KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 4 of over 4 reviews

2.6
Argosy Collegiate Charter School Founder and Executive Director Kristen Pavao
Kristen Pavao

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it!

Oct 5, 2020 - Assistant Executive Director in Fall River, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

So great to be part of a collaborative, supportive staff. Even during COVID19, all decisions have been made with the best interest of keeping the community safe.

Cons

Lots of shared spaces, but this should be much better once the high school extension is opened in February of 2021.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic work environment. Bad for both students and teachers

Aug 10, 2020 - Lead Teacher At the Middle School in Fall River, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The students are so hardworking. I’ve also heard some good things about the argosy’s high school and the quality attention students get there. Test scores don’t seem to indicate that, but the high school staff seem a lot more reasonable than the middle school.

Cons

There is an air of hostility, the most rapid employee turnover I have ever seen, and an unbelievable amount of micromanaging and communication expected at home. I would get emails, calls, and texts from leadership and coworkers about new tasks to do at such unreasonable times, from as late as 2 in the morning to as early as 4 in the morning. I was working all the time and getting very little sleep. It was an extremely toxic work environment and tasks were so often repetitive and meaningless. No room for creativity and things made very little sense. Culture of “work harder, not smarter”. I know many other teachers who have also quit and every single one of them is so grateful they did. If you are a parent deciding whether to send your kids here or the public school, absolutely choose the public school. Argosy is so desperate to hire that they hire teachers who have been fired for misconduct and your children won’t get the opportunities here for activities, clubs, sports, or friendship, that they will get at the public school.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Business first students last

Nov 14, 2019 - ELA Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

The students are incredibly motivated to do well and learn as much as they can in spite of being micromanaged.

Cons

This school fired half of a team in one day then threatened to fire the remaining teachers at a meeting that was called as teachers were on their way out of the building. There is no support for professional development. There are no substitute teachers. Teachers are required to cover other classes, sometimes indefinitely, with no promise of compensation or gratitude from administration. This is not a school where teachers efforts are rewarded. In my own class I had several students with severe emotional impairments who received inadequate support from the school. I worked closely with those students and their families in order to help them make significant gains throughout the school year. I continually reached out for feedback and support and was consistently told I was doing fine until May when they let me know that my contract would not be renewed.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Argosy Collegiate

Mar 12, 2018 - Lead Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive staff work environments Behavior support

Cons

Terrible coverage for teacher absence Not enough feedback from admin Rarely observed in the classroom

2 people found this review helpful