Archer Education Reviews

1. 5.0

VP

Sep 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovation toward producing the highest quality

Cons

Sometimes there are no concerns with the company you work for!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

This company isn’t a good fit for African Americans

Sep 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks. Some fun events. Flexible for some people. Some nice coworkers.

Cons

Fake communication. Different treatment for different people. Don’t care unless you’re one of the favorites.

Archer Education Response

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Hearing about your negative experience working at Archer saddens me to say the least. I really appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention. Archer places a high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace, and I'm very sorry to hear this was not your experience while working here. I promise we’ll strive to do better. I'd like to better understand your experience so we can address issues that could make Archer a better place to work. Please reach out to me at bhartnack@archeredu.com to discuss. Sincerely, Brian Hartnack

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing company with a lot of potential

Jun 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Campus Explorer has proven to be a really great company to work for. They offer good benefits, a growing business model, and an awesome staff. The culture is that of a marketing agency and very friendly. Everyone seems to be very helpful and step up to the plate when something needs done. There really is a lot of opportunity for growth at this company.

Cons

Not all but “some” upper management can be a bit stand off-ish- as like most companies.

4. 5.0

Campus Explorer Really Gets It

Apr 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture: every last person is amazing, naturally fun and laid back (not forced-fun), management is extremely loyal and invested in their teams. The company takes good care of its employees and treats them like human beings instead of cogs in a machine. Great benefits, fair and reasonable pay, legit opportunity to advance. Everyone has a voice, regardless of title. Growing without losing what makes them special. Start-up culture without the start-up baggage.

Cons

Co-workers in multiple offices (makes communication difficult) LA traffic, amiright?

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was cool

Mar 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers were cool. Very laid back and casual environment. No micromanaging.

Cons

Did not recognize employees hard work in all departments. Lack of communication across the board.

6. 5.0

Call Center Customer Service Agent

Nov 27, 2017 - Call Center Agent in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well the work environment is comfortable, yet professional. It's no pressure, but pressure. The stress is light, but team working/ uplifting and helpful. All of my Managers are the best, most reasonable people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Well, the companies purpose wasn't easy to see. We were not clear on our job purpose. Room for growth is internally limited.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cool Company Cool Atmosphere not for me

Jun 22, 2017 - Customer Service Associate in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managerial staff were cool, breaks were minimal and rushed but otherwise cool

Cons

Other co-workers, short breaks, cold calling

Archer Education Response

Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your response. We are always interested in feedback. To clarify, our break schedule is based on the hours worked and what the requirements are for an hourly position. We are sorry to hear the breaks felt rushed. You had mentioned that your other co-workers were a con. We do want the atmosphere to be friendly and respectful even if not everyone would be friends outside of work. Our call center while does make outgoing calls, they are based on the center receiving information from a user who has interest in a particular school program. Thanks again for your feedback!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to grow

Mar 11, 2016 - Client Services Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Professional Growth & Supportive Coworkers In my six years working at Campus Explorer I've seen several people grow to higher positions within the company and some have branched out to better opportunities with the blessing of our CEO Brian Hartnack. It is a very collaborative environment and everyone is willing to share their wealth of knowledge with you. Management is also really good at spotting and rewarding talent and hard work. -Family Oriented I've been pregnant twice in my tenure at Campus Explorer. Prior to getting pregnant I thought being pregnant would hurt my career. I was bracing myself for negative backlash. Campus Explorer welcomed both of my pregnancies and did everything to make me feel that my job was secure and that I was a valued employee. -Relaxed Environment Employees are young (at heart) and dress is casual. This is a company full of hard workers who are committed to the growth of the company. To make sure the employees are happy and healthy Campus Explorer provides healthy snack options and a cozy employee lounge for breaks. The lounge is fully stocked with bean bags chairs, a comfy couch, TV with game consoles, a ping pong table, and a balcony to enjoy the Santa Monica breeze. -Integrity The thing I love most about Campus Explorer is that it values the relationship with our users and partners. It is stressed in our call center to only match the users to programs they are interested in and qualify for. It is so nice knowing that you work for a company with integrity and that they are interested in providing quality.

Cons

We have to wait an entire YEAR for our legendary Holiday party. We have a team bonding summer party to hold us over but it isn't enough.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Life at Campus Explorer

Mar 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room for advancement if you are diligent, hardworking, and persistent in your efforts to advance. I began in the call center as an agent and then advanced to client services. Another pro is that management is always open to new ideas or available to address concerns.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is that when I first started here we had more activities that involved all of the departments mingling with each other and that doesn't quite happen anymore unless it's at the summer party or Christmas party.

10. 4.0

Operations

Mar 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the business, who care about a quality product in a fun, casual environment. We are serious about our Ping Pong too! This is a great place for employees who are entrepreneurial as well.

Cons

Best fit for employees who are flexible and able to change priorities based on the company's needs as it grows.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews