Argus Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 21, 2016

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jonathan J. Boehm

Pros
  • Work from home time available to most employees (in 4 reviews)

• Good company with good benefits; values employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to keep good people if you are willing to pay them what's fair (in 2 reviews)

• Very isolated with low pay and no guarantee of 40 hours a week ever (in 2 reviews)

1. "Not the best. Not the worst"

Current Employee - Call Center in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Call Center in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Argus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone is nice and approachable. Not as stressful as other call center jobs,

Cons

Low pay for the industry. Lack of much needed refresher training. Concerns get ignored. For example when i took the industry transitions training I did not understand it at all. I was lost. I told this to my instructor that brushed me off. Many people have this complaint of not understanding training or being blown off when they asked for a refresher training. I been with the company for a decade and still have no clue on how to read a payer sheet or do contracting or remember any advanced training. There is a culture of ignoring problems like this when people bring it up and ask f r help. We just get told to call tier 2. Well tier 2 is almost always rude so I just do not call them. Another common complaint is too much negativity. The reward program they have is worthless and even management as stated this in meetings. We here how we suck at our jobs and how we loose customers yet you do nothing to insure we know out job. If we get trained in something then a whole year goes by before having to apply it we are not going to remember it. I remember bring up a concern to management and i got yelled at for doing so and went home crying. Also benefits were once great now they are so costly I can not afford it. $175/mo for health insurance for me only? that is on the level of a fast food worker not a big business like dst/argus.

Advice to Management

If someone states we have a problem then fix it. Give refresher training to EVERYONE that feels they can benefit from it. Then we may be able to give better service to customers and retain clients

2. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at Argus full-time

Pros

Usually get a lot of extra hours to work

Cons

You're on the phone talking to rude people all the time. You have to take certain breaks on time and will get in trouble if you're over more than a couple minutes.

3. "Not a respectful place to be"

Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Argus (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some job security in the healthcare industry. Good downtown KC location. Nice benefits shared with parent company.

Cons

The leadership is absent. If a problem arises, they believe ignoring it will make it go away. Some employees are ruthlessly disrespectful to others they are jealous of or intimidated by. The company wastes thousands of dollars recruiting, hiring and training good people to only have to do it all over again when they don't deliver on the promises they made in the interview and people get there to see the acidity in the culture so they leave. Bad behavior does not go addressed, to the point harassment is an accepted means of forcing employees to comply for fear of keeping a job.

Advice to Management

Practice the basic principles the company reports to require be entreached in the organization. Hold each other accountable for behavior and think about someone else for a change. The world is not all about you. Teams are what get things done and sucking the life out of someone else doesn't make you stronger. Build people up. Show your support for one another so employees follow suit. Change the viciousness of needless competition. Be more transparent and honest. People know when you are bluffing. Stop playing and rewarding favorites. Customers see the internal turmoil and it is a huge turn off to them.

5. "Fast paced and growing company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at Argus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are great, and everyone is friendly and very intelligent. Everything has been positive and the future outlook is as exciting as previous years have been.

Cons

Growth comes with challenges, and no company is exempt from that. Argus is working towards alieveating the burdens of the speedy growth

Advice to Management

keep communication lines open, everyone wants to be kept up to date with changes

6. "Senior Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Argus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, good benefits, flex time, can wear jeans, can work from home up to 30 days per year

Cons

low salary for the industry, no room for advancement, leadership always making changes, zero training

7. "Help Desk"

Former Employee - Tier II Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Tier II Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Argus (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team and great non-stop training. Tons of voluntarily Overtime

Cons

Big on occurrences. Be on time! They will get ya!

8. "Applications Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Argus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wear Jeans to Work Every Day
    Work From Home 30 Days a Year
    Free Soda

Cons

Hard to Advance
    Compensation and Benefits aren't competitive with other Companies
    Not a lot of Perks or acknowledgement for Employees- hard to stay motivated
    Have to pay for downtown parking

9. "Argus Employee"

I worked at Argus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free soda, Flexible hours and Pay okay

Cons

Middle management overlooks employees who work hard and corrective action is not fairly handed out, if your a favorite things will slide, if your not you will be picked on.

Advice to Management

Directors need to start cleaning house and hiring in fresh new management that now how to run and manage a company.

10. "Inter"

Pros

Nice people and nice place

Cons

pay is low and learn less

Advice to Management

Pay more

"Call Center - CSR"

Current Employee - Tier II Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Tier II Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Argus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is not over complicated and drug-out.
    From my experience the managers are great about hiring the right type of people for the jobs.
    I've worked with every call center manager and have taking something positive away from each one of them, but I do have a favorite manager to work with.
    Managers are good about providing food days for staff during the busy season.
    The Goals for the job are obtainable and manageable.

Cons

The busy season is brutal if your new to a call-center environment.
    Be prepared to take well over 125+ calls per day for an 8 hour shift.
    Mandatory over-time is not an option.
    Be prepared for S.T.A.R. Interviewing if your not a fan, you may want to skip applying. If you do interview, remember you are only being graded on your response. There is no real interaction with the hiring managers unless you ask questions at the end. Be prepared to just sit and sell it.
    Be open to change because your job will constantly evolve.
    Technology software needs to be updated. Although there is an old saying, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Advice to Management

I would say don't overlook people that are actively leading or doing great work on the floor for promotion.
    Stop having at whim shift-meetings, Contest and etc... It just seems like a waste of time, money and looks bad on your end when management don't follow through.