Ardor Health Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ardor Health Solutions Co-Founder & CEO Michael Lamia
Michael Lamia

Pros
  • Kim knows her job, hustles and gets the job done quickly and is very thorough (in 3 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company that cared so much for their employees (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees are leaving left and right (in 2 reviews)

• One time I had trouble finding work that I wanted in the area I wanted (in 2 reviews)

1. "Wish I never left there."

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Ardor Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes you don't appreciate what you have till it's gone...
    I have never worked for a company that cared so much for their employees. It was like a family there, I loved my coworkers and really liked working for the director and the VP. If you needed help, any coworker was willing to assist you. If you got a deal, your coworkers cheered for you rather than getting mad you got a sale and they didn't (like every other company I worked for). They always made it fun at work to where I actually wasn't dreading Monday morning after a weekend.

Cons

I found out new recruiters coming in were brought in at a higher salary (I actually have a ton of experience in sales) and they were given a commission guarantee for their first few months that I did not get. I get if I didn't have the experience that they had, but I did. Also, if an account manager decided they didn't like you it had an effect on your numbers because they will not push for your people, they will tend to push for the recruiters candidates that they like better. Once you get on an account managers bad side you are kind of screwed. A lot of changes were taken place with upper management that didn't seem good while it was happening. At the time it didn't look good but I heard it has actually been for the better. Left for a better opportunity (so I thought) and it made me wish I never left in the end. I was up in the air about leaving but a different glass door review was made where the company was blasted by someone else. My last week, 2 of the recruiters (who are very rude and ignorant to new people) proceeded to point their fingers at me and told everyone they know for a "fact" it wasn't me. It wasn't. They sat on the floor talking about me and saying untrue stuff and to me, that was my breaking point. In the end, B and A were the final reason I left. I don't want to work in a high school where there were cliques and false info being spread.

Advice to Management

Be more open with your recruiters, try not to show favoritism. I think the biggest issue is who is friends with who and who gets top priority over whom. Other than the few bad things... wish I truly never I left. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener, despite what you may think.

2. "Healthcare Recruiter"

Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ardor Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Taking a position as a Healthcare recruiter with Ardor Health solutions has been the best thing I have done for my career. I have been a recruiter for 5 years and I have never worked for a Company that truly cares about their employees and will bend their backs to make sure you are happy the way Ardor does. The opportunity for growth is very much here and your hard work does not go unnoticed. There will never be a perfect company and some people either make the cut or don't but there IS a SOLID foundation with Owners who truly care about your success with Ardor and it is more of a family atmosphere more than anything.

Cons

I would say the initial training is quite extensive when you first get hired but there's a reason for it! They want to make sure you are prepared and can run on your own once you learn the process and it has definitely worked for me!

"Dynamic company with lots of growth opportunity."

Former Employee - Divisional Leadership in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Divisional Leadership in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Ardor Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Owners are kind, compassionate, and sincerely care for their employees. Ardor means heart and the owners have definitely lived up to its name. Ardor ranks top or has a solid foothold on Allied Healthcare Staffing market space. This company will continue to grow and has a bright future. Ardor's top sales producers are tenured. Ardor's strategic direction is solid and will for sure bring more growth.

Cons

With growth there are definitely room for improvements. Potentially, a better change management strategies. Additionally, focus on integration of new ideas, innovation, and hired experience blending in with the current political landscape. Tap into different perspectives or fresh ideas. Objectivity in evaluating feedback or secure all sides of a situation prior to a decision. Motives and agendas may be best identified through this methodology. Definitely infuse Ardor with new talent and hire experienced personnel.

Advice to Management

Ardor has talented team members. Nurture them as the company continues to achieve success. Ardor's future needs to be a balance of the old and the new. Adapt to relevant business practices. I'm absolutely a big fan. Thank you to the owners for showing heart and compassion. Cheers to Ardor for more success!

5. "Awesome place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Ardor Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like to work here for many reasons. One of them is the people. I feel we have a good group of people that work really well together and even manage to have a little fun. I like getting up in the morning and coming here. It doesn’t feel like a JOB because I enjoy and take pride in what I do. I love when I can contribute and feel like I make a difference. We work in a beautiful office, we have good pay, benefits, great hours, a management team that cares and works with you when you are going through issues (work or personal). What more can you ask for? I don’t know! My Manager is probably one of the best Managers I have ever worked for. He is helpful, kind and gives me positive advice when I need it. I feel like he trusts me to do my job and that makes me feel good and makes me want to be even more productive.

Cons

Honestly, it's hard for me to come up with any. I know it seems odd, but it's true.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! You genuinely care about the employees and are there to give advice on how to help us succeed and be better. You can always go to management about anything. The stand ups/meetings are encouraging and motivating.

"WARNING! Stay away from Ardor!"

Current Employee - Staff in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Staff in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Ardor Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Ardor pays weekly, nice office space, good cubicles, decent location in Coral Springs. Ardor's Christmas party is the year's highlight but be prepared to spend a lot of money to go to their formal event.

Cons

This review is not out of bitterness. It is a warning so you do not fall into a trap!

I am a current employee who is looking to get out. This is a warning for others.

DO NOT come to this company! Super Shady VP and Managers! Worst management ever! This is one cluster f of a company!

Management is all about favoritism. They manage by if you are on the wrong side. If you're shady and good at kissing the behind of the VP or her managers then you have a future here. This is the most unprofessional company I've worked for. The VP is manipulative and says damaging things about employees in public areas with another manager thinking no one hears. We hear you and shame on you! What kind of an example are you. Stop gossiping! The person you're talking about knows what you said. VP and her managers are managing by intimidation. Morale is so bad people fake a clap or smile during our useless stand up meeting. Everyone is afraid to cross the VP or one of her managers. If you do you will be written up and eventually lose your job. She will will find a reason. They even watch our instant messaging and email. Employees are leaving left and right. Check this out, even the whole HR department quit! They make new employees work hard on leads only to give it to their favorite Recruiters. Unfair practice! It is hard to leave the the company when you are collecting commission from working therapists. It takes time to build up your therapists. There are more employees looking to leave! The VP and her managers micromanage dials and uses tactics of intimidation instead of training. Are you even qualified to manage people? They watch our time down to a few minutes but expects us to work extra hours. Then you see the VP and her managers are first out the door. On the dot! DO NOT come to Ardor unless you're desperate! Terrible place to be!

PS Health insurance is very expensive!

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your VP or Management team!

Ardor is a sinking ship. There is a reason why you can't hire people. Ardor has a very bad reputation. You are probably busy to find out who wrote this so I can get fired instead of fixing the issue. Thanks to Glassdoor's review process others can be warned.

Feb 1, 2017

Hi there, we are very sorry that you're not happy working at Ardor Health. It's our goal to try to make the workplace as enjoyable and enriching for each and every person. Unfortunately, it seems at ... More

7. "Ardor: A great company who cares about you!"

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Ardor Health Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

They always come through with what they promise and they understand the situation you face as a traveler. they are always supportive and helpful any time of the day!

Cons

Need more contracts for us to choose from.

Advice to Management

Would be great to highlight travelers or let us send in stories from the road in a company wide email or facebook page. maybe a database of housing for travelers where other travelers have stayed to make it easier for us to find housing.

Nov 28, 2016

Thank you so very much for the kind words! We always work hard to put the traveler first because we know it can be a challenging yet rewarding experience traveling the country. Also, thank you for ... More

"Small company with more drama than highschool"

Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Ardor Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Pay is decent, job is extremely simple, you don't have to take your work home with you, the incentives (when you actually get them) are decent, and the atmosphere is upbeat.

Cons

Favoritism is bad in this company. Recruiters who've been around for a while are treated like gods while new employees are expected to bend over backwards for them -- even when the senior recruiters are actually wrong. The nepotism is incredible with this company -- just look at the Tampa office. You have no room for creativity in this job, and when you try to be creative your coworkers complain. It's tedious and repetitive. There's very little training.

Advice to Management

Give your employees some freedom + flexibility. Won't bend over backwards for your top recruiters every single time. Treat your employees like equals, not like children.

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback. We're glad you enjoy the atmosphere and incentives that Ardor Health works hard to provide for its employees every single day. However, we're sorry that you feel ... More

9. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Coral Springs, FL

Pros

Ardor Health's Executive and Management team truly take pride in their jobs and their employees. They have an open door policy which encourages us to address concerns, give and take advice, or just stop in to say hello. It is a family run company and the owners truly care for their employees as though they are part of the family and show how much they care by putting an emphasis on employee engagement and work-life-balance. Competition is an essential part of any sales/recruiting job but here it is always fun and friendly. The Recruiters and Marketers assist each other in any way that they can to get the job done effectively and efficiently. The veteran employees voluntarily and patiently help in the training of new employees and are always there to lend a helping hand and answer questions when needed. I have never worked for a company that has such a positive energy! I truly feel exceptionally lucky to be able to work for such a great company!

Cons

Driving on the Sawgrass to get to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Sep 30, 2015 – Ambassador Team Lead

Thank you so much for this amazing feedback. We only want the best for our employees and to make our atmosphere here at Ardor one of the best places to work. You are truly appreciated :)

"Disrespectful to employees"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Miami, FL

Pros

Initial compensation package was appropriate.

Cons

At the end of each contract, II was told that would have to take pay cuts despite fact that rate paid to them remained the same. In discussions by telephone, I was treated disrepectfully and ultimately, went to work for the district.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and be honest.

Sep 23, 2015 – Ambassador Team Lead

I do apologize again for your bad experience with our company so much that you had to write a second review. In my last response back, I discussed that Ardor prides itself on the best competitive ... More

"Receptionist"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Ardor Health Solutions full-time

Pros

The company is very generous with the benefits package, pay and employee incentives. The team gets along well and is very fun!

Cons

I truly have nothing negative to say.