Arhaus Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Arhaus Furniture Reviews

Updated September 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Beautiful store always changing the looks, great customers (in 19 reviews)

• The pros of working here are that you are selling a great product (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know what they want (in 23 reviews)

• There is no one right person, nor one right answer (in 21 reviews)

"Actively seeking new opportunities"

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None anymore. It's a fear fest. They are cutting benefits. Wouldn't be surprised it payroll is next or doesn't get paid out. What's the next cut, who is next, that's the chatter around, not how can we do business better. Don't believe the "numbers", there are some that know how to game the system very well and the company turns a blind eye. Don't know how it's not fraud.

Cons

Too many to list. Owner has a right to worry about his business but also needs to accept and be willing to change to grow. He doesn't know what people are supposed to be there for. Thinks cuts will fix things. Fix the people and the processes and your growth will come. Reverting back to the 80's and will fail.

Advice to Management

Stop opening stores and get your house in order. use all of your internal resources not just your cronies that couldn't grow it to the next level. Look to the future vs focusing on what you used to do. Retail is suffering as a whole and doing it the way you always did it isn't going to work.

"Concierge"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston Heights, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits -- that's about it. Normal pay.

Cons

Everything else. Lack of any real leadership. customer service is a joke. Constant excuses for delays. More work = no extra pay. Favorite system. Kelly should go back to jewelery. Utterly clueless. Basically a joke.

Advice to Management

John Reed stop treating employees like tissues. Take ownership and fire the people making the ship sink i.e... leadership or lack of.

"He who lacks plans, plans to fail."

Former Employee - Assistant Visual Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Visual Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate is so busy scrambling they can't bug you. Vacation and sick time to go look for another job. The people are okay.

Cons

Just in the last 3 weeks.... get rid of cleaning crew. They took away 401k match. Took away our budgets. In addition the man who was hired to turn the ship around resigned. I don't know about you but when you're on a sinking ship you jump.

Advice to Management

Have a plan and follow it. You can't cut your way to profitability.

"Where Do We Go From Here, Miss Secret Shopper?"

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quality upholstery compared to competitors

Cons

Trying to roll out too many changes at once.

Advice to Management

Please stop with the threats of being secret shopped. Get over the spy game! The managers have become beyond hyper focused--hyper OBSESSED with the threat and fear of being secret shopped and the "QUEST" experience that it's all they focus on. It's absurd. Your Quest training is a good idea in theory but for gosh sakes give it a rest.
    You're surprised by January low sales???? The front line in the stores are not! We're not surprised at all!
    Between your lack of I.T leadership, system FAILS at crucial times, managers who are more worried about if a guest was greeted when they touch the front door and not helping with daily tasks--WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? Thank goodness you realized paid on delivery is a disaster for our product.
    Please stop with the constant threat of being secret shopped. We are over it.
    How much have you spent on Quest? On all these consultants? And rolled out nothing but monopoly style game cards to play at Sunday sales meetings. And then threaten us that we better say the exact same greeting all across the board, or, ohhhhhh you're in trouble!
    We are adults and professionals. Did you forget? All these grandiosity ideas and promises--and how many have come to fruition?
    WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

"Design Consultant"

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Great sourcing and stories behind products with an emphasis on sustainable materials.

Cons

Can't trust that corporate management values the extremely important role that the sales/design consultant staff play in this company. Commission structures have been changed multiple times in the last few months, and there seems to be full time staff paid to find ways to not pay commissions, (claiming inaccurately that errors were made on orders when they weren't). It's a lot of work just to make sure the small commissions that are possible are actually going to be paid.
    And, the ropes that are hanging above the Russell bed really need to go. It is very embarassing to be working for what is supposed to be a high end furnishings store, when customers ask if we have a "Fifty Shades of Grey" display, or "Is this supposed to be a circus with all the balloons" as was the case during the "Warehouse Sale".

Advice to Management

Glad to know that the CEO that created much of this havoc is gone. You must find a way to create a better pay structure for Design Consultants who are the life blood of the company and get on with improving the computer systems instead of holding out with an antiquated 20 yr old program. It is also very unprofessional that the company lacks the proper programs and tools to complete a design presentation, and instead rely on Design Consultants or Interior Specialists to use their own persoanal computers and programs.

"High school"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome product, visual manager are a amazing

Cons

It was like being in high school, gossip was awful. HR was the cause of most of it. Regional managers were a part of the gossip and would lie just to keep their jobs. If you were in the in crowd you were untouchable.

Advice to Management

Grow up

"Inventory"

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Limited places to park and no kitchen yet

"They take $35,000 from your sales each month and keep that carrot in front of your face"

Former Employee - Interior Design Consultant
    Former Employee - Interior Design Consultant

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Beautiful furniture and decor.

Cons

In season (June-September) full time employees are expected to work 6-7 days a week, sometimes double shifts. Computer system constantly goes down. Furniture is constantly broken, damaged or lost and sales people loose credibility. Commission structure is a joke. Youre paid after your quota of $35,000 each month. Sell $70,000? Expect your commission check to be less than $1200 after taxes. Its a joke. Caps at 6% after you sell over $100,000. Which should be easy if youre working 6 days a week. For 4 years I never took a vacation in the summer because of the "BIG SALE." Youre expected to drink the koolaid and live for Arhaus. You are also expected to constantly dust, vacuum and sweep the store each day before your shift. Or they crack the whip on you if you're standing still waiting for a turn.

Advice to Management

Pay your sales staff better. Invest in better computer systems. Improve quality control department.

"Could be a great place to work"

Pros

For the most part the people make the difference. There are people here that give 125% and truly care. Great furniture and look.

Cons

People do not feel appreciated at all. The management staff needs to be improved. Way to much favoritism throughout the company.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation and respect!

"Enjoyable Workplace"

Current Employee - Web Sales in Boston Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Web Sales in Boston Heights, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful design, quality merchandise, positive work environment, awesome management and coworkers.

Cons

I really can't think of one. My experience has been great so far!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by being supportive and encouraging to your employees.