Arhaus Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 26, 2017

5.0
John Reed

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The pros of working here are that you are selling a great product (in 17 reviews)

• Create product, beautiful store and excellent design (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know what they want (in 23 reviews)

• There is no one right person, nor one right answer (in 21 reviews)

1. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Palm Coast, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Palm Coast, FL

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was one of the lucky store managers that attended last week's Store Manager Meeting in Cleveland. It was amazing--what a difference as compared to the last managers meeting in July 2016. For the past year, I've been wondering why I chose to work at Arhaus...after last week--I finally got my answer. In fact, this past Spring, we all feel Arhaus changed for the better. A lot of the older (not by age) managers told me that this is the way the company used to run and now it's back to greatness. John was awesome and genuine -- he listened, participated in the meeting -- and really knows the business! He was ignored and disregarded at last year's meeting-I didn't realize it until this year. Everyone has spoken so much about Kathy...and now I know why! She was authentic, cared, and really compliments John when they were presenting. All we did was laugh, learn, felt respected and valued---what else could you ask for? And if we do well in August---we're going to Venice...what company does that for their Store Managers? It was great to be with other store managers instead of the mass of people last year. All in all, it was great! So happy I stuck it out!

Cons

The biggest issues are with deliveries and concierge. They still need improvement - but not to sound like Little Miss Sunshine - unlike last year when we brought these issues up...it was like no one care. Still faced with these issues--John is listening, Kathy is responding to my Regional Manager and really listens to me and other managers. I feel things are getting better and the company is finally taking action. A lot of us new Store Managers no longer feel like an island where no one cared -- we feel supported now.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in this right direction. I was so impressed to see so many former Arhaus people return- that tells a lot! Please continue the Arhaus Culture -- I finally understand what the other long-time managers were speaking to...as for John Reed...I hope he never brings in another egomaniac to run his business! Not sure I could have wrote this a year ago or even a few short months ago like in January ... but I'm really proud to work for Arhaus!

2. "Proud to work for this company"

Current Employee - Design Consultant
    Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-high quality furnishings
    -positive work environment
    -lots of larger design projects

Cons

-special treatment of top sales associates
    -often having to work on days off (house calls)

3. "Merchandising Intern"

Former Intern - Merchandising Intern in Boston Heights, OH
    Former Intern - Merchandising Intern in Boston Heights, OH

I worked at Arhaus Furniture as an intern

Pros

-Great experience
    -Amazing company culture
    -Sitting in on meetings with executives

Cons

-Slow at some times
    -Unpaid but good experience compensates

"We can be the industry leader, if we give CHANGE a CHANCE!"

Current Employee - Visual Manager
    Current Employee - Visual Manager

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Outstanding products, Great Co-workers and leadership team. Definitely a great place to work, earn a good living and you are rewarded for your hardwork. Dont mind the negative reviews, they are mostly written by individuals who are not receptive to changes due to their own insecurities with being held accountable.,

Cons

Lack of follow through by owner- John and a select few individuals who have worked with him for very many years and are not receptive to change. I have watched over the past few years as changes have been implemented and never allowed to take off. Just a revolving door of executives because owner continues to interfere with process.

Advice to Management

Allow this CEO see this changes through. He has identified our areas of opportunities, outlined a plan to get us there, and put resources in gear to get the initiatives rolling. How can you say things were better in the past, when you are playing from behind in a competitive space. Our competitors are leaving us behind and delivering exceptional service to their clients, while we are still holding on to things that worked when we were little. We are now a big company, and we need to start operating as one. Allow the CEO and our HR leaders to do their job. The initiatives and processes being put in place by this dynamic duo were meant to launch us into the 21st century and not take us back to the past. Many retailers are no more because they fell behind the times. If we are to attract new talent and keep them, we need to embrace the change and allow them to be successful.

"Glad the Haus has been cleaned!"

Pros

All the dramatic episodes and high school antics are no more! The new CEO "resigned".
    We knew he wasn't cut out for that role.

Back to Business! Sales are thriving, people are working together, no more closed door meetings talking about "lists". Except our CPO , her door is always closed. Marketing will hopefully improve now that the CCO is gone. So pumped for the future of Arhaus!

Cons

HR and everything associated with it, deliveries, lack of parking

Advice to Management

No advice needed, thank you for saving this company!

"Simply a GREAT PLACE to work"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- An executive team that works tirelessly to keep us relevant in the market.
    - Quality Product that tells a story.
    - A very sound CEO/CPO who understand Organizational/HR functions and are trying to get us compliant with statutory laws and regulations.

Cons

- A small group on selfish individuals who continue to provide misguided directions to the owner, and uncomfortable with meaningful change that can make the company become a strong contender in the industry.

Advice to Management

Allow change to work, in the past 5 years of working for this company, the same group of people who have continued to leave terrible reviews are the same ones that have systematically influenced the death of all relevant changes, and here we go again. The owner John needs to be mindful of whom he surrounds himself with and listens to. Our stores are cleaner than ever was, our clients are better served today than before. There is a reason we are where we are today, allow the new leaders do their job. True change takes a while, and i have seen many companies go from good to GREAT as a result of change.

"Great People"

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Great looking stores, great people, fun atmosphere. Company has so much potential to be successful.

Cons

Lack of structure and policies, no consistency, constant and negative interference from owner.

Advice to Management

Stick to the plan. The new CEO was brought in to save this company from the owner's erratic behavior and complete lack of business acumen. This company was suffering from years of neglect, poor leadership and complete lack of accountability. Most of the negative comments you see are from the minority who do not want change and can only exist in the absence of real accountability. The new CEO put the company on the right track - training, policies, structure, accountability, new systems, culture initiatives, etc. Exactly what was needed for this company to become competitive. The new CEO can bring this company into the 21st century and position it as a leader in the industry.

"All of you, please stop. Your 'war' with each other is actually harming everyone."

Current Employee - Store Level
    Current Employee - Store Level

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Arhaus IS a wonderful brand with a great story. The product is very high quality, manufactured domestically (except for global finds / art pieces, of course), made with sustainable standards, and the esthetic / style POV is amazing. I think - I hope - that is something all will easily agree on. (Common ground, anyone?) There are people here, both veteran AND new, who recognize & appreciate the brand's story, and share their talents, mentorship, and passion with their colleagues. The compensation & commission structure is, as of last month, quite good. (Note that previous reviews are talking about previous structures - some recent reviews from former employees describe structures that are quite outdated.) Everyone ultimately cares. These strengths and our potential to move past any division, outweighs the cons for me, and that means 5 stars.

Cons

What you're seeing hashed out here in these reviews are indeed growing pains... There were mistakes in the way leadership & direction changes were carried out. There were people on all sides that handled things well, as well as several who handled it poorly. There is no one right person, nor one right answer... Strange battles get picked between certain parts of HQ & certain stores. Unhealthy & pointless lines drawn between so-called "old" and "new" people at store level, often rooting from a small number who feel they have "inside" connections to Cleveland... Technology is outdated, and for whatever reason, a planned & very necessary ordering system & communications upgrade has been "postponed" until 2018. Supply channel issues are an ongoing problem... the delivery agent has been a big issue, and the lack of another distribution center toward the west has made QA issues an even bigger nightmare for stores out that way.

Advice to Management

Not just to management, but to everyone here. Please stop already. You're not helping anyone, especially not ARHAUS. End this "1.0 vs 2.0" garbage. The only place we should head is forward - it is never smart to "go backward," and causes division between people. Speaking of people, build partnerships with everyone, new people included. I see leaders struggle with a few of my veteran colleagues simply because they may have replaced someone they liked, and they don't want to learn anything they have to offer (even when the leadership is trying to learn from them). This comes from that 1.0 vs 2.0 idea getting spread around at store level. It's negative, harmful, and frankly, quite silly - and we're all better than that. Corporate leadership, please take the disputes from off here by partnering up with those most in need of mending fences... Those on the other side of that, please open yourselves to unifying, as well. Maintaining a war in social media & behind closed doors, is only going to hurt us all in the long run. Stop focusing on who is to blame, and start focusing on solutions. Culture being one of them, yes... But also, solutions to technology & supply chain... The technology upgrades were supposedly put on hold so we could "focus on sales." We could focus on sales more if an order didn't take up to an hour or more to process because our system is that convoluted, or if buying something off the floor didn't take 15 minutes... This frustrates our clients, and rightfully so. Whatever is truly causing this delay, it should be reconsidered... I've learned newer systems, and the great thing about them is that they are not only faster & more streamlined, but they are also relatively easy to learn. It's not going to take our focus off of sales, to learn a new & more efficient ordering system. It's also a hindrance that not every Design Consultant has an email address... As well, since our competitors don't have this issue, it looks sub-par to some of our clientele. It should not be delayed or brushed off as being unimportant or irrelevant to sales. It is very important, and we need to get that out of the electronic stone-age and into Arhaus' future. The passion & energy from all sides, please put your branches out, come together, and use it for good.

"I love(d) Arhaus"

Pros

I love Arhaus. Its been a good company to work at. Liked the people i worked with for years. Creative place brings ideas to life

new bldg is big. more space to work and we can have more prodct out. i cant hear snorting cackle as much bc big space.

Cons

until last year i had no cons. Arhaus was the best job. No matter your title our opinions and thoughts were always herd. used to be family.

Thepast year and new CEO has been bad . reviews saying how bad the 2.0 team is are true. It starts at the top withthe CEO. maybe his team isnt as bad as they allmade out to be. they are doing what he is telling them. he has his team scared to speak up. we seen what happens with people who spoke up . They all got fired. Hes been telling everyone hes now an owner. That itslef is scary.

I like my job. The chief creative dude eleaving was one of the worse things to happen. Theres nobody to direct visual/ PD creatively. The Driectors of PD are nice not trendsetting. hiring people with no furniture design buying expereince. Designs are basic. behind on trends/colors. Hasnt been original in 3/4 years. its cliquey to. had to figured out how to say neutral. new creative/fashion top level direction is imortant if you . to stay ahead of trends. only if they have exppreience doing the job. no more store people being promoted to soon. when they tell is whose getting promoted to a PD its fun to see who they pick. we wonder how they came to the choice. not alot of chances to get promoted to pd if youhave a opinion. weak. Tried to talk to hr gal and changed my mind. talking to her was like talking to detectives. to many q's not having to do with my problem. it did not help me. felt interrogated

need moren parking. better stylist for our old product photos thats what sells nees to be changed up more.

Advice to Management

get rid of new ceo. john talk to others in buying/pd. alot is kept hidden from you. thjings you ask to get done are sweept under the rug and were told you wont remember when product comes in. disrespect behind your back from people you trust most. whats happining at arhaus has spread throiugh the PD dept like a wildfire past few months. my level in the dept i know more then i probally should. people are not mature as youd think. get cool product mix back like arhaus used tohave.

"Enjoyable Workplace"

Current Employee - Web Sales in Boston Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Web Sales in Boston Heights, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful design, quality merchandise, positive work environment, awesome management and coworkers.

Cons

I really can't think of one. My experience has been great so far!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by being supportive and encouraging to your employees.