Argento SC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Jackie Scaba

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing company to work for with growth opportunities!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Argento SC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Argento SC is a very fast paced work environment. What you put into this position is what you will get. I worked for the company for three years and i was promoted within two, which was very rewarding. I had the opportunity of traveling and being a part of trade shows all over the US. If you put in the time and hard work you will be rewarded. I learned so much over past three years not only from the CEO and VP, but from all of my co workers. I will be forever grateful.

The work environment is great. Everyone gets along and is eager to help one another out. The only reason I left the company is because i lived 2.5 hours away. If distance wasn't an issue i would still be with the company. I had a great relationship with the CEO and VP. They are great people who will go out of their way to help you with anything you may need…work related or personal. They are there for you! Everyone has a voice in this company. Managers encourage employees for their opinions and feedback.

There is a company team building outing every summer and a holiday party every December, which were both a lot of fun. I highly recommend going! We were given off not only all of the national holidays but Jewish holidays as well (every year is different with what days are given off per the Jewish calendar). The company lets out early on Fridays from October-February (the time depends on sundown.) The earliest we ever left was 3 hours (not 30mins as stated in another review). All employees are treated equally and given the same time off. If you are there 1-3 years you get 1 week vacation. If you are there 3+ years you get 2 weeks vacation. You are also given 5 sick days.

As I scroll down and read all of the reviews it pains me to see what horrible things people are saying about this company. Just because a few people had a bad experience and are exaggerating the truth doesn't mean the company is a "horrible" place to work!!

Cons

Every start up company has its ups and downs, but they are learning as they go!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. It was a sincere pleasure working for you!

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Logistics in New York, NY

Pros

Pros?? I don't really know.

Cons

Everything..co-workers, organization, no benefits, no potential growth

Advice to Management

Give appropriate trainings, more organized,

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Logistics in New York, NY

I worked at Argento SC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm OUT and never going back.

Cons

I can't rate it zero stars for this horrible place. Surprised the department of labor hasn't shut down the place the way they treat their employees especially the ones who has children

Argento SC Response

May 18, 2016 – VP

Dear Anonymous,
    Please express your concern to your manager, i cannot imagine the company is not sensitive to employees with children or what your real concerns are.

"OMG it was HELL!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Argento SC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got nothing good to say.... nope can't think of ONE thing.

Cons

1. Upper management is unprofessional. If you ask them a question, you will get sarcasm and condescending comments. They make sure they overworked you and demand unrealistic deadlines. There is no work/life balance over there. And for the employee who reviewed about receiving massages from "warm, understanding manager(s), psst - it's not appropriate and it might be considered as borderline sexual harassment.

2. The "free" food the company provides for their employees are actually scrapes from client meetings.

3. They do have organized company outings twice a year BUT it's mandatory to attend. God forbid if you have a family matter you need to tend to.

4. All employees are clocked in and out by face recognition and upper management does check weekly for attendance including tardiness.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees right. It was a reason why slavery was abolished 150 years ago. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,"

5. "OMG like heaven!"

Current Employee - Product Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Argento SC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Using the latest, greatest office equipment and software. Software is always up to date with the most powerful computers. Even the chairs are the expensive ergonomic kind.

Friendly, warm understanding management who will massage your shoulders. Just thinking about his strong, loving hands... oh I better stop.

Large bonuses in addition to great pay!!!

Sushi Thursdays and Bagel Mondays!!! They actually treat us to the freshest gourmet bagels and lox on Monday mornings with fair-trade coffee, of course. Thursdays? The BEST sushi for lunch!!! The sushi chef comes in and prepares for us. Sometimes we get sake too!

I LOVE working here. In fact I can't wait till tomorrow!!!

Cons

Sometimes you have to stay late... the horror!

Advice to Management

I can't get enough of you guys... love you!!!

6. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer (Senior Designer) in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer (Senior Designer) in New York, NY

I have been working at Argento SC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment with smart, motivated employees. Great executive team and awesome CEO. Really feels like we are building an important service.

Cons

Start up growing pains at times. Lots of new people to onboard while trying to go after new opportunities.

Advice to Management

keep it up

"Can't believe this company is not sued yet"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY

Pros

you learned a valuable lesson of the evil side of the real world

Cons

1. minor sexual harassment
    2.language abuse: the f word, c word, anything you can think of that is so not appropriate for anyone in any environment.
    3.sexism. : I was asked to get out of the office and a pack of cigarette for the boss because I am the youngest woman in the office...the employers and their father still thinks this is the 50s.)
    4. racism: one of the ceo announced loudly that all Chinese (referring to the factory they worked with) are like monkey and we (as american) has to train them, while they are many asian and Chinese employees in our office.

Advice to Management

don't be a jerk.
    also stop forcing your employees to create fake positive review.

"Terrible"

Pros

My co-workers were very nice, they made work bearable. Although the turn over rate is very high.

Cons

This office is like office space, with obnoxious music blaring all day. The only break you get is when the management calls your name over the intercom so they can have you do some meaningless task.

You are stuck in a cubical all day

"dreadful place to work at"

Pros

i wish i had one

Cons

dreadful and horrendous place to work at. still working there say the least..

Advice to Management

fire yourselves and put new people in

10. "Best company ever"

I have been working at Argento SC full-time

Pros

This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The owners are amazing human beings. This opportunity will change your life. All the negative reviews are fake.

Cons

None, there are absolutely no cons. I've worked for several years at a variety of companies and never experienced a place so good.

Advice to Management

good luck in the future