Cover image for Ardisam

90% Recommend to a Friend
91% Approve of CEO

Found 25 of over 26 reviews

3.8
Ardisam CEO and President Michael Furseth (no image)
Michael Furseth

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "People: Awesome people to work with and for.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company, and work environment

Oct 18, 2022 - Product Development Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome products and people that stand behind them! Not too big that your voice can't be heard within the company, but big enough in the outdoor product markets it serves that you can create real changes that others will follow!

Cons

Need to be a driver for your own change, and that can be an issue for some.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent Company, but you need to be "Part of the family" to really fit in

Feb 16, 2023 - Sales Manager in Cumberland, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is a very competent operator. Smart guy with a good ability to move from ideation to action. It is now an employee owned company which should give you a good path to a retirement plan if you can stick it out. Good middle management cadre. Engineering team is excellent. Cost of living in the local area is low compared to most places.

Cons

Executive leadership is a local cabal of interrelated family members with one or two outsiders with long term connections to the family members. That isn't that big of a deal, but it does sort of limit your upward mobility in the company. CEO literally despises sales people. The office culture favors micromanagement, and that is doubly so if you are not "Family." Pay rates (at least historically) are a little bit low... not tons low.

3. Join the Ardisam team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Great Growing Company with Opportunities to Advance

Oct 15, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in Cumberland, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ardisam is a great company in a small town with a very laid back atmosphere. The company is growing every day which means there’s always opportunity to advance if you work hard. Upper management encourages employees to take the bull by the horns and present new ideas. Company offers health, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, and a great PTO program, and most recently presented its employees with an ESOP program. There are always parties, picnics, potlucks, BBQ’s, etc going on where you are able to mingle with your co-workers and have a good time. All around great place to work and build a career.

Cons

Sometimes the not so great employees are not disciplined and are allowed to keep their jobs, which creates more work (and hostile work environments) for everyone else. This is probably due in part to the small town location and lack of options when it comes to hiring. Usually always works itself out in the end when those employees start to feel the pressure and eventually move on.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for your review of Ardisam! We appreciate each and every comment we receive from our employee base. Thank you for being a part of our team!

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

It's a great Company for a small town

Jul 16, 2021 - Insdie Sales Representative in Cumberland, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Receive discounts on products, we have an employee borrow program, Christmas party and company picnic . Working hours are great and the PTO offered is wonderful

Cons

Very hard to stay busy when it is not ice season.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Place to Work

Jul 19, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Cumberland, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits. Genuine people.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the company.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

learning experience

Apr 15, 2021 - Production Assembler in Cumberland, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

mostly positive work environment, fun

Cons

production can be very touch and go with having the proper parts

8. 2.0

Short term career move

Jan 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Product is fun to work on and with. Being a small company you can be quite involved with a product.

Cons

Zero leadership skills by upper management. Mostly driven by ego and who their friends are.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review of Ardisam. We are sorry to hear that your employment experience was less than satisfactory. Ardisam encourages feedback from all employees, current or former. Please feel free to contact HR with any questions, concerns, and/or feedback. Again, thank you for your feedback.

9. 4.0

Company

Jan 7, 2021 - Mechanical Engineer in Cumberland, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ardisam is a small company

Cons

Their is no cons I found with this company

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company- Doing big things, in a small town

Jul 20, 2018 - Key Account Manager in Cumberland, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ardisam is a great company to work for! At Ardisam you are not just a number, everyone knows everyone's name and you work in a real environment. The people are as real (honest, hardworking, and down-to-earth) as they come all working in an industry that we are passionate about. I like that Ardisam tries to find people who are passionate about the industries that we make product in. We have a wide range of products that we design and in most positions you get to work with all of them, which keeps things different everyday throughout the seasons! Pros: People: Awesome people to work with and for. Products: Wide variety of outdoor products that I use everyday Culture- Ardisam hires people who fit the culture Location- Head Quarters is set in the middle of God's Country Pay & Benefits- Great Pay and Competitive Benefits Advancement Opportunities- Been able to move positions internally quite rapidly with hard work and dedication. Fun- the whole company works hard, but knows how to have a fun environment Balance- Gives you a great balance between work and family!

Cons

Hard work- If you don't like to work hard, than this place is not for you! Every career has cons, but I think Ardisam does a good job of selecting people that fit and are passionate about what they do, that there aren't too many employees that have a whole lot of negative to say about what they do, because they enjoy doing it. 99.9% of the time I love everything about my career at Ardisam and the good out weighs any of the bad.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate each review from our Ardisam staff and welcome open and honest feedback. Ardisam works hard to create a culture of people that love what they do everyday. Thank you again for your thoughtful review.

11. 5.0

Great company, Great People

Nov 25, 2020 - Product Development Engineer in Cumberland, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment with an atmosphere that helps grow innovation.

Cons

I do not have any bad things to say. I love it here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews
</>Embed

Ardisam Reviews FAQs

Ardisam has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 26 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Ardisam to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ardisam employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ardisam. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

90% of Ardisam employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ardisam 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Ardisam to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Ardisam Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Ardisam? Share Your Experiences

Ardisam logo

Get Community Insights About Ardisam

Candid workplace conversations with real professionals.

Job Referrals!
164.8K

Job Referrals!

Best way to get your foot in the door with your favorite company! Plus employees won’t mind getting that referral money!

Interview Tips
162.1K

Interview Tips

Salary Negotiations
170K

Salary Negotiations

A community to ask questions and seek advice on negotiating your salary, compensation, etc.

Ardisam Careers

Cover image for Ardisam

Ardisam is an employee owned company comprised of self-reliant outdoor enthusiasts with a passion for hunting, fishing, and growing/raising...More

• Our History
  • Careers
  • Our Cumberland
  • Our Brands

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

391 days ago

Events
Ardisam's NEW Headquarters and Technology Center is open and we are excited to show it off! We welcome everyone to join us for our Open House celebration! Free food will be served, along with building tours, raffle prizes, product displays, items for sale, and so much more! Please bring your family and friends, and enjoy the afternoon with us!
Shared image - Ardisam's Public Open House
Ardisam's Public Open House
www.facebook.com

467 days ago

Company News
GREAT NEWS!! Cumberland, WI – Ardisam Inc, announced today that they have fully made the transition into their new Headquarters and Technology Center located in the Cumberland Industrial Park, adjacent to their distribution facility. The building was completed by Northwest Builders and is approximately 30,000 sq feet in office space with an additional 50,000 square feet for research and development. Adding the building to the campus began in late 2020 and took just over a year to complete. An open house is being planned for later in the spring, the event day is TBD.

Ardisam Photos

How to Negotiate Your Salary

A Guide to Negotiating the Salary You Deserve

How to Write a Resume

Write a Resume Recruiters Can't Resist

Glassdoor has 26 Ardisam reviews submitted anonymously by Ardisam employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Ardisam is right for you.