Arista Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 282 reviews

3.8
Arista Networks CEO Jayshree Ullal
Jayshree Ullal

"Why do the motivated, good ones leave?"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Arista Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Game changing technology in early years. Brilliant leaders and still very much motivated leaders in Ken Duda, Andy B, Jayshree U, Anshul Sadana Hit or exceed your number and everyone leaves you alone Tremendous loyalty to pre-IPO'ers (also a Con)

Cons

Still run like a startup Only try to retain after you resign. Loyalty to a fault and causes blindspots to mgmt Many made a lot of money here since they were pre IPO, and yet they think a few RSU's will keep them there and in fact, have no idea what motivates the good people.

Advice to Management

Get ahead of things with your good people - ask them how they are doing, what would motivate them (remember they likely made a lot of money), stop keeping people around because they were A) good in the early years and B) you've known the a long time. Dig deeper into what they've actually done!

Arista Networks2017-08-23

"Excellent place to learn and develop skills as an engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Arista Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

On my team, it still feels like a smaller company. Managers take into account everyone's suggestions and there is a lot of collaboration. Engineers are given a lot of ownership and responsibility. It's an excellent place to learn and grow from working with some very talented senior engineers. I also can't imagine a better engineering/work culture -- everyone is very positive and open. Arista employs genuinely good people.

Cons

Compensation can be a bit less than average for the talent of the engineers, and especially if you are in the wrong group. A lot of people leave after their initial stock offering is fully vested. Burnout in my group is common due to the pressing demands of product schedules, but I don't know if this is so common in other groups.

Arista Networks2017-07-29
  3. "Good company"

I have been working at Arista Networks full-time

Pros

Good working environment and culture.

Cons

Benefits are not quite competitive.

Arista Networks2017-08-02
  4. "Dynamic Environment"

I have been working at Arista Networks full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance. Smart and charismatic employees. Great outlook in technology

Cons

Adapt some of its business aspects to functioning more like a mid-size company.

Advice to Management

It's best to consider your employee's thoughts and concerns about the company. Seems like management can shut out any suggestions or comments from lower level employees.

Arista Networks2017-07-28

"Very Unique Company That Is Incredibly Fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Arista Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture. Positive environment with great team camaraderie. Employees work hard and have fun on Friday socials where the company sponsors food, drinks and more. Engineers get to work on cutting edge products and the company is on the cusp of taking cloud networking solutions to another plateau. Employees and management are friendly and team oriented. I feel my contributions are part of the company success.

Cons

Need more investment in tools for all departments. Arista pay raises tend to be in line with market pay. Not to say this is bad but would like to see Arista differentiate itself from the average tech company compensation in the valley. We are a game changing organization with game changing talent.

Advice to Management

Keep leading the market in new products and features. Create compensation practices that differentiate Arista from the rest. Invest in more tools

Arista Networks2017-07-25
    • "Recruiter"

I have been working at Arista Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture with very smart leaders

Cons

Arista demands a lot of employees

Arista Networks2017-07-28
    • "Sales"

I have been working at Arista Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best product I have had the pleasure of selling Great support for clients

Cons

Keeping up with growth is the main challenge

Advice to Management

Hire quality not quantity

Arista Networks2017-07-10

"Experienced professional"

I worked at Arista Networks full-time

Pros

great products - great stock value - some very smart developers and designers

Cons

Very poor management in terms of the culture and the lack of interest in developing the company to operate like a mature, efficient organization. Management continues to run the company like a start up. Web site looks like 1990s, poor documentation, much of which is not current. Support groups outside of Engineering do not receive the support they need to improve the company. Wages for some groups are not competitive.

Arista Networks2017-06-21
    • "Software Engineer"

I have been working at Arista Networks full-time

Pros

Good culture. Less political fight.

Cons

Medical insurance not that good

Arista Networks2017-06-08

"Best place I have worked for so far"

Current Employee - California in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Arista Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Core group is solid. The group that started the company during the first 4 years (2008-2012)? are the smartest in the business. Most departments are flexible in terms of working hours as most employees are mature enough to handle their own time. Bonuses are good if you're lucky enough to be in the right department or you're visible enough. The culture and people are awesome and I wouldn't mind working here til I retire.

Cons

A few bad eggs. As the company got bigger, it was inevitable that the quality of employees went down. Don't get me wrong. The company still hires top notch people but a few inept ones eventually get in. Some directors only hire from their previous companies. Reviews mean nothing. There was once a 360 degree peer review process but I doubt management actually read them. Either that or they just don't care. People...

Advice to Management

I've seen it in my 7 years with the company so I'll start with this - When a crucial employee leaves, it is too late to match their salary. It would be good to not cherry pick who gets the ranks. A better review process that involves several levels would help with this. As mentioned above even though Arista is indeed one of the best companies I have worked for, it needs to take better care of current employees....

Arista Networks2017-04-06