Argo, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Intelligent and experienced people who do excellent work. Interesting projects. Great place to grow in your career. Benefits are great. Generous vacation and work/life balance.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

2. "Make a difference"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Argo is very focused and specialized in operations excellence. Within that focus, it really makes a difference to clients project after project. Measurement of success are real operational and financial benefits, and a sustainable process change that sticks after the consultants leave

Cons

Consulting means a lot of traveling. Argo does its best to balance work-life, but at moments it is not easy

3. "Best Kept Secret"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Argo, Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career growth, recognition, flexible scheduling, salary above industry average.

Cons

100% Travel however that is the nature of the business.

4. "I have been with Argo for 3 years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Argo is a small global company making step changes in their revenue year over year.

The CEO is a very committed professional, continuously seeking better ways to improve his business through all his employees. He is demanding but in the right manner. He will teach any employee anything, all they have to do is be willing and listen. The senior leadership is extremely knowledgeable and offer a diverse business portfolio of knowledge and experiences to all clients.

In the past 3 years, I’ve had the opportunity to broaden my overall professional skills and industrial exposure. What is most exciting is Argo promotes continuous training and hands-on approach dependent on a self-sufficient work environment; rewarding top performers.

We are a “boots on the ground” type of consulting firm. We look, learn, and listen to our clients to identify their top opportunities. We collectively define/create short and long-term corrective actions plans and execute with a relentless commitment.

All the Argonauts I have worked with have been willing to share and teach their level of expertise to me. No one works with pride or ego.

I look forward to continuing to learn and to grow with Argo.

Cons

Like most consulting firms, the biggest challenge is the travel, week after week. I realize this is part of my job, therefore, I create the right mindset to deal with it.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek the right talent which is adaptable, who has the right approach, and sincerely can proof they have years of leadership change...and most importantly, all new requits need to know, no matter what level of leadership they were brought in as, they need to realize, Argo expects all us to be multi-task oriented and willing to do whatever needs to be done

5. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some amazing and challenging assignments at very great locations. Working for Argo has been one of my greatest experience. My CEO has giving me opportunities to grow, great coaching, and presses me constantly to offer our clients the best service possible.

Cons

Meeting great talent that are not up for the challenge. I train most of the new recruits. Many times they are not willing to work hard and are looking for short cuts. The con is we are not able to transform everyone.

Advice to Management

Spend time at the projects listening to the client and getting to know better the consultants and what are some constraints and obstacles. In my keep doing what you do I have met in my CEO, the best boss, and friend in over 30 years of consulting.

6. "Director"

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A solid customer focused consulting firm. Great focus on superior execution, employee development and driving value for the customer. Great feedback from customers. Great team atmosphere.

Cons

Keeping up with growth will be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire best in class people with great experience.

7. "A Great Company To Work For!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Argo is a small, growing global consulting firm that specializes in lean transformations for a wide variety companies in industries throughout the globe. I came to Argo approximately 2-1/2 years ago after a great 25+ year career having worked in a variety a roles in a number of different facilities, within the automotive, defense, & aerospace industries. During my Argo tenure, I’ve had the opportunity to expand the range of my industry expertise having worked on client engagements with 2 large companies in the oil & gas and rail industries. In the near future, there may be an opportunity to lead an airline industry project further broadening the range of my industry knowledge and expertise. The assignments have been diverse and challenging allowing me to not only use the lean skills honed over years of practical implementation experience, but also grow and develop by adding new skills to my toolbox while creating great solutions for each client.

The leadership team has been great to work for as they are accomplished and knowledgeable with backgrounds that hail from a number of different industries. They provide the direction and guidance needed without micro-managing every minute detail of the projects being worked on. In addition, I truly feel that they respect the knowledge, skills, and experience that I bring to the table as evidenced by some of the meetings in which I’ve participated. On several occasions, I’ve been in meetings with Argo’s President, Senior VP’s, and VP’s in which we were discussing and/or presenting information to senior level client representatives. In each of these settings, my thoughts, opinions, and positions on the discussion topics were valued and supported by the Argo leadership team. Similarly, in strategy sessions when only Argo team members are present, we all have a voice and are encouraged to present our thoughts and positions making these truly collaborative efforts to develop the best solutions for the client. The CEO is an excellent leader who is guiding the company through the steps needed to grow and evolve to the next level. He has even reached out directly to me in order to get my input and thoughts on various topics from time to time which I really appreciate. Although I feel that I’ve been blessed to have had such a great, diverse, and fulfilling career up to this point, joining Argo is by far the best career move that I’ve made.

They offer a full medical benefits package and have a paid time off policy that includes vacation, holidays, personal, and sick days. The compensation is good and includes matching 401K and bonus opportunities. Personal and professional growth is encouraged as outside training is made available for those who want to take advantage of it. I just recently returned from an excellent course at MIT on Dynamic Work Design which I can utilize with existing and future clients. In addition, there are other training opportunities available via an online learning management portal covering topics such as interpersonal communication, analytical and technical skills, industry specific information, as well as other personal development categories. There are weekly company conference calls to provide brief updates on different projects which is a good tool to help everyone stay abreast of the progress being made on client engagements outside of their individual projects. In addition, there are in person meetings typically twice per year for all employees to attend which helps to build camaraderie among team members.

Cons

The hardest part of the job is the travel. In this business, you are pretty much a "road warrior", travelling full time Sunday through Thursday or Monday Through Friday.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage feedback and communication from your team members. Also explore the possibility of adding 1 additional in person meeting yearly to further cultivate and enhance the Argo culture.

8. "Sr Consultant"

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Argo is a small implementation consulting firm where you get to work directly for the Sr VPs (Partners) and get great visibility and very interesting assignments. I joined the firm three years ago and had already four salary increases and two promotions. If you work hard, think quickly on your feet, and don't get stressed easily, this is a great place to work.

The assignments are challenging but very rewarding. My co-workers are really experienced and team work is great. One of the thinks I like about Argo is their bonus system. It's not based on selling more works like in most consulting firms, but rather on the quality of the work we deliver to the client and on company wide metrics.

Since I joined Argo we have grown at double digit numbers every year. So far I have worked in the Rail, Supply Chain, and Private Equity practices with three different VPs. All truly experienced and with impressive backgrounds.

Cons

Like most consulting jobs, we travel 70% of the time, which makes having a good work-life balance harder than on a regular office job.

Advice to Management

Keep ding what you are doing because it's obviously working!

9. "A good place to work with talented colleagues and challenging projects"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Argo, Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm working with very talented and dedicated colleagues on challenging projects. Argo has many experienced experts and you can learn a lot from your colleagues. Argo has a very diverse culture and is easy to fit in. Management team makes effort to listen to employees and willing to provide opportunities that the employee is seeking to have.

Cons

It's the nature of the work but it does require a lot of travel.

Advice to Management

Can have more internal projects.

10. "Argonaut"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Argo, Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Remarkable employees at all levels. Exciting projects. Results Results Results! focused.

Cons

No cons to consider at this moment.

Advice to Management

Continue journey to OneArgo.