Ardent Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David T. Vandewater

1. "Senior Clinical Application Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Milton, DE
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Milton, DE

I worked at Ardent Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly environment to work, I was able to perform my duties remotely from home, Good Pay

Cons

I was surprised they only informed me a week in advance that i will be losing my job due to Epic requires local people and no remote employees.

Advice to Management

At least give more time to employees whose position getting eliminated. Keep employee's work ethic in front.

"IT department is tough!!"

Current Employee - Epic Analyst in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Epic Analyst in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast growing always looking to expand. Small company with big plans and acquiring more facilities. Epic conversion their smartest move yet. New employees have not yet figured out some of the games that are played.

Cons

This IT department is the most difficult department to work in that I have experienced. Communication and sincere recognition methods do not work. Leadership is more concerned with promoting their subordinate "friends" who are less skilled and run the team like a high school click of bully's. Good employees have left over the years fostering a "watch your back" environment and misogyny runs rampant. IT Employee satisfaction surveys are a joke and things rarely are done to improve them if at all. Most do not express opinion for fear of retaliation and retribution.

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the animosity. Something needs to be done to correct leadership behavior as employees plan to leave with their Epic certifications. Really take action on your employee satisfaction surveys, you should be held accountable just like every other department.

Oct 28, 2016 – Director of Talent Marketing & Relations

Thank you for sharing your perspective and thoughts. We do not tolerate a culture in which employees fear retaliation. Please contact your Human Resources department or call The Ethics Line at ... More

"Business Manager"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Sand Springs, OK
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Sand Springs, OK

I worked at Ardent Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

was not micro managed. Enjoyed flexible schedule, good benefits

Cons

high stress and constant change

Advice to Management

Need to improve communication

Aug 29, 2016 – Director of Talent Marketing & Relations

Thank you for sharing your review. We work to foster an environment in which our employees feel welcomed and well cared for amidst the changing landscape of health care. I welcome you to contact me ... More

"Sucked dry; little appreciation!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Ardent Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many people wonderful to work with. Patient care a priority.

Cons

Agendas galore! If they think they can save a few bucks, they'll eliminate good employees to replace for a lesser salary. This has costs in other areas. Ethics & Compliance a joke! Will be used against you, if needed.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and acknowledge your star people. Top local management seem to only listen to those with agendas and make uniformed decisions. Stop getting rid of people that make a good, positive impact.

Aug 29, 2016 – Director of Talent Marketing & Relations

Thank you for your feedback. I will share your thoughts with our leadership and welcome you to contact me directly to discuss further at amanda@ardenthealth.com.

"Horrible place to work! The culture is management grinds all live out staff."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have to have a job. I work here until I can leave albuquerque.

Cons

Staff is treated like crap. Man there is a revolving door in HR. I can not believe there any employees with even 5 years with the company.

Advice to Management

don't treat your staff like toilet paper!

"AHS is an uncompassionate company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owasso, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owasso, OK

I worked at Ardent Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The working staff, nurses and nurse techs

Cons

Administration is only for themselves

Advice to Management

The administration at Bailey in Owasso, Ok needs an overhaul! The working staff don't mean anything to administration. Basically, Bailey Medical Center in Owasso, Ok, is a hub of the worst of AHS. When calling the main office in nashville, i was given a run around, no assistance their either. Just a horrible company to work for, in my opinion. The work enviroment is stressful because the 'rules' are different for each employee. HHS was a good place to work until, AHS bought them.

"Top Heavy, too many inexperienced managers and not enough experienced support staff"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The casual dress code. The Culture of the support staff.

Cons

inexperienced managers threatened by skill set of of more knowledgable, experienced support staff.

Advice to Management

Learn how to accept constructive criticism. Listen to your SME. A great leader surrounds themselves with support staff that know more than they do. There is a certain level or respect that is created as a result, its one of the things that makes them successful, as management doesn't have all the answers and never will. Listen to the voice of the little people sometimes..

"Mismanaged, high turnover, financial concerns"

Current Employee - Management in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Management in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some good people who work here. But most are outside management and typically found as you near patients in the hospitals.

Cons

Employees share of Health care costs high. Low morale.
    Micro-managing senior management interferes with knowledgeable, skilled talent
    Behind in required technology deployments required by Health Care organizations. Written policy exists, but no emphasis on adhering to written policy, unless something breaks.
    Project Management getting better, but still poor due to office politics.
    Technology in use is dated year 2008, technology budget suffers considerably. If you're a talented technology leader, your career will stall here.
    Great people are passed over for outside personnel.
    Lost about 1/3rd it's technology workforce in the last 18 months.
    Many people not pulling their weight permitted to stay due to high turnover rate.
    Poor on boarding of both new personnel and new acquisitions.
    Finances hurting due to healthy trends in society and minimal re-investment into current facilities.

"Ardent means "greed""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Ardent Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

About all I can say positive is that it is better than unemployment. It is nice to have a job in this economy.

Cons

Focused only on numbers, enough profit is never enough. Won't spend to improve facility, slow to even make needed repairs. They ignore results of employee satisfaction surveys. The upper management do little work and are out of touch with the actual patient areas, won't leave their offices.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, don't treat them as disposable. Happy employees equal better patient satisfaction. Don't be so focused on squeezing the place dry.

"Driven, for profit attitude"

Former Employee - Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Ardent Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are expected to be the most efficient in the business. This is not a company where you can "sit back and collect" a paycheck. Good company for highly motivated employees. Pay is often above the norm for similar jobs in the same market.

Cons

Can be "cut throat" and intimidating to employees. In some instances, its more about who you know than what you know. No sense of loyalty to employees (i.e. layoffs, demotions, etc.)

Advice to Management

Treat employees with more respect and make a better effort to keep your most promising employees.