Argus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Jonathan J. Boehm

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good atmosphere, good people, good job (in 7 reviews)

• Work from home time available to most employees (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No direction given on projects, and when not completed the way the manager wants you get scolded (in 3 reviews)

• Hard to keep good people if you are willing to pay them what's fair (in 2 reviews)

1. "Application Analyst Manager"

I worked at Argus full-time

Pros

People are great to work with

Cons

Sales team commits to products that are not yet ready for delivery

2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Argus full-time

Pros

People were friendly to work with. Loved working in downtown Kansas City.

Cons

Department was a bit unorganized, but management continuously tried to make improvements.

"Safe but not challenging"

Former Employee - Architect in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Architect in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Argus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Safe environment, but didn't have much competitive atmosphere or challenge to the work.

Cons

Compensation for executives and management seems much higher that anything the rank and file can expect to receive. Very disproportionate and seemingly ingrained in the culture from the parent holding company.

Advice to Management

Rank and file employees feel almost universally feel undervalued and not empowered to effect change.

4. "Employed at argus as a financial analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere, good people, good job

Cons

Cons are limited, good work envornment

Advice to Management

no advice

5. "PBA"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Benefit Analyst in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Benefit Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Argus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free drinks, many breaks, good people

Cons

UNORGANIZED, UNORGANIZED, UNORGANIZED, the training for the PBA job was absolutely horrid. There were people in the classroom that had already been there a month mixed in with people who had just started. Argus needs a new " training " program very badly. A lot of people on the floor don't even know how to do there job correctly, managers dumping new people off with pbas and leaving them for the day with no direction. Argus NEEDS to be more organized or they are going to keep scaring people off.

Advice to Management

Be more organized! Have a schedule for new employees to follow instead of just dumping them off on one of your employees.

6. "just like DST"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Argus full-time

Pros

Really nice, experienced, team oriented people

Cons

Since DST owns Argus unfortunately it is just like DST. A huge corporation that is more concerned with numbers and shareholders and executives than the welfare of its employees and fair wages. The benefits are AWFUL, like why even bother and you have to pay for parking even though DST owns the parking facilities

Advice to Management

None to management, they just report to higher ups and do their jobs. The executive and director level is the ones that could use a reality check

7. "Repetitive issue resolution"

Former Employee - Tier II Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Tier II Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Argus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no reason to work an entry level job at Argus other than good health insurance and small paycheck

Cons

Doesn't matter how hard you work, it will get you nowhere in the company. They charge $60 a month to park in the lot where you work to make the company money. Job responsibilities and titles earned do not earn you more compensation.

Advice to Management

See who's working for you and how hard they work, rather then just telling others to see you.. only to fire you for being six minutes late to work.

"Just walk away..."

Former Employee - IT Senior Associate in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - IT Senior Associate in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Argus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent location if you like the downtown scene.

The true shining stars are great people to work with however they are few and far between.

Cons

Where to begin? I spent several years at Argus in a senior level IT position. I have no opinion of the CEO since outside of watching him make endless laps around the outside of the building smoking I never met the man. In fact I wasn’t even sure where his office was located.

Below the CEO I have dealt with most everyone else at the executive, director and management levels. I would love to call people out by name but I will try to keep this as polite as I can. The CTO is basically a complete idiot who is being propped up by a “VP” who is on about the same level of idiocy, however he is much more conniving. While on the topic I’ll clarify that the “VP” is basically using his shoulders to prop the CTO up I’ll leave you to your imagination as to where his head is at.

This VP splits time between doing nothing important, tattling on who he doesn’t like to the CTO and plotting his vengeance on all who dare disagree with him.

Most of the directors are probably decent people save one or two. But they are completely powerless due to fear of getting blacklisted. Managers typically fall in line with the directors however the competency of the managers is much more hit or miss. Many of the managers have the title because they have stuck around and only say “yes”. Managers who have rocked the boat paid dearly.

On the topic of disagreeing with anyone my best advice is, if you work at Argus don’t disagree. Just go along to get along and collect your paycheck. Alternative ideas and opinions are judged to be treason. If you disagree you must not be a team player. When they tell you’re the sky is green just agree and go on about your day. If you push back too hard or too often you will be pushed aside or out. The good employees accept this and the competent ones despise it.

In short this place is a complete dumpster fire. Just stay away since there are much better organizations in Kansas City to work for and most of them pay better as well.

Advice to Management

Well since this is Argus and I know they won’t listen I’ll address DST management. You need to clean house at Argus. You need to fire everyone from the managers up through and including Mike Gentry. Upper management is a complete failure and middle management is too weak to be effective. 90% of the managers and directors that are considered superstars are only seen in that light because they fell in line with the horrible decisions made at the top. Cut them all loose and save this sinking ship.

9. "Not the best. Not the worst"

Current Employee - Call Center in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Call Center in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Argus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone is nice and approachable. Not as stressful as other call center jobs,

Cons

Low pay for the industry. Lack of much needed refresher training. Concerns get ignored. For example when i took the industry transitions training I did not understand it at all. I was lost. I told this to my instructor that brushed me off. Many people have this complaint of not understanding training or being blown off when they asked for a refresher training. I been with the company for a decade and still have no clue on how to read a payer sheet or do contracting or remember any advanced training. There is a culture of ignoring problems like this when people bring it up and ask f r help. We just get told to call tier 2. Well tier 2 is almost always rude so I just do not call them. Another common complaint is too much negativity. The reward program they have is worthless and even management as stated this in meetings. We here how we suck at our jobs and how we loose customers yet you do nothing to insure we know out job. If we get trained in something then a whole year goes by before having to apply it we are not going to remember it. I remember bring up a concern to management and i got yelled at for doing so and went home crying. Also benefits were once great now they are so costly I can not afford it. $175/mo for health insurance for me only? that is on the level of a fast food worker not a big business like dst/argus.

Advice to Management

If someone states we have a problem then fix it. Give refresher training to EVERYONE that feels they can benefit from it. Then we may be able to give better service to customers and retain clients

10. "Not a respectful place to be"

Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Argus (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some job security in the healthcare industry. Good downtown KC location. Nice benefits shared with parent company.

Cons

The leadership is absent. If a problem arises, they believe ignoring it will make it go away. Some employees are ruthlessly disrespectful to others they are jealous of or intimidated by. The company wastes thousands of dollars recruiting, hiring and training good people to only have to do it all over again when they don't deliver on the promises they made in the interview and people get there to see the acidity in the culture so they leave. Bad behavior does not go addressed, to the point harassment is an accepted means of forcing employees to comply for fear of keeping a job.

Advice to Management

Practice the basic principles the company reports to require be entreached in the organization. Hold each other accountable for behavior and think about someone else for a change. The world is not all about you. Teams are what get things done and sucking the life out of someone else doesn't make you stronger. Build people up. Show your support for one another so employees follow suit. Change the viciousness of needless competition. Be more transparent and honest. People know when you are bluffing. Stop playing and rewarding favorites. Customers see the internal turmoil and it is a huge turn off to them.