI! She can have 10000000 thoughts, orders, people discussing 7 conversations at once all while typing a well written response on an email and never flinch. I keep forgetting she is ONE person. She does all of this with Grace and huge heart in her every response, a talent I have never witnessed before. Dr T: the BEAR: the meaning of the Bear is strength and confidence and standing against adversity, taking action and leadership while the spirit of the bear indicates a time for healing to help others and provide strong grounding forces. Dr T will go to the trenches to fight for her patients and while soft and cuddly for everyone to love, the bear can come out if you mess with her cubs, which are her patients, her family or her co-workers! This program is beyond blessed to have her! Julia: THE FIRST LADY- Always poised under pressure, character is pure hearted and behind the scenes the one doing so much of the work that is not really seen or discussed in public. (we all know the first lady runs the country behind the scenes) She uses her nursing skills, common sense and purest heart to make certain every participant is getting extraordinary care and results. She makes Florence Nightingale proud every day. Her quick thinking and decision making is proof that experience in the field and in life qualifies you for a doctorate in bedside care. Jim: “LOVE EM AND LEAD EM” That is what comes to mind when I hear his name. He was not here when I first arrived but returned a few weeks in. Upon his return everyone stopped for HUGS. Not just a pat on your back hug, but the I MISSED YOU DEEPLY and don’t want to let go hugs. The hugs that included that extra -long embrace that I knew this man was loved by everyone here. To discover he is their leading force was an amazing discovery as every person here truly wants to have his approval and follow his vision. The Homecare nurse team Nurses and Dieticians: DUCKS they all are so smooth on the service, so calm with the patients, so calm during IDT meetings, they make their job look beautiful and EASY from the outside, while underneath and behind the scenes they are paddling like crazy!! They all work together, they make the view incredible as the patients share the home experiences with me during my visit with them and share how much they change their life daily for the better. The Social Work Team: PASSION FOR WHAT IS RIGHT! Nelson Mandela one of my favorite leaders of all time. I listen to the heightened voices fighting for their patients and I feel like I fell into an episode of a NEW YORK DRAMA TV show. Sometimes I can’t understand their words because their tone is elevated with the increased rapidness of the words coming together to get their point across. This is when I am 100 percent fully aware that I am not in Florida! This is a passion second to none! They fight and push for their patients as if their last breath depends on it. If everyone could be so lucky to have people fight for their rights as they do OT-PT Marlon: Physical Therapy- EDDIE ROBINSON of Archcare! I was lucky enough to sit and accidently observe his work for an entire day with my make shift office set up in his therapy room. Eddie Robinson was a coach that said “you can’t coach people unless you love them.” I watched Marlon show his care for the patient while motivating them to push further. His results were ten folded because of his love for them first! OT: Rashel- “Get a grip” she makes certain they can grip again! She listens, she respects, she collaborates the goals and looks them in the eye. Her patience and kindness is second to none. Schedulers: THE ENGINE: I have never seen a company set up meetings with families and literally include every step of the process. The schedulers make certain when things are in a pinch, they somehow pull out of the sky and get the appointment necessary to make certain that participant is getting the best possible care. I have not seen passion in a job to perform for a patient when often they have never even met the patient. The company producing a way for the schedulers to meet the people they are working with is genius! I call them the engine because we can’t finish our assessments or treatments without all of the facts or tests needed and they make it happen just like we can’t drive without our engines. I watched Sabrina sit with a patient holding her hand ‘listening’ to her share her loneliness. This is not a scheduler’s job! But again they hire hearts first. Sabrina went one step further and notified the nurse of her loneliness for further follow up. Transportation: Jessica Watson comes to mind when I see her in action! She can’t control the wind, but she constantly adjusts the sails to get people where they need to go! She never flinches, she never shows she sweats, she just keeps adjusting the sails! Air Traffic Control over Atlanta doesn’t have anything on her! Home Health Aide Coordinator: Janine –Imagine when you have to place someone in another person’s life for up to 24 hours per day-meeting the needs requested by family while not infringing into their personal space, satisfying the nursing staff for hours of care, keeping the insurance company happy that we are not over spending, keeping the patient happy that they ‘get along’ and the social work team for how the care is carried out. Multiply this by 100000000 and you might come close to realizing the amount of stress that goes with this position. Then add full moons, undiagnosed conditions that were not brought into the plan, family dynamics that were not exposed until after the fact. Having a background in astrology would help a lot in matching up signs and personalities but she does this magically with a quiet lead. Meryl Streep comes to mind every time I watch her speak, quiet and calm under pressure. Day Center: DISNEY!! They know how to make it fun! In my 33 years I have seen more die from loneliness than all diseases combined. I have watched Ann hold the hand of patient and laugh with them and cry with another. I have watched them in IDT tear up talking about a patient. Their hearts and love for their job is truly a blessing to everyone here! Ann doesn’t mind a nick name placed on her by a patient and then jump when that nick name is called out. She isn’t going to let a need go unmet in that center! There are many other moving parts that make this office such a great place to work. This program is designed to allow participants to remain in their home for as long as possible, to age with dignity and a quality of life that allows them to socialize and participate in their own decisions regarding how they will age and how they will live. They ensure socialization, medical care, long term goals and options as well as a cutting edge approach to wellness. All of this is done from a place within their heart. If you’re lucky enough to be offered a position with this PACE program, you hit the jackpot. If you’re lucky enough to have a family member that qualifies and accepted into the program then you hit the lottery. I am forever changed by this assignment and will hope to carry these idealistic approaches back to Florida with me! LaCinda O’Steen ARNP-Board Certified Family Practice

Cons

it is in NYC :(

1 person found this review helpful

Corporate Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience while working at ArchCare.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very demanding job, but it is also fullfilling

Jun 30, 2019 - Nurse Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, good exprience

Cons

Very fast pace envirnonment. Client population is very complex

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Ept employee

May 30, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work everyone's awesome

Cons

Need more of a face lift to the interior.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews