Arhaus Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Arhaus Furniture Reviews

Updated February 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • great product and creative environment (in 20 reviews)

• Create product, beautiful store and excellent design (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management chaotic most of the time (in 21 reviews)

• in 2016 and now with the disastrous 2017 start--the company has never hit its monthly sales plan--no one single month (in 19 reviews)

"Anyone hiring?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The floors in the hallways are nice to look at. It's nice to talk to the other people that work here that also hate it.

Cons

It's every man/woman for his/her self. No one is willing to help you with what you need. Most people are rude and snobby. Not looking forward to going in tomorrow.

Advice to Management

Define positions and duties. Acknowledge the hard working people that get paid basically nothing to work long hours and keep your sales up.

"Penalizing the top sellers? Big mistake"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am all that this brand stands for. Creating beautiful living spaces for our clients. Selling a quality product that I can completely stand behind. I consider my coworkers my family. Up until this weekend the pay has been very rewarding.

Cons

First sign I should have realized that this new regime was going to be problematic all the Regionals/managers that "resigned". All within weeks of eachother. Then we have new regionals magically appear form outside of our company that were slid right into these positions basically the same day the other regional managers supposedly resigned. Not only were the new managers under qualified, it turns out they were buddies with the new HR woman. Came from low end generic retailers. Have never dealt with commissioned associates.

Next sign we have a meeting with the new executive team for storewide sale, this new guy is up there smiling and telling us all the positive wonderful amazing changes. Surprisingly enough he left out all the negative points and left it up to our managers to tell us with no support from this so called executive management team. All the promises that were made, none have come to life. Except our change in pay...

These people have no idea how to motivate commissioned sales teams. They have just implemented a salary increase for all sales teams across the board, and lowered our commissions. Meaning I will lose close to $20K for selling the same amount as last year. Basically they are penalizing those of us that sell, and rewarding the low to average selling people. I believe everyone should be able to support thier family but not at the expense of the business. I have reached out to all my previous regionals that "resigned" to get the heck outa here.

we have no new customers. whatever is going on with marketing is not working.

all i can say now is not my circus. not my monkeys. Im going to take my talents elsewhere. This company is not thriving any longer.

Advice to Management

Spend your time fixing the things that need to be fixed. You have ruined all that was good about this company.

"If you want to make pennies, work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Arhaus Furniture (Less than a year)

Pros

High-quality furniture, good price points, you learn how to be a self-starter, opportunities to do residential design on a large scale with certain clients, great benefit package

Cons

Where to begin...Not enough pay to live off of, demeaning work environment, constant gossip and back-stabbing, unhealthy competition for sales. The company only needs its top performers to survive, the other 90% are just there for coverage. The 10% top performers make great commission while the rest of us struggle to afford groceries. Delivery is SO TERRIBLE. Sales are suffering because of delivery issues, but the sales goals continue to climb, setting employees up for failure. Even if you make a great sale and establish a great relationship at time of purchase, it is all destroyed by the bad delivery service, causing the client to cancel orders, which lowers your commission.

Advice to Management

Pay your people a living wage! They're all very talented individuals who have a lot to bring to the table. You are insulting them by paying them so little.

"Fun, Exciting, Engaging... Losing."

Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products, fun showrooms. Accessible advancement opportunities.

Cons

Client service issues, delivery issues, bad corporate structure.

Advice to Management

Reorganize your management structure, specifically those higher than store manager.

"It IS work, but very rewarding work"

Current Employee - Design & Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Design & Sales in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WONDERFUL environment. Beautiful product. Great team structure! Improving internal structure, and ongoing projects to constantly raise the bar, and better serve both the employees and the clients! It's a great time to join this growing company.

Cons

There are still some challenges in the computer infrastructure systems, stock levels, and in insuring consistent delivery experiences. But, the company has acknowledged the issues, responsibly, and is actively working to address the remaining problems.

Advice to Management

Keep listening (and thank you for doing so) - keep improving - and keep the beautiful, unique offerings coming!

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Some amazing customers
    Beautiful, overpriced, damaged furniture

Cons

AWFUL people working in these stores long term
    Openly rascist associates continue to be employed
    Horrible training
    Waiting months for damaged product to come in or not come in at all. Then have customer service decide to 'take it' when it comes in. When damages happen they discount- reducing your pay. As a matter of practice, not a sometimes occurrence

Advice to Management

Stop allowing your managers to openly disparage your employees to each other and using Sunday unpaid meeting to constantly talk about how they're trying to fire the Visual Manager
    Pay a decent wage
    Hire a cleaning staff and hire competent people instead of the pack of ignorants you have now
    Get rid of the 'management ' at this store- two of the nastiest, most unprofessional people I've ever had to suffer through.

"Interior design consultant"

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Great paid training on the furniture itself. The manager was inspiring. She gave some great ideas.

Cons

There was a lot of down time. Wanted me to go out and market for them. Not friendly Co workers. Very caddie women. Used car salesmen behavior. Was told we were a team but to back off.was told not to be social with clients. Come in on days off to work.

Advice to Management

Marketing needs to be from the company.

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Edina, MN

Pros

I cannot think of anything good to say about them.

Cons

Poor working conditions, pressure to chase customers all around the store

Advice to Management

Where to begin....

"Run, don't walk"

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful show room, quality product though overpriced

Cons

Literally everything else. Zero work/life balance, very low pay. Not sure how some practices are legal: a part time employee must sell the number of hours worked per week X 1000 in order to earn their $10/hr wage. I.e., an employee working 30 hrs/week must sell $30,000 a month. (And this is commission free. Don't be fooled- while commission is decent, commmisoned sales begin AFTER the monthly goal is reached.) If an employee doesn't meet their monthly goal (which is difficult, managers are competing for the same sale) then the employee is expected to work UNPAID OVERTIME until the goal is reached. Many times I've been scheduled to work 30 hrs/week and ended up working 50+ just to make my goal. Add to this issues with delivery, a cut throat environment and childish managers and you've got a recipie for disaster. I have a degree in design and a background in sales. I enjoy working in my field, but it kills me that I could honestly make much more working in fast food.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Your success is built on our backs.

"Staff"

Former Employee - Staff in Walton Hills, OH
    Former Employee - Staff in Walton Hills, OH

I worked at Arhaus Furniture (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer flex time and a comprehensive benefits package. The vacation policy is generous. There are some very nice people working there.

Cons

This is a company that is growing very fast, very quickly. Sometimes a job will outgrow the ability of the person who has been doing it for many years.

Advice to Management

Consider reassessing the competency of some of your long-term employees. Are they hiring staff members fresh out of college because they are inexpensive or because someone with experience might be a threat to their job?