Arhaus Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Arhaus Furniture Reviews

Updated January 15, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The pros of working here are that you are selling a great product (in 21 reviews)

• Beautiful store always changing the looks, great customers (in 20 reviews)

"Still Confused"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product overall, should be decent base + commish

Cons

This Company has never figured out how to do business in NYC -- management either 'nice' but lazy or so rigid they can't see the big picture. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO DO SERIOUS CLEANING -- bathrooms, windows, etc etc

Advice to Management

Sales should be THE priority, management should do everything possible to help staff book business and be fair about commission, rotation on floor and being respectful of everyone's contribution. Never has been a team and pass-ag mgmt make Game of Thrones look friendly!!

"Design consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant
    Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture (More than a year)

Pros

Great starting salary, pyramid commission structure.

Cons

No support from upper management

"Hard make sales goal being part-time"

Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture part-time

Pros

The people are nice, except for one of them. But it life you will run into people you don't like and just ignore them. The store is beautiful. There's extensive training if needed.

Cons

It's hard to make sales goals as a part-timer, when the system almost against it. You pretty much have to full time to make sales goals. I didn't know that there was a 3 month grace period to make sales goals until after getting hired, which I thought it wasn't fair that I was not notified beforehand.

"Logistics Intern"

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Good upper management in logistics department/warehouse operations.

Cons

Rest of company has questionable leadership

"The experience I had working at Arhaus in Boulder was not a good one!"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Boulder, CO

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Arhaus has well designed quality product in a beautiful setting. The products sell themselves. The company as a whole I feel is a good one.

Cons

The base pay is low and the commission structure makes it difficult to make a decent wage. The the manager doesn't follow the company's own policies when it comes associate owning customers. Three of use started in late may and we all have quit. Two others were fired, all in two months. Don't waste your time!! Great company, not a great manager at the Boulder store.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to look closely at what is going on in the Boulder store. Why do all the design consultants keep quitting?

"Sales and interior specialist"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Great people that I worked with. It is a beautiful store and you meet many great clients. The only real pro is I met many great friends that work there that I will know forever.

Cons

Do not believe what they tell you upon hiring about the commission scale. This company does not care about their employees and you never and I mean never reach the stores estimated goals. The hours are retail and I cannot count how many times I scrubbed bathroom floors or the entire store before management came. It is beyond terrible and truly the worst job I have ever had! I myself cried my eyes out just walking in the door as well as many other employees. Don't do it!!!

"Nightmare in Boulder"

Former Employee - Design Associate in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Design Associate in Boulder, CO

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits were good along with Regional Managers.

Cons

Very unprofessional attitude by manager. The sales staff had no directives on the sales floor. Much aggression by one designer and she felt she owned every customer who walked through the doors. Very sad for any new employees beginning. A revolving door of new employees each few months.

Advice to Management

Get a fresh new manager and update the Boulder look! So sad for your reputation because a positive attitude would bring success to this store.9

"Such a bummer!"

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing product, and beautiful showrooms!

Cons

It all takes a deep downhill dive from the Pros. Poor compensation plan. Paid on delivery, and so many delivery fiascoes that it is challenging at best to deliver much more of your minimum of $40K to start receiving any commission which equals very low pay even though you do your part to meet sales goals. Very "clicky" and unprofessional management that never edified his staff, but constantly berated and humiliated the staff depending on how it helped him with his sales goals. Had to clean bathrooms and showroom while wearing many other hats that took away from the opportunity to sell - which is what we were hired to do. Very long and demanding days to "appear busy" and can't sit down even when no one is in the showroom.

Advice to Management

Find a better compensation plan that helps associates that work so very hard at their jobs, feel valued and compensated for such work. Arhaus is a beautiful brand and product - I was so excited to become a part of this company, but unfortunately learned that the underbelly of this company is so incredibly terrible, and impossible for most to make a decent living and have pride in their employer. You provide a beautiful showroom and product, but unfortunately the turnover of employees quitting speaks for itself.

Arhaus Furniture Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Recruiter

Hello - Design consultants at Arhaus are paid on written sales. Our Design Consultants are vital to our business because they create great customer experiences!

"Good work but no real leadership"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, sales manager was great, fun environment, easy to sell furniture

Cons

No leadership by manager, store ran by rude employee with seniority, company cut benefits, most furniture aside from sofas made in China

Advice to Management

Run the store instead of letting others dictate what to be done. Don't let someone do what they want, whenever they want just because of personal relationships. Actually lead the store, make all employees adhere to the company regulations and rules. Don't let employees treat other employees and customers with blatant disrespect.

"Just Run..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Furniture is nice. Commissions can be very rewarding.

Cons

Terrible micromanager that has waay too much entitlement and could care less about the employees as long as they're making them money and taking part in their "drone" A lot of delivery issues, customer service issues and terrible base pay.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horses.