Arhaus Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

"Could Be Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton Hills, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful Furniture, Great for creative people

Cons

Delivery Issues daily, Immature salespeople, horrible pay

Advice to Management

More Training, better pay so you won't lose the good ones....

"Poor leadership on all levels"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston Heights, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Nice new building and good location. Everyone is in the same building now. Benefits are ok and people are nice enough to your face.

Cons

C level management has changed multiple times which affects all levels of the organization - changing direction every time a new one comes in. Lay offs (sometimes of complete departments) happen more frequently than most companies.

Advice to Management

Make a decision and stick with it.

"Run, just run."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful furniture. I worked with some lovely people. I hope that the majority of those people have moved on to greener pastures.

Cons

It actually has been many years since I worked for Arhaus and I am back to right this review . That is how much I disliked working at this company. They lie right to your face during the interview in regards to compensation. You are treated like a peasant by management who couldn't care less about you. Let me get back to the pay for a moment, it is utterly embarrassing . You are paid just enough to get to and from work , that is all.

As a new employee I was berated by some lunatic shipping coordinator. Last I remember you only have to sell something like 50k worth of furniture before you start making any 1% commission. I can go all day. Also, every good review on Glassdoor from this company is written by management . They are forced to do so. So thank you Arhaus for all the memories , ta ta.

Advice to Management

Yuck.

"Current employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company with tons of opportunities for the right person willing to work hard.

Cons

Working through the growing pains.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company! Loved everything about working here. Had an amazing store manager and rsm.

Cons

Retail hours can be difficult, but made worth it by pay.

Advice to Management

I was very impressed by how much support came from the management. The training was amazing also!

"None"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Akron, OH

I worked at Arhaus Furniture (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefit package for new employees

Cons

Management did not give employees room to grow within the company, and they did not allow employees to voice their opinions and/or objections about anything without consequences.

"Fairly new employee, product is great. Better follow through needed with corporate"

Current Employee - Interior Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Interior Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The furniture quality is excellent

Cons

Delivery availability is terrible and inconsistent

Advice to Management

Advertise more and rethink commission policies

"Copy and Paste Someone Else's Review! They Don't Read or Care!"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Dayton, OH

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

None that I am really aware of except the song and dance they give everyone when they hire you about how much money you'll make. Not, Not, Not, gunna happen. By the way, I wasn't fired; I QUIT.

Cons

First of all, they're not reading your reviews, folks. If they were, something would have changed by now because the reviews, going back years, ALL SAY THE SAME THINGS! Greed at the top. Poor communication between corporate and upper management. Poor customer service and delivery issues out the yin yang, all of which reduces the already TERRIBLE SALARY sales associates get. This is what I said three years ago when I left. We all said it, over and over. (Read back a ways; you'll see.) Stop growing so rapidly, value your employees! This company will never change. Why should they? They survive and GROW and rake in more money despite the turnover. IF THEY EVEN READ THESE--THEY DON'T LISTEN TO THEM OR TRY TO EFFECT ANY CHANGES BASED ON THE WISDOM HERE. Notice the capital letters? I'm shouting, but THEY STILL WON'T HEAR ME OR YOU. Just copy and paste another review that says what you want to say. Use the time you'll save to look for another job. I'm telling you, THEY WON'T HEAR YOU! I still read these now and then to see if there's any indication employees are any happier and that their complaints are being addressed. They're not. Hello! John Reed! Hallllllooo!???? Nope . . .not listening.

Advice to Management

Respond to these suggestions with positive change.

"Disappointed Opportunity with NO Values"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful products and showrooms. A handful of great coworkers. Good pay for management and benefits are exceptional.

Cons

Company does not protect employees who have HR issues with management until investigations are concluded. Common practice to terminate employees as retaliation. Will release you early if you give proper resignation. Does not support store management or any employee who do not practice their ideal of best practices. Poor initial training for operations and very poor representation of company by retaining unfavorable employees who remain employed because the cheat/lie/steal... common acceptable behavior for the company nationwide. Have witnessed inappropriate verbal conduct toward subordinates from upper management without discipline and concern from owner or investors. Supply chain and inventory issues and delivery is at times a nightmare. The list could go on and on.....

Advice to Management

Advice to investors and owner: Rebuild your team. A beautiful brand and many wonderful products to be represented by immature leaders in valuable positions. Work on the supply chain for a better customer experience and set realistic goals. Without intelligent leaders you might as well go out of business as you are driving away exception talent who can deliver.

"Delivery driver"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products, great coworkers and great pay for easy work. Three days of work four days off. Good time off

Cons

Poor leadership. Supervisors, managers all the way up. Promote growth, then lay offs and replacing a begin without warnings. Customers are snobs