Arhaus Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
John Reed

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Beautiful store always changing the looks, great customers (in 19 reviews)

• The pros of working here are that you are selling a great product (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know what they want (in 23 reviews)

• There is no one right person, nor one right answer (in 21 reviews)

"Horrible management"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Edina, MN

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great team at Edina Galleria
    -beautiful showroom and furniture
    Honestly that's all but I have to write 20 words to submit this.

Cons

-Manager is very condescending and rude to both customers and other employees
    -Lower pay than competitors
    -Tiered commission starts at 1% every month

I've only been here a few months and already looking for a new job.

Advice to Management

Hire stronger team leaders to influence store teams

"It's a sad time"

Pros

*The best furniture
    *The most interesting showrooms
    *Some amazing employees and a great chairman

Cons

*Privacy invasion through not quite legal electronic surveillance of employees
    *Sales figures are always manipulated
    *Some really inappropriate corporate/field leaders
    *No consistent or sustainable infrastructure
    *Antiquated POS system
    *Lots of recent challenges with inventory

Advice to Management

If you want to last long-term, think long-term in both planning and actions. As everything is functioning now, you will become buried under an avalanche of errors and issues that I don't think you can get out of.

""Make Arhaus Great Again" They said......."

Former Employee - Design Consultant in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked with Arhaus New Orleans from opening day.
    I very much enjoyed the 2 years I worked for the company. There were a lot of ups and downs with some of the changes being made with corporate in the last year. But Arhaus did a magnificent job with smoothing things over to bring it back to the brand we all fell in love with when first hired. The position requires a lot of hard work. you have to be a go getter and you have to operate in a progressively positive environment to succeed on that sales floor. Like many sales jobs, there are many policies set in place to ensure a positive and supportive sales team. And if your showroom does not provide that, you best provide it for yourself. I often found myself self-motivating and motivating others to succeed. Which I enjoyed very much. It made working there that much more enjoyable!
    The Furniture is awesome! Arhaus has a very special way of staying on trend and also bringing new and exciting things to the table. All while keeping its exclusiveness.
    The visual managers are amazing, they put SO much hard work into making that store as beautiful as it is. To be quite honest, they are the philanthropist of the Arhaus brand. I have all great memories and thoughts of this company and I wish Arhaus the best of luck in the near future.!

Cons

ha ha ha.

Management. This is no high horse rant. But I would have continued WORKING with this company had they been a bit more concerned about the well being of its employees, by first looking into the well being of its managers. The carelessness of management "specifically" the current manager, is absolutely absurd and wouldn't be accepted anywhere else. Morally I could not stay and witness the mis -treatment of other employees. It was very difficult to stomach, I guess more so for myself because I was being treated very "special" probably to keep my mouth shut. Very little did they know.

Advice to Management

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance, and conscientious stupidity."

"Terrible!"

Former Employee - Design Consultant
    Former Employee - Design Consultant

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty furniture if you don't mind buying furniture from China

Cons

Management plays favorites. No leadership. Stores are at each other's throats because things are constantly backordered. No normal hours! It's always around the store managers favorite employee, everyone else is left to suffer. Company takes away benefits from employees when they don't do well when it's a lack of their marketing. The company is trying to expand too quickly. Most of the furniture is made in "Asia" or aka CHINA. You sell a story and clients who move forward suffer because of the company. Ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Lead right or don't lead at all!

"Sales"

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Good for retail pay. Software very antiquated which I believe they are working on.

Cons

Infrastructure not in place for entire company, which I think they are working on. The VP had changed a couple of times.

"Run, Run, Run"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product and beautiful stores

Cons

Management, executive management, pay rate, ability to voice ANY opinion or idea without retaliation

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your staff
      Many are seasoned sales staff and don't need someone standing over their shoulder at all times. Let your staff give ideas and feedback. So may time there is retaliation for giving an honest opinion even when asked for it.

"WARNING!!! Strap your Nike's on and RUN as FAST as you can!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful store & furniture... that's about it... can't even make the required 20 words!! Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah.. My review is most important for any folks considering a job here!!

Cons

Sadly for me, before I excepted this position I didn't look on glassdoor.com to see the SCATHING reviews about this company. It doesn't even deserve one star!! Arhaus is a complete joke! I was lied to about the commission tier, which by the way is pathetically LEAN ! Bottom line, there's no way to make money at Arhaus. They coddle their top performing designers that steal your leads right out of your hand and/or split the sale without your consent. I'm not really quite sure how you're supposed to make any money when your leads are being stolen and they're so desperate that they hire so many people to flood the Sales floor.

They originally told me that they don't want salespeople to rush customers at the door but now they're soooo desperate for sales it's required. By the way, be sure you have your janitorial license because you're required to vacuum, dust, and clean-the store, toilets and all because they're too cheap to hire a cleaning service. Yet they spend frivolous money on sending cookies & candy to "motivate" the design consultants to sell 😡
    Here's the thing, this company grew too fast and retail is suffering as a whole. Arhaus is putting so much pressure on their managers & sales people to bring in the business and it's just not happening. They don't advertise to bring people in the door so it's miserable. And lastly, but important, management is sub par, micro managing, condescending bullies! They treat you like a kindergartner; scolding you at every turn for the most stupid reasons, it's just ridiculous. Im a a seasoned Salesperson who's been awarded for being a top performer at many of
    my positions. I won't tolerate being treated like a child!! Really?..
     The POS system is so antiquated that customers freak out about how long it takes to ring up the simplest item such as a candle! They get so agitated they're ready to walk out of the store, and that is really not appealing at all. This is one of the worst environments/company cultures that I have ever worked in . So, if you're listening and you're reading this please heed my warning Bla⚠️ don't even get involved with this company!! Go to www.glassdoor.com & you will see the numerous reviews, the same common thread of complaints on and on.. yeah it's a beautiful store with beautiful products but that's it., save yourself and don't even bother, they will drive you into the ground !!

Advice to Management

Get educated! Stop with the cult mentality.. Be respectful of employees and their talents. Stop the condescending behavior you'll only Drive people away..

"sales"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

beautiful work environment as well as beautiful furniture and accessories. Nice employee discount if you can afford high end furniture.

Cons

Working every weekend, poor leadership, furniture that is continuilsly delivered damanged, poor wages, have to go on house calls on your own time without pay.

Advice to Management

Be there for your team, help when there is a difficult customer issue instead of ignoring it. Figure out why so much furniture is damaged when delivered.

"Design Consultant"

Former Employee - Interior Design Consultant
    Former Employee - Interior Design Consultant

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful store always changing the looks, great customers.

Cons

Meetings were always on the weekend, mgmt gets away of scheduling 6- 7-8-9
    days in a row!

Advice to Management

People cannot function to their fullest with that many days in a row!

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Palm Coast, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Palm Coast, FL

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was one of the lucky store managers that attended last week's Store Manager Meeting in Cleveland. It was amazing--what a difference as compared to the last managers meeting in July 2016. For the past year, I've been wondering why I chose to work at Arhaus...after last week--I finally got my answer. In fact, this past Spring, we all feel Arhaus changed for the better. A lot of the older (not by age) managers told me that this is the way the company used to run and now it's back to greatness. John was awesome and genuine -- he listened, participated in the meeting -- and really knows the business! He was ignored and disregarded at last year's meeting-I didn't realize it until this year. Everyone has spoken so much about Kathy...and now I know why! She was authentic, cared, and really compliments John when they were presenting. All we did was laugh, learn, felt respected and valued---what else could you ask for? And if we do well in August---we're going to Venice...what company does that for their Store Managers? It was great to be with other store managers instead of the mass of people last year. All in all, it was great! So happy I stuck it out!

Cons

The biggest issues are with deliveries and concierge. They still need improvement - but not to sound like Little Miss Sunshine - unlike last year when we brought these issues up...it was like no one care. Still faced with these issues--John is listening, Kathy is responding to my Regional Manager and really listens to me and other managers. I feel things are getting better and the company is finally taking action. A lot of us new Store Managers no longer feel like an island where no one cared -- we feel supported now.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in this right direction. I was so impressed to see so many former Arhaus people return- that tells a lot! Please continue the Arhaus Culture -- I finally understand what the other long-time managers were speaking to...as for John Reed...I hope he never brings in another egomaniac to run his business! Not sure I could have wrote this a year ago or even a few short months ago like in January ... but I'm really proud to work for Arhaus!