Argus Information & Advisory Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Argus Information & Advisory Services Reviews

Updated February 13, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good exposure to data analysis and the credit card industry (in 15 reviews)

• You have the chance to learn a lot about the banking industry (if that is your aim you can do it here) (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, lots of politics where moving between teams (in 14 reviews)

• Extreme long hours, so work life balance is not possible at all (in 21 reviews)

1. "Excellent Firm, Monopoly Busines, Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Argus for two years now and would definitely recommend this as a great place to work. For one, they have a 100% monopoly business model and are still discovering all of the new, fascinating, and very lucrative applications of their enormous data asset - this is a firm that has a very solid future. Second of all, management is very open to conversation and attentive to complaints, suggestions, and encouragement from employees. The benefits and compensation package is comfortable and substantial so that, even living in New York City, no one is struggling to scrape by. It's also an academic type of work that is intellectually stimulating and requires effort, ensuring that the job is boring only if you choose to make it so by not pursuing opportunities or challenges. The firm also has regular team and company wide events, happy hours, and outings, as well as a quarterly town hall meeting where all employees can see how the business is doing - no detail is held back or hidden.

Cons

The primary complaint is the commute. Being located in White Plains is really only convenient to upper management who commute a short distance from Westchester or Connecticut. All of the entry level employees are either forced to live in White Plains or spend upwards of an hour each way walking, taking busses, and catching trains just to get to work. Other than that, employees are often asked to work long hours to get large projects done in short amounts of time. However, it's nothing like the kind of hours at similar consulting shops and a far cry from the banking world.

Advice to Management

Keep the company on the current trajectory. However, there needs to be a much more robust career tracking initiative to give employees a clear cut path on how to move ahead.

"analyst"

Former Employee - Analytical Analyst
    Former Employee - Analytical Analyst

Pros

Nothing to write, or say

Cons

Everything you imagine is wrong

Advice to Management

they are deaf

"Exciting Company to Work For"

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time

Pros

Very bright people and some very leading edge information and insights. The right balance of hard working individuals with life/work balance.

Cons

None, so far. Roles and responsibilities could be more clearly defined across business groups.

Advice to Management

Continue to add experienced staff managers and to invest in employee training and development.

5. "Great Place to start"

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time

Pros

1.Starting pay is good.
    2.No matter what team you're on, you will learn a ton of useful skills.
    3.Coworkers are extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

1.Getting the resources in order to get something done can be a hassle at times.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the everyday resources needed to complete our tasks.

"Promotions and work life balance is a joke"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good for fresh graduates as stepping stone

Cons

Totally unprofessional, random projects, adhoc work, poor project management, expected to work 17hrs a day and on weekends. NO RESPECT FOR HARD WORK & Tenure. Get an offer, get a level up / promotion and salary match. Have seen people slogging day and nights for 2 years and not getting promoted vs folks getting an outside better offer and getting level up in 3-6 months. NOT FAIR and unethical.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and treat them as assets, not slaves.

"Good company to start your career"

Pros

Free Snacks
    Helpful Collegues
    Gives good knowledge of finance market

Cons

Low Salary
    Mis Management
    Poor work life balance

"Great company to begin your career in Data Analytics"

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time

Pros

- Great talents around helping you to understand business & data computation

Cons

- Great work but with very little planning & time

"Good Company To Work For And Build Your Career"

I have been working at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time

Pros

You have the chance to learn a lot about the banking industry (if that is your aim you can do it here).

If you start as an analyst (out of college for example), you have the chance to build good work ethic, which will help further your career.

If you work at Argus at a higher level (i.e. Manager and higher), you have the chance to help in the advancement of other's who report to you as well as continue to build your skills.

Since Argus is not a large company, you have more ability to make an impact than you might at some larger companies.

Cons

There is a lot of work but that is the same with any growing company.

"Good experience but need organization"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great experience being an intern at Argus since I learned many new things in the field of data analytics and warehousing solutions. Great coworkers. Nice happening environment.
    Many events for employees. Free snacks and breakfasts.

Cons

Poor work life balance. Too much work sometimes. Some people do work of 2 employees. Lack of organization among teams. Lack of automation in most of the processes.

"My worst experience!"

I worked at Argus Information & Advisory Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can meet some really cool and talented people who are struck here for their own reasons. I found my mentor here and I am glad I met him. This was my best part in Argus which changed my way of thinking towards my career.

A very good stepping stone. All smart people who join Argus learn their stuff quickly and quit within 6-11months after joining.

This place makes you realize what worst means!

Cons

This is a never ending list. I know I am wasting my time writing a review for such a pathetic work place. However I am writing this with a hope that a lot of people will find it useful.
    1) Most of the managers don't know their stuff and are just working to meet the deadlines at any cost (There are very few exceptional managers too).
    2) Employees are living in their own shells and don't understand what they are missing on. And I realized this only after getting out of this ****.
    3) People talk all good about you when you are working here but they BS about you when you quit.
    4) My worst experience with a company in a list of six companies I have worked for.
    5) What people do here is not analytics.
    6) Working long hours is considered as an achievement. Accomplishments doesn't hold any importance.
    7) Your worth is recognized only after you put down your papers.
    8) There is no proper coordination between the teams. You must be good at blame game to survive the battle.
    9) No one is interested in knowing each other. Being a company of hardly 160-180 employees, people hardly know each other. And this is how it's been in Argus for a long time.
    10) HR is not an independent organization. They are dictated by the management. They are just like puppets. Nothing can change unless HR is given the authority to work independently.

Overall, I hated going to work. I would recommend you to consider this as an option only if it is your last option.

Advice to Management

As if it matters!