Argus Information & Advisory Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

1.0
Nana Banerjee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I think you get to learn a lot about the credit card industry and the fast paced environment is definitely challenging (in 17 reviews)

• You have the chance to learn a lot about the banking industry (if that is your aim you can do it here) (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The concept of work/life balance absolutely does not exist here (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours and tight deadlines needed to keep the clients happy/engaged (in 22 reviews)

1. "Worst to work as a contractor"

Current Contractor - Developer in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

What to say?? Nothing will be in favour for contractors. Remember if you want you life to be very stressful, if you dont need encouragement, if you dont want a good work culture you can definitely join here.

Cons

Everything comes here. Lot of cons. First thing, contractors are treated as animals. Very odd timings. I feel ashamed to work here in such dubious hours. 9:30 to 7:30..... They give you work after office hours and asks to ocmplete in hour. whatever your situation is you have to work. No one talks to contractors, even own teammates doesnt care you. Its such a discouraging company where you dont get any appraisals. Especially the team I am working is the most worst one ever you can find in whole IT industry. They dont talk to you, they dont care, you need to work more than extra long hours and remember you will not be paid for that. There is no personal life if you join here. All you need is only work. Employees can leave at any time but not contractors. And moreover, the feeling of north India. You will find alot here.

Advice to Management

Please do something good for the company by gving some free time to conractors too. We are humans too we have personal lifes too. Who will be working all day in office? if there is something urgent for a day or 2 thats fine. But everyday this is being repeated. Advice to all the managers to give a time for our personal ifes too. We cannot work until 8:00 everyday. "CONTRACTORS ARE NOT PUPPETS".

"I know exactly why you, you and you are still here"

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time

Pros

Easy to shape yourself to a workhorse;
    Free breakfast on Friday;
    So easy to play games as middle and upper managers are so unprofessional and most of your colleges who doing the work are fresh graduates.

Cons

- Lack of training, or skill development, or any kind of career growth. (they don't care as easily they can ship someone from Bangalore to replace you)
    - Internationally too few resources to take on too many projects (that's no secret as senior management is completely focused on selling new projects and care about their bonus numbers only). the small and shrinking employee base is forced to take on increasingly extreme workloads.
    - High turnover at all level of the organization. (within the last 3 months, even the CIO and another C level founder left the company)
    - no respect for employees or U.S. labor system. Managers will harass you on weekends, bank holidays, and personal vacation days.
    - Methodology and technology are so primitive and outdated (I Do Not Care literally as long as revenue can be recognized this year, you go and get it done.)
    - - The lists can go on and on and on.... but if you are an Indian or Chinese foreign student who just want to prolong your legal presence in the country, my apologies for wasting your time.

Advice to Management

Upper and middle management: you might be able to barely keep up with your current bonus in your pocket, but it won't last long as this model is not sustainable. 3, 5 years down the road, see what's the bonus number in your pocket !!!

And I am writing as if I still care about this place.

"Intern"

Pros

Nothing,absolutely nothing.Join only if you have nothing at all. I would suggest if you have an on-campus,stick to that and keep applying for better options.After joining you wouldnt have time to even apply.

Cons

Manager doesnt pay attention, supervisors havenot worked at a better place so they dont know what work life balance is all about.If I were you,I would rather sit at home,study and apply to better firms than intern here.commute is way too long and no one seems to be a bit considerate about that.I have usually been assigned work mostly at times I am calling off the day and expected to stay back.If you propose to do it the next day you are reminded that you came 5 mins late .I started of this internship with a lot of enthusiasm but am Very disappointed! Havenot been given any idea of the project yet.Being an intern i already know this is not a right place to start your career.

Advice to Management

If you didnot do anything after so many bad reviews , I am not going to waste my advice here.

"Work here ONLY if you have absolutely no other option! Awful place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits. Breakfast on Fridays. Most colleagues are helpful.

Cons

Projects are repetitive and you'll learn nothing new after about 8-9 months into the job. Extremely long hours almost on a daily basis especially for the analysts and senior analysts. Respect for an employee's life after work - ZERO!! The concept of work/life balance absolutely does not exist here. You can see lots of employees quitting after a year or two of working here. The employee attrition rate is so high that an entire section is dedicated to it during every quarterly town hall. The CEO is well aware of this issue but all he could say during one such town hall is "we cannot change the fact that we are a client focused company and we have to do whatever it takes to make the client happy". So basically nobody cares if the employees are unhappy with their work schedules and quit as a result. The pay is too low for the amount of work that the analysts are expected to do. Raises and bonuses aren't high either. Highly unrealistic deadlines when employees are assigned multiple projects. Employee events are organized every now and then but nobody except the senior management will have time to go to those because they have a ton of work with strict deadlines.

Just listing out the cons are making me stressful!! Every negative review on Glassdoor is 100% true! You probably won't think so 2-3 months into the job but later on you'll wish you'd paid heed to the warnings here.

The hardworking international employees are the ones who usually suffer the most here since they can't easily quit/switch employers due to their work visa situation. All they can do is grit their teeth and wait until they are free to find a new employer. My advice to them would be to totally avoid this place unless they're taking up a position at the Senior Manager level or above.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge how bad your technology is. Either fix that or set deadlines taking that into account. Stop asking your employees to work more than 9 hours everyday and continue working into the weekend. You're only making them want to run away from this place soon as they can. Like so many reviewers have mentioned, it is better to retain employees than wasting time every so often finding replacements and training them. It only adds to the already high pressure on existing employees when they have to take on projects of people who leave.

"Long hours"

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team but lots of work and politics. Be careful on what you are going after. Nice office in white plains

Cons

Extreme long hours, so work life balance is not possible at all. Very low pay for the work that you do.

"Senior Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friday Breakfasts, good team members

Cons

Long Hours for low salary

"not worth the effort"

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time

Pros

Nothing, employees here are seriously underpaid

Cons

Expect you to work 14-18 hours a day
    No personal and professional development

"Disaster"

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are reading this review. If you are a prospective employee, this tells you exactly why not to work here. That's the only pro.

Cons

Its a never ending list however I will try to keep it short. Instead of helping you overcome your weaknesses, managers will keep a track of everything you did wrong and make you feel terrible. There are apparently no training programs to help college grads transition into managers. This makes them too stressed about simplest things and tend to micro manage. The management treats employees like trash scum. These employees become managers in a few years and follow into the footsteps of their seniors. This has caused layers and layers of poor managers and the attitude change is almost irreversible. After 6 months, you keep doing the same stuff over and over again and again. Your career goes into a never ending for loop until you find a new job and quit. Once out you feel like you are finally free from Guantanamo of your career.

Advice to Management

The management doesn't care.

"Associate"

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think you get to learn a lot about the credit card industry and the fast paced environment is definitely challenging. There is a lot of learn early on.

Cons

The biggest Concern in my view is the management. There are groups within the teams and divide is pretty evident. People support each other because they have been friends in college and talk about every other team member. Managers are untrained to handle pressure from bosses and they change managers without asking the employee. The expectations are not set. if you want to change your team they will hang you in the air saying I support you and in the hindsight tell bosses that this employee is not interested in doing work. The managers are waiting to behind the back of higher ups to do whatever they feel like doing and not tell anyone about it. Performance reviews are a joke and Bonuses they give are not upto the industry standards. The ugliest thing about this company is that if you do 1 small thing wrong and 100 things right they won't care how much you have done. It's that mistake they will remember and blame you.The culture of the company is very biased in that way.

Advice to Management

I would say recruit good people and take care of them. Team structure should be more flat and give more voice to employees and not their managers.

"Associate"

Pros

Take it if you dont have any other option,

Cons

its a staffing company in disguise of a Consulting firm