Argo, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Argo, Inc Reviews

1.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "The best experience in my career!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Argo, Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Where do I begin?....For me Argo provided me an opportunity to mature and expand my professional career, earn a good living and travel to places I never thought I would go....This space does not provide enough room for me to go into details on the impact Argo had on me professionally and personally.

Cons

Since it's been years since I last worked for Argo my opinion would not be relevant or current...at the time my only concern was the company was not growing it's practice into other industries with new tools and approaches.

Advice to Management

Be bold!

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Argo, Inc (More than a year)

Pros

Some coworkers are intelligent and friendly. The annual meeting invites family but keeps moving to less and less nice places.

Cons

This work environment is anti-employee and pro VP or above. The turnover is constant. Teams are disorganized and the leaders seem clueless. Always having a "post-mortem" on why the deployment went horribly wrong. VPs are constantly back stabbing to get credit for what others have done and undercut others. No sense of team whatsoever.

They offer a commoditized product (Kaizen events) and forget about being innovative. New ideas are simply ignored. I wish I would have read some of the reviews before taking this position. I am actively looking for a more rewarding and less punishing job and leaders.

This place is a dump.

Advice to Management

This would be a waste of time. Any advice or ideas are squashed unless it comes from upper management. And they would only have them is they stole them from an employee and took credit.

"Sr. Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the consultants are nice and have talent. Consultants are actively assisting each other to find work outside of company.

Cons

VP's are completely clueless and lie on a regular basis to hide their incompetence.
    President is a dictator that sits in his office and cares about nobody but himself. Chicago employees are required to come to office daily even if they have no work to do. Office is less lively than a morgue. Only accept offer if you need job, but continue to look.

Advice to Management

Better listen to your employees or you will not be in business in the near future.

"Consulting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time

Pros

They have a few intelligent people.

Cons

The CEO does not respect any of his employees. He is not a leader and he does not follow through. He is also paranoid. The only people making money here are the guys at the top. They also take credit for everyone's hard work.

Advice to Management

Change.

"Stay Away"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

A company paid trip every year.

Cons

This companies ability to promote leaders who reflect the dictatorial leadership of the ownership is almost pathological. We were asked to fill out a survey which ranks consulting groups in a magazine as the best consulting companies to work for, and then given the answers the management wanted us to give for each answer. The previous years employee's survey highest mark issue was that we all thought the company was unethical. The way management addressed the issue was by having the leadership stand in front of the group and asked us to give examples of managements unethical behavior, then put up a slide with the Webster's dictionary definition of unethical. Absolutely laughable from an organization that is supposed to have the ability to help other companies. PS - The one positive review was written by Human Resources.

Advice to Management

Any advice I might add would fall on deaf ears.

"Could be a great company if only it was not run by a one-man dictatorship"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Argo, Inc full-time

Pros

You have the opportunity to work with really great co-workers who you can learn a lot from. The projects are fun and challenging, which means long hours, but there is satisfaction in being able to implement change and achieve success.

Cons

The company is run by the whims of the CEO who has no ability to manage people. Turnover is high. Good work is not recognized at all, and there is no such thing as constructive criticism, only berating and put-downs.

Advice to Management

If you want to grow the company, then the CEO needs to recognize his strengths and weaknesses and step aside for someone else to run the company while he continues on in sales.

"OK place to work, but not if you're an innovative thinker."

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

Pros

Family-type atmosphere, especially if you're one of the "insiders".

Cons

Low-end consulting work. Firm is basically a one-trick pony -- they only know how to do kaizens, and therefore think that's the answer to every situation. Dogmatic approach to consulting doesn't allow for creativity or strategic thinking. Low pay scale compared to other firms of this type.

Advice to Management

Kaizen is not the magic bullet for every problem. Need to expand your capabilities if you want the firm to grow. The market is full of kaizen firms, so you need to grow out of that method.

9. "President"

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time

Pros

People interaction and challenging work

Cons

travel and limited control on assignments deployed to

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward in the effort to receive input from all employees

"Terrible Leadership"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Argo, Inc full-time

Pros

There are a few good people to learn from and work with and the end of year company meeting is nice.

Cons

Unethical upper management with highly discriminatory practices led proudly by a delusional CEO who hired his wife as the VP of human resources.

Advice to Management

Management would never listen to anything anyone says as they are the only ones who are right, ever.

"No leadership here!"

Pros

Many nice people work here

Cons

No area of the company is run well. The only 'strategy' is to do kaizens

Advice to Management

If the CEO wants to grow the company, he must leave the job for someone who is equipped to lead and develop strategy.