Arhaus Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

"Staff"

Former Employee - Staff in Walton Hills, OH
    Former Employee - Staff in Walton Hills, OH

I worked at Arhaus Furniture (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer flex time and a comprehensive benefits package. The vacation policy is generous. There are some very nice people working there.

Cons

This is a company that is growing very fast, very quickly. Sometimes a job will outgrow the ability of the person who has been doing it for many years.

Advice to Management

Consider reassessing the competency of some of your long-term employees. Are they hiring staff members fresh out of college because they are inexpensive or because someone with experience might be a threat to their job?

"Sad times ahead for this once unique retailer"

Current Employee - Corporate in Boston Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate in Boston Heights, OH

Pros

The only "pro" is that I haven't been fired before finding another job. Someone new is fired every week. The new TEAM has made it clear if your loyalty is with previous CEO/ Founder then you have no chance of surviving on his team.

If your considering working for Arhaus, now is a great time to join the company. The new HR team hires anyone no matter where you worked or what your experience. They have very low expectations. You will also earn more than the existing people in the same position. They want puppets that will do as they say not as they do.

Cons

The main reason most of the current employees are looking for a new job is the new TEAM. They have created such a hostile work environment, nobody feels secure with their jobs. Its heartbreaking to see a place that so many of helped build fall apart at the hands of an inexperienced EXECUTIVE TEAM. In a few short months they have managed to rip the heart out of this company.

The new TEAM is trying to turn Arhaus into a big box retailer and by doing this they are ruining all that makes Arhaus unique and special. The new "leader" cant see past his ego and he is making very poor decisions. He lacks common sense. While he is spending money the sales continue to fall and profits are falling right along with it. He thinks its negative to discuss the poor sales numbers. Wait until the company goes out of business. Maybe they didn't cover simple economics with you at Harvard??

On top of poor business judgement, our new LEADER lacks the ability to partner with the right people. He has put together an Executive Team that is all as inexperienced as he is. That's how he likes it so nobody can disagree with him. Disagreements don't work well with his ego. His sales leader actually told people that we will become so uniform that Arhaus can hire monkeys to do everyone's jobs. The new HR team has resorted to reading emails and texts so they can keep the new leader abreast of any issues that may arise. Big Brother is watching. On top of all this the product is lacking, has been for a few years. The PD team just copy and paste from our competitors. Its really the weakest team in years. Our new Leaders solution is to have them report to someone in finance with no merchandising experience. Its quite the comedy of errors.

Last but not least, communication is terrible. Mostly because nobody knows what they are doing at the top. Nor do they know what it takes to execute the exciting initiatives that we keep getting emails about but have yet to see any results. They sit in excruciatingly long meetings day after day and we have yet to see any positive change.

Advice to Management

The new 2.0 is ruining the company. They all lack experience, creativity and most importantly common sense. Start over. These people complicate very simple tried and true practices. Stop analyzing from your ivory tower, get into the stores if you want to figure out how to improve the business.

"Repair Tech."

Former Employee - Repair Technician in Walton Hills, OH
    Former Employee - Repair Technician in Walton Hills, OH

I worked at Arhaus Furniture (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. I learned a whole new skill.

Cons

People, and management. Do not take the time to know there employers!

Advice to Management

Get to know your employers. Hire within for promotions. You have skilled employees in your shop. don't hire outside help with no experience.

"We need more"

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Boston Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Boston Heights, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Pay is decent, love most of the people I work with, beautiful building. Adrienne is super nice and down to earth! Our manager is very easy to talk to and he really tries to make this department work!

Cons

....20 word minimum...I will try...

I have been at Arhaus several years and here is what I see. Arhaus is a big business with a small business mentality. They want each and every customer to have a one on one experience with mainly one client services rep and we don't have the man power.

We have an accounting department that does not answer direct calls from customers. 9 times out of 10 times their responses to us is...."here's and account audit" ...which we have access to. We have buying departments that when we ask for help recites the warranty back to us.

We are the dumping ground for all of the issues that other departments and stores don't want to handle and they get upset when it does not go their way.

MXD - our current delivery service is a joke and the bane of our existence...we should have just stayed with our own personal drivers.

The move to our new warehouse was a complete mess and we still are trying to fix that mess.

The entire department is behind on their workload which is causing issues and this job is physically impossible to do without overtime, which is limited.

Instead of worrying about the quality of service we provide the customer it's all about numbers. How many calls are waiting. How many calls were taken. Call handle ratio. Hold time. Wait time. If there are more then a handful of calls in the queue email/messages go out demanding people on the phone no matter what you are doing. Do you know how difficult it is to spend an hour placing an exchange because you have to keep discarding your work to answer a call?

Process suck. Our turn over rate in the department sucks.

Advice to Management

We need more people. We need more support. We need more specialized departments that handle customer issues. We need stores to step up and handle their mistakes and to be honest with the customers.

"Drive sales, coach team on how to become better salespeople, get people excited about the brand!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job has been a life changing experience. Leadership cares about your success, you meet face to face with people in corporate and develop relationships with them. There is passion in every part of the business from the CEO down to the sales people. You love coming to work EVERY SINGLE DAY. Including the harder days. The culture is just amazing. You can move up quickly if you are talented and share the vision.

Cons

Not enough people know how amazing this company is. Other competitors that are more well known don't even come close to the experience you get working and/or shopping at the store. The word just needs to get out there!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! After having difficult experience with some of the "best" retailers out there, leadership here makes you feel like family and gives you every tool you need to succeed.

7. "Amazing Company with GREAT Values"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Edina, MN

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for, they really CARE about their employees and listen to what is/isn't working. They are a family owed company that's growing and truly creates some amazing product!

Cons

Managers are overworked, easily put in 50-60+ hours a week. Pay is OK- when I look at the hours I work I feel I should be making A LOT more. Overall though working for such a great company there isn't many CONS. My father always told me if you love what you do, it'll never feel like work. That's truly how I feel working for Arhaus!

Advice to Management

Offer a monthly bonus for managers, get them support when they need it (not when they're about to break) and continue to bring in field trainers on a quarterly/bi-annual basis to support existing & new staff. Continue to update product resource tools on a regular basis and have sales training.

"Retail Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

The products are ok quality with acceptable style. It USED TO BE FUN, with reasonable commissions and three states with 100 sales people. Since they started expanding into new areas, they have made a Lot of changes

Cons

Awful attitude, making people clean store and walk around holding dust rags,Mao they look busy but are being told to pounce on the customer who ( especially in ,NYC will make cleaning people invisible), managers are so hungry for a sale, they literally steal your customer, blocking a sale. Awful and tension from people making $18K a year with experience.

Advice to Management

Sit in on management meetings, review the staff personally and get real. Reward your staff so they can eat.

"Brainwash"

Former Employee - Interior Specialist in Hempstead, NY
    Former Employee - Interior Specialist in Hempstead, NY

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close to home. Pretty environment. Flexible break time. Good health care benefits, matching 401k. Ability to create your own client base.

Cons

No up system for associates on floor. Favoritism. Gossip. Unprofessional management. Unclear pay structure. High turn over rate. No advertising. Very poor delivery service. Commission is paid on delivered.

Advice to Management

Set realistic sales goals for the store. Communicate with sales associates. Be transparent about actually pay structure.

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Hudson, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Hudson, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family Oriented and opportunities for growth

Cons

I don't currently have any cons for Arhaus

Advice to Management

N/A

"Could Be Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful Furniture, Great for creative people

Cons

Delivery Issues daily, Immature salespeople, horrible pay

Advice to Management

More Training, better pay so you won't lose the good ones....