Ardisam Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2019

3.8
Ardisam CEO and President Michael Furseth (no image)
Michael Furseth

"Growth & Opportunity If YOU Want It"

5.0
    Current Employee - Product Line Manager

I have been working at Ardisam full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ardisam has grown and evolved tremendously in the 20 years I've been here. The path hasn't always been easy but the adaptability of this company to the ever changing world is very impressive. There is no shortage of opportunity and advancement if you're willing to work hard for it and produce results that matter. If you're not a hard worker who doesn't want to help solve problems then don't bother joining the team. The best thing about my job is every day is different. It's not the same set of tasks day in and day out. Depending on the time of year, I perform different things within the product developmet department. Things like benefits have improved, 401k match finally happened, Christmas party is great.

Cons

Stressful at times but most work environments are. I do believe if you're not stressed and have some pressure at times then you're probably not overly effective and just along for the ride. Successful people find ways to manage adversity and power through it.

July 23, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Ardisam works hard to create a culture of people who work hard, but also have the opportunity to play hard. Thank you again for your thoughtful review.

2. "Would love to see what's on the next rung of the ladder...."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Ardisam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very close to home with extremely friendly people who are down to earth and love the product they make.

Cons

I believe there is definitely some nepotism which is somewhat to be expected as this company was founded by one or two families and has grown from there. I hope there is room to grow even for non-family.

Ardisam2019-04-23
  3. "Great Company, Down to Earth People"

Current Employee - Sales in Cumberland, WI

I have been working at Ardisam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ardisam is a great company filled with fun, down to earth, hard working people. We love what we do and it shows. This is a job that you will enjoy waking up for each morning. The company continues to grow and strive, and rewards its employees for their hard work in making the company a success. There are many opportunities to advance if you are willing to put in the work.

Cons

Lots of turnover in the higher up positions. Executives are having to take on low-priority (to them) tasks to make up for unfilled positions.

Ardisam2019-03-15

"Big company. Doing big things. Close to home"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Cumberland, WI

I have been working at Ardisam full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being able to work so close to home is wonderful during the winter months. The company is constantly growing and coming up with new ideas. Everyone is friendly and helpful. They do go all out for employee parties such as Christmas and a summer picnic. CEO is always up front and honest with where we are at as a company weather we have money to spend or if hiring new people is becoming expensive.

Cons

Pay is very low for what customer service does, training for this position is very minimal and lacks the importance of the job.

Ardisam2019-02-12

February 15, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. All departments at Ardisam are significant and important, but no one quiet sits at the front lines with our customers like our Customer Service Agents. Ardisam is proud to have a CS team that is extremely knowledgeable of all our product lines and treats the customer with respect. Recognizing Customer Service's talents and hard work are something we will continue to promote. Thanks again for your review!

5. "Purchasing"

I have been working at Ardisam full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard working and community minded, both within the company and within the community. Strive to be competitive in the marketplace, as an employer. Great department manager. Besides the language, there is a positive atmosphere and outlook.

Cons

Pressure unbearable at times, trying to do too much with too few people. Difficult to balance work and life sometimes. Profane language frequently across the company. Sometimes the same battles are fought season after season and year after year.

Ardisam2018-07-30

July 31, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Ardisam continues to explore and improve on its supply chain management and overall staffing. We're constantly working towards improving our company structure. Thank you again for your thoughtful review.

6. "Parts & Warranty"

I have been working at Ardisam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company allows you to pursue your passions and gives you the building blocks to grow and achieve. The people are alway courteous and helpful and the work environment is always fun.

Cons

It is very fast-paced and this is a benefit for many, like myself, for others it can seem a little overwhelming. Seasonal product lines can cause extreme workloads at times and much slower at other. Management is always looking for ways to improve upon this.

Ardisam2018-07-26
  7. "Great Place to Work - Close to Home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, WI

I have been working at Ardisam full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ardisam has and instills core values second to none. If you don't believe in the values set by the company then it won't be a good fit for you. Challenging and Rewarding on a daily basis. Almost everyone gets along and resembles a tight knit family or group of friends.

Cons

As with any job, demands can be very high. Our products are seasonal and when seasons overlap it can be stressful, but what job isn't?

July 26, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Communication is very important, and Ardisam continues to work on improving it every day. We understand you concern and will address it. Thank you again for your thoughtful review.

8. "Great Company- Doing big things, in a small town"

5.0
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Cumberland, WI

I have been working at Ardisam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ardisam is a great company to work for! At Ardisam you are not just a number, everyone knows everyone's name and you work in a real environment. The people are as real (honest, hardworking, and down-to-earth) as they come all working in an industry that we are passionate about. I like that Ardisam tries to find people who are passionate about the industries that we make product in. We have a wide range of products that we design and in most positions you get to work with all of them, which keeps things different everyday throughout the seasons! Pros: People: Awesome people to work with and for. Products: Wide variety of outdoor products that I use everyday Culture- Ardisam hires people who fit the culture Location- Head Quarters is set in the middle of God's Country Pay & Benefits- Great Pay and Competitive Benefits Advancement Opportunities- Been able to move positions internally quite rapidly with hard work and dedication. Fun- the whole company works hard, but knows how to have a fun environment Balance- Gives you a great balance between work and family!

Cons

Hard work- If you don't like to work hard, than this place is not for you! Every career has cons, but I think Ardisam does a good job of selecting people that fit and are passionate about what they do, that there aren't too many employees that have a whole lot of negative to say about what they do, because they enjoy doing it. 99.9% of the time I love everything about my career at Ardisam and the good out weighs any of the bad.

Ardisam2018-07-20

July 23, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Ardisam works hard to create a culture of people that love what they do everyday. Thank you again for your thoughtful review.

9. "Exciting Growth"

Current Employee - Parcel Shipping Coordinator

I have been working at Ardisam full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Each year, I am seeing Ardisam grow more and more. There are opportunities that I hadn't imagined when I first started working here 5 years ago. Exciting changes and additions are happening, and I am seeing them as a continued trend. People are fun to work with, and the teamwork is amazing. Great Place to work!

Cons

Warehouses are stuffed to the max with more on the way. Makes daily duties challenging at times. Sometimes employees outside of WHQ are forgotten about.

Ardisam2018-07-17

July 18, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. The need for more space is a very real topic and is being addressed with the expansion of Plant 7 to house more inventory, and building a new headquarters. Thank you again for your thoughtful review.

10. "Great Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Cumberland, WI

I have been working at Ardisam full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company growth potential is staggering. Having the opportunity to be a big influence on what products move toward production is fun and gives me a sense of connection to the end consumer. Management will work with you to help ensure a good work/life balance.

Cons

There has been a lot of change over the past few years which is good. However the communication from management about overall strategies and goals is lacking. It is being worked on, but still lacking.

July 23, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Ardisam is continuously working on better ways to communicate our goals and corporate strategies now, and going forward. We understand that this may take time, but we are dedicated to creating a strategic and effective company culture. Thank you again for your thoughtful review.

Found 16 reviews