Arhaus Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Reed

Cons

1. "Hard make sales goal being part-time"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture part-time

Pros

The people are nice, except for one of them. But it life you will run into people you don't like and just ignore them. The store is beautiful. There's extensive training if needed.

Cons

It's hard to make sales goals as a part-timer, when the system almost against it. You pretty much have to full time to make sales goals. I didn't know that there was a 3 month grace period to make sales goals until after getting hired, which I thought it wasn't fair that I was not notified beforehand.

"Good work but no real leadership"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, sales manager was great, fun environment, easy to sell furniture

Cons

No leadership by manager, store ran by rude employee with seniority, company cut benefits, most furniture aside from sofas made in China

Advice to Management

Run the store instead of letting others dictate what to be done. Don't let someone do what they want, whenever they want just because of personal relationships. Actually lead the store, make all employees adhere to the company regulations and rules. Don't let employees treat other employees and customers with blatant disrespect.

3. "Just Run..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Furniture is nice. Commissions can be very rewarding.

Cons

Terrible micromanager that has waay too much entitlement and could care less about the employees as long as they're making them money and taking part in their "drone" A lot of delivery issues, customer service issues and terrible base pay.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horses.

"Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Friendswood, TX
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Friendswood, TX

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good commission
    Flexible scheduling
    Here the coworkers are fair
    Good health insurance/benefits

Cons

With any work place there is some drama
    low commission percentage (tier program)

"Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Arhaus exhibits a very creative environment and gorgeous products. I am always looking forward to going to the store! This is not your typical furniture store! It's a feast for your eyes!

Cons

I don't believe the design consultants are rewarded accordingly. We take the brunt of any issues, such as delivery, product damage...and take the monetary hit in our pay. There needs to be accountability on all levels; in all departments.

Advice to Management

Respect your frontline and reward them accordingly. Without sales, and the people that enjoy the process of selling Arhaus, there is no company.

"JR is back in the driver's seat!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Owner at the helm! Yippee!

It feels so good!

Million Dollar Sellers come out of your basements and feel sunshine on your faces!

Selling is good again...no more journeys...it's back to closing sales! Yeah!

God bless you JR!!!

Cons

It appears the HR Team can write posts!

Did the CEO put you up to it?

Come on...you can tell us...or better yet, we'll secretly pull your emails...you know how that works, right?

The posts sound solid...almost convincing....Good for all of you!

100% pack of lies!

Move along little doggies! Take your big salaries and bad changes and head back to the Dollar Store!

The sleeping giant has awaken!

Advice to Management

JR is steering the ship now and look at the soaring February sales! Better watch out Resto - Arhaus is finding its way home...and it feels so good!

"YO ADRIAN.......................Dont believe the recent fake positive reviews.................................."

Current Employee - Corporate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

John Reed is the reason this company is around. He is the reason it thrives. He is the only reason sales are finally not in the red and the company is motivated again! So glad to have you back in the biz!

Some of the people are great. This statement excludes the current executive team.

Cons

First off, the recent rash of positive reviews are written by the same group of 4 people. Its very obvious. Nobody in the company would praise the HR department, except themselves.They are unmotivated and typically outsource any and all real work. I challenge people to start contacting HR and see how far you get. They cant explain anything. Unless you ask about beagles, then the CPO will tell you all about facetiming her dogs when she travels. Other than that, zip, zero, zilch.

Another way to tell the reviews are written by the same person, is that they say how amazing the company is but bash everything about the company and John Reed the entire review. If its so great, why aren't you posting a more positive review? I love working here, but let me write and write about why its so bad.

More importantly, why are you so against John? Without him, there would be no Arhaus. He stepped aside for over a year. It got him no where good. Are you upset he is starting to hold all of you accountable? Asking you difficult questions?Actuallly (gasp) making you work??? You cant sit in your ivory tower executive meeting and make bad decisions together any longer? Did he break up your little clique? Sounds sad. Maybe we should send out a 2.0 apology letter.................. Break out the cue cards

Wake up people, you walk around as officers of a company that employs you, provides you and your families benefits and you bash the man who not only owns the business & is your Chairman, butstarted this company from nothing and grew it into what it is today. You realize you are working for someone that has more than you ever will and you act as if you are better or smarter? HA!! You don't have a third of Johns creativity or intelligence. If John is so awful then get out of HIS company. Go start your own retail company if you're so smart and accomplished in retail. Build your own empire, GENIUS! One of the reviews said John keeps interfering, of course he does. Its HIS business your driving into the ground. Maybe you should stop interfering, did you ever think of that?

Make no mistake about it, Adrian was NOT brought into clean up after John. John found Adrian himself and thought he would be capable of running Arhaus, so John could step aside. Unfortunately, the joke is on John who is working more now than before Adrian.

Do you honestly think its not obvious who is writing these reviews? Bashing John and saying Adrian (current CEO) and our HR team are amazing? Nobody in the company will say anything positive about the HR team. Not to mention the current CEO is walking around sulking about glassdoor every day instead of leading the company. Screaming at the CPO to fix it. You are all so transparent.

To say John has a misguided group is cute. His group as you call it are the same people that helped him build this business that you currently work for. While none of them are perfect at least they have good intentions which is more than I can say for all the evil this 2.0 group has done.

Advice to Management

Grow up! You have no allies in this business aside from each other. We are all glad to have John back. Nobody knows HIS business like he does. So step aside and maybe you can learn something. Better yet, just step aside.

"Concierge"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston Heights, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits -- that's about it. Normal pay.

Cons

Everything else. Lack of any real leadership. customer service is a joke. Constant excuses for delays. More work = no extra pay. Favorite system. Kelly should go back to jewelery. Utterly clueless. Basically a joke.

Advice to Management

John Reed stop treating employees like tissues. Take ownership and fire the people making the ship sink i.e... leadership or lack of.

"He who lacks plans, plans to fail."

Former Employee - Assistant Visual Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Visual Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate is so busy scrambling they can't bug you. Vacation and sick time to go look for another job. The people are okay.

Cons

Just in the last 3 weeks.... get rid of cleaning crew. They took away 401k match. Took away our budgets. In addition the man who was hired to turn the ship around resigned. I don't know about you but when you're on a sinking ship you jump.

Advice to Management

Have a plan and follow it. You can't cut your way to profitability.

"Enjoyable Workplace"

Current Employee - Web Sales in Boston Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Web Sales in Boston Heights, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful design, quality merchandise, positive work environment, awesome management and coworkers.

Cons

I really can't think of one. My experience has been great so far!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by being supportive and encouraging to your employees.