Arhaus Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
John Reed

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The pros of working here are that you are selling a great product (in 21 reviews)

• Beautiful store always changing the looks, great customers (in 20 reviews)

Cons

"11 year veteran - love Arhaus"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

Family environment
    Integrity of management and others at the company
    Work hard, play hard environment
    Give you the tools to succeed

Cons

I wish they had daycare option
    Parking was too limited- often had to park far away to leave room for customers cars
    Wish we had more promotions. I realize that we have the best stuff out there, but people need to feel the deal more today- discounts or free items with purchase might help us sell more.

Advice to Management

I love when John Reed visits our store- he's such a dynamic and inspiring person and I feel like he really knows all of his employees. Visit more often, JR. We sometimes only see you once per quarter!

"Worked there for 2 years"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH

Pros

I worked at Arhaus for a couple of years and I really liked it. My store manager really made the job great- she was always watching out for us and just had a great personality. The company ran into tough times last year (like everyone else) but, instead of just laying a bunch of people off, they chose to do a across the board pay reduction. Sounds like a bad thing, but I'm sure the alternative was a lot of people without a job. I think that said a lot for how much they care abou their people. They gave half of the paycuts back already and, if the economy continues to improve, they should give the rest back next year.

Cons

New inventory runs a business like this. When a new product would come in that was a hot seller, we often couldn't get enough of them. As a salesperson, I wish we could have more backstock for new items in case one of them really takes off- it's hard to sell something that you can't show to a customer.

Advice to Management

I really don't know that I have any advice. Maybe to be more particular about who you hire. One or two of the salespeople I worked with were a little lazy and complained about things like pitching in to keep the showroom clean. Not a major complaint, but maybe just tell people that before they start so everyone else doesn't have to hear about it.

I resigned when my husband got another job that forced us to relocate. I would work for them again if I had the chance.

"It was presented to me as a profitable place to work. If you call making 30,000 a year profitable. Joke!"

Current Employee - Sales in Perrysburg, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

Beautiful Furniture if you can afford it, and put up with over the top customer's.

Cons

Employee's working at the Store are not helpful or friendly to new hires. Long hours 9-6 in the summer is not warranted, not a family company.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to new employees that their going to make money, unless you consider $500.00 dollars every two weeks making money-when you sell 40,000 a month in furniture.

"Being in sales at Arhaus is fun, energetic and rewarding! Love the people I work with and the product I sell!"

Current Employee - Interior Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Interior Specialist in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The product and the people (customers and co-workers) are what keep me going everyday. I am always inspired by the beautiful surroundings and especially the vision of our CEO. I appreciate the challenges that I am given. I thrive on making sales and realize there are good and bad days. Unlike some of the other posts I have read, I have made a nice living working at arhaus in sales. Its sales what you put in to it - is what you'll get out of it!!

Cons

Sometimes scheduling is a challenge, but I can usually firgure it out with my manager.

Advice to Management

More contests! I loved being rewarded with Arhaus Furniture!!! Please keep the sales incentive trips - those are so great!

"Arhaus is the very best compnay I have ever had the pleasure to work for and im in my 50's!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Arhaus supports the drive to succeed and excel in every position offered by the company. If your desire is to make retail your career then Arhaus is for you. We only have the best of the best working for our company so if you like to "clerk" this is not the place for you. Your personal style can shine through and you can make ALOT of money as you control your paycheck with our comission and monthly incentive bonus.

Cons

It can be exhausitng work as you are on your feet all day long. However YOU choose the retail furniture world or for that matter any retail world. Life is a choice and Arhaus is a great choice even with aching feet!

Advice to Management

Just coniinue doing what you are doing...it's working and we all appreciate it. Thank you for the weekly treats that you sent to our store. The chocolate covered strawberries were the best! what other company sends weekly treats with a card from the owner? thanks!

"A Very Rewarding Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH

Pros

Everyone has the opportunity to provide feedback at every level of the organization. I like that I can give my input on product, sales, promotions, policies and know that they are truly taken into consideration and/or implemented. I speak to the owner, John Reed on a regular basis and he is always receptive to opinions, ideas, and input.

We sell the best furniture and home decor in the country and am very proud of this!

The opportunity for growth here is tremendous. I started with this company nearly 10 years ago in sales and have since been promoted several times. Arhaus is a growing company so the potential for further advancement is definitely here.

I enjoy the people that I work with every day - I feel like this is my second home and second family. The organization is very family friendly and supportive.

Cons

You must be willing to work hard and wear many hats in order to be successful.

A good portion of my pay goes right back to Arhaus because I am always buying our own furniture and decor!

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within the organization when you can. Continue to listen to your employees at every level. Grow your corporate staff where it is needed to help support your sales staff and sales growth.

"This is a great company where the product is high quality and the atmosphere is professional!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH

Pros

Arhaus promotes from within the company; Management is focused on long term sustainability; Products are excellent quality and innovative; Great employee discount;

Cons

Sales staff need to personally put in a better effort to know the product, so they can properly educate and assist customers.

Advice to Management

Be slow to hire the right person and be decisive about parting ways with the one who isn't working out. Everyone would benefit from even more product training in the field.

"Arhaus is a beautiful, energetic, and challenging place to work that will pay off for those who work hard."

Former Employee - Interior Specialist in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Interior Specialist in McLean, VA

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are good at sales and love interior decorating, Arhaus is a great place to be. The store changes every two weeks with endless new products and beautiful and ingenious decorations. The staff is knowledgeable and charming and the customers are interesting - we regularly had celebrities, world travelers, and lots of couture outfits.

Corporate staff regularly visits and buys lunches and treats during big sales. The product is good quality and you'll have plenty of reasons for your clients to buy Arhaus instead of the competition.

Cons

The sales training is helpful but previous sales experience or strong ambition is important to succeed in the job. As with many sales jobs, there is competition among associates, but you'll find coworkers will also help each other.

"Arhaus is what you make of it!"

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Arhuas Furniture has outstanding growth opportunites for all!

Cons

Arhaus should be treated as a business within a business to be successful. It is a great place for people who are driven and willing to work to make lots of money.

Advice to Management

We love the perks that Arhaus gives its associates. Please continue the wonderful incentives towards success!

"Luxury Brand I love and look forward to being a part of its continued growth"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Consistently changing environment that targets its product on current trends and client needs. Romantic and Beautiful, the products are and so are the people....with spirits and talents to deliver the "luxury" experience people are looking for. Huge earning potential for those design consultants who are all about client services and listening to their needs.

Cons

You have to work smart and well, as in any retail setting....the hours are nights and weekends which isn't for everyone. It is true that we clean our showrooms (some people just don't love that) but as a place for you to work and make good money, it's a small price to pay and something you can be proud of when showing off the store to clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow internally with new positions for growth from the inside (stores). Continue with incentives and new approaches to growing our Luxury Brand and keep asking the front line (our design consultants) for assistance and ideas to contributing to our growth.