Ardisam Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Michael Furseth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Growth & Opportunity If YOU Want It"

Current Employee - Product Line Manager
    Current Employee - Product Line Manager

I have been working at Ardisam full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ardisam has grown and evolved tremendously in the 20 years I've been here. The path hasn't always been easy but the adaptability of this company to the ever changing world is very impressive. There is no shortage of opportunity and advancement if you're willing to work hard for it and produce results that matter. If you're not a hard worker who doesn't want to help solve problems then don't bother joining the team.

The best thing about my job is every day is different. It's not the same set of tasks day in and day out. Depending on the time of year, I perform different things within the product developmet department.

Things like benefits have improved, 401k match finally happened, Christmas party is great.

Cons

Stressful at times but most work environments are. I do believe if you're not stressed and have some pressure at times then you're probably not overly effective and just along for the ride. Successful people find ways to manage adversity and power through it.

Advice to Management

Continue to get the proper resources weather it's the right people or the right tools to do the job. This has improved a lot in the last 5 years. Looking forward to the new headquarters building next year, it will improve everybody's work environment.

Jul 23, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Ardisam works hard to create a culture of people who work hard, but also... More

2. "Purchasing"

I have been working at Ardisam full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard working and community minded, both within the company and within the community. Strive to be competitive in the marketplace, as an employer. Great department manager. Besides the language, there is a positive atmosphere and outlook.

Cons

Pressure unbearable at times, trying to do too much with too few people. Difficult to balance work and life sometimes. Profane language frequently across the company. Sometimes the same battles are fought season after season and year after year.

Advice to Management

Consider providing cash bonuses to everyone based on performance, not just upper management (?) and Sales. Product development cycle needs to be changed to a minimum of 18 months to prevent the cart being put before the horse season after season.

Jul 31, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Ardisam continues to explore and improve on its supply chain management and... More

3. "Parts & Warranty"

I have been working at Ardisam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company allows you to pursue your passions and gives you the building blocks to grow and achieve. The people are alway courteous and helpful and the work environment is always fun.

Cons

It is very fast-paced and this is a benefit for many, like myself, for others it can seem a little overwhelming. Seasonal product lines can cause extreme workloads at times and much slower at other. Management is always looking for ways to improve upon this.

Advice to Management

Continue to visit and get to know your employees to create an environment of unity.

4. "Great Place to Work - Close to Home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, WI

I have been working at Ardisam full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ardisam has and instills core values second to none. If you don't believe in the values set by the company then it won't be a good fit for you. Challenging and Rewarding on a daily basis. Almost everyone gets along and resembles a tight knit family or group of friends.

Cons

As with any job, demands can be very high. Our products are seasonal and when seasons overlap it can be stressful, but what job isn't?

Advice to Management

Keep communication open and bring information back from meetings as needed in real time to your employees. That keeps morale and productivity up.

Jul 26, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Communication is very important, and Ardisam continues to work on improving... More

5. "Great Company- Doing big things, in a small town"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Cumberland, WI
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Cumberland, WI

I have been working at Ardisam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ardisam is a great company to work for! At Ardisam you are not just a number, everyone knows everyone's name and you work in a real environment. The people are as real (honest, hardworking, and down-to-earth) as they come all working in an industry that we are passionate about. I like that Ardisam tries to find people who are passionate about the industries that we make product in. We have a wide range of products that we design and in most positions you get to work with all of them, which keeps things different everyday throughout the seasons!

Pros:
    People: Awesome people to work with and for.
    Products: Wide variety of outdoor products that I use everyday
    Culture- Ardisam hires people who fit the culture
    Location- Head Quarters is set in the middle of God's Country
    Pay & Benefits- Great Pay and Competitive Benefits
    Advancement Opportunities- Been able to move positions internally quite rapidly with hard work and dedication.
    Fun- the whole company works hard, but knows how to have a fun environment
    Balance- Gives you a great balance between work and family!

Cons

Hard work- If you don't like to work hard, than this place is not for you!

Every career has cons, but I think Ardisam does a good job of selecting people that fit and are passionate about what they do, that there aren't too many employees that have a whole lot of negative to say about what they do, because they enjoy doing it. 99.9% of the time I love everything about my career at Ardisam and the good out weighs any of the bad.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jul 23, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Ardisam works hard to create a culture of people that love what they do... More

6. "Exciting Growth"

Current Employee - Parcel Shipping Coordinator
    Current Employee - Parcel Shipping Coordinator

I have been working at Ardisam full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Each year, I am seeing Ardisam grow more and more. There are opportunities that I hadn't imagined when I first started working here 5 years ago. Exciting changes and additions are happening, and I am seeing them as a continued trend.

People are fun to work with, and the teamwork is amazing.

Great Place to work!

Cons

Warehouses are stuffed to the max with more on the way. Makes daily duties challenging at times.

Sometimes employees outside of WHQ are forgotten about.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to suggestions for employees. They may not have the exact solution to things, but ideas can be expanded on.

Always handle issues when they arise, so they don't become bigger issues.

Jul 18, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. The need for more space is a very real topic and is being addressed with... More

7. "Engineering Librarian"

Current Employee - Engineering Librarian in Cumberland, WI
    Current Employee - Engineering Librarian in Cumberland, WI

I have been working at Ardisam full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly, down to earth, co-workers that to like to make a difference.

Cons

Not the best of working conditions, but building a new headquarters starting 2018!

Advice to Management

Still waiting for a break room.

Jul 18, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Good news, a new break room is in the plans for the new... More

8. "Great Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Cumberland, WI
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Cumberland, WI

I have been working at Ardisam full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company growth potential is staggering. Having the opportunity to be a big influence on what products move toward production is fun and gives me a sense of connection to the end consumer. Management will work with you to help ensure a good work/life balance.

Cons

There has been a lot of change over the past few years which is good. However the communication from management about overall strategies and goals is lacking. It is being worked on, but still lacking.

Advice to Management

Over communicate if need be. There is potential for career growth, but only if the employee recognizes position need. A little more help with an organization structure showing opportunities for advancement help people know what is available.

Jul 23, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Ardisam is continuously working on better ways to communicate our goals and... More

9. "An Employer that Keeps it REAL"

I have been working at Ardisam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong growing company with a fun culture. Ardisam is a company that is dedicated to it's roots and stays loyal in it's small 2,000 population community. Looking for a busy, challenging career....come to Ardisam. This company is real inside and out and is passionate about the products it designs and the people they employ. Ardisam lives the outdoor lifestyle and that shows in the products it makes. Pretty cool place to work in the heart of Northwest Wisconsin.

Cons

Multiple locations creates a lot gaps within the company. However, Ardisam is building a brand new HQ, which will bring the majority of the company under one roof!

Advice to Management

Ardisam give you the opportunity to create your advancement. You want advancement, you make it happen.

"Insides Sales Director"

I have been working at Ardisam full-time

Pros

Dynamic, fast-paced environment with dedicated, talented and genuine people.

Cons

Can be high-pressure at times.

Advice to Management

Never stop improving. Communicate the vision to everyone.