Aristocrat Technologies Reviews in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

Aristocrat Technologies CEO & Managing Director Trevor Croker
Trevor Croker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance has not been achieved (in 9 reviews)

• This is due to the recent pronouncement by senior management to "honor their commitment to the out-sourcing of dev positions to India (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growing global company"

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

Fast growing company that provides great opportunities for ambitious and talented people. Fun industry based on entertainment. Widely recognized as having best products in the industry

Cons

Global footprint often provides time zone challenges when working with colleagues in different countries.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on continuing to build both the business and culture. Success is fragile.

2. "OASIS Regiona Support"

Former Employee - Software Support in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Software Support in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel to all parts of country, Europe, Bahamas, Cruise lines, heath benefits, good teammates, good managers, learn something new each day, never a dull moment, great pay, bonuses, 401k, stock

Cons

smoke from players, most players don't respect customer service, payers are too consumed with free play, dinners, drawings, points

Advice to Management

none. trust your employees' if they trust you. let them complete a job and if they mess up, show them how or help. don't yell at them!!!

3. "Morrale problems drain the life out of you - no growth offered if you aren't a fav"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really are great opportunities here, for the chosen, select few. If you’re not on the favorites list then forget about it. There are plenty of smart people here that have great ideas. But there passed by for lesser ideas offered by the favorites.

Cons

The job is not what I was sold in the interview. I shouldn’t have trusted that first date behavior I got in the beginning. My hard work did not pay off and my ideas were not welcome. This causes serious morale problems throughout. Those at the top don’t seem to care about changing it either.

Advice to Management

The changes in leadership recently #1 have not been deep enough #2 no change management followed so everyone’s walking around on eggshells waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Quit picking favorites

"Good culture and fun people"

Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We work hard and play hard. The culture is greatly improved over the past few years. The people have always been great! They are what keeps me coming back. We get lots of technology to play with and change is ever present. It's exciting to be part of growing and advanced company! Despite the white male dominance listed in cons, I have received several promotions and am part of the charge to change the culture even more!

Cons

Gaming comes with white male dominance and that is reflected at Aristocrat. They still have a few old fashioned ideas about compensation.

Advice to Management

Keep being open to new ideas. Think Bigger is great! Keep up the hard work to take us to the next level!

"Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fastest growing gaming supplier in the US.
    Global company with diverse employee base.
    Clear vision for the future with specific goals clearly articulated.
    Behaviors and values at the forefront.
    Expectations are high but achievable.
    Work/Life balance is attainable. (this is dept dependent).
    Excellent pay and benefits.
    Remote employees are appreciated and respected.
    U.S. headquarters is moving to new campus early 2019.
    We make slot machines and that's cool stuff.

Cons

Outdated ERP system. Project to replace it taking longer than expected.
    I.T. department needs significant overhaul to support the business.
    Prevalent silo mentality is difficult to bring down.
    Cultural challenges between two campuses.
    Communicating globally given time zones is challenging, however this is not unique to Aristocrat but global companies in general.
    Career path can be tough for remote employees. High achievers who are local can be fast tracked.
    At times folks within the organization need to be reminded we're in the business of entertainment, not life/death.

Advice to Management

Continually strive for continuous improvement and reaching that next level. Invest in I.T. to maintain existing infrastructure while moving towards the future.

6. "Great place to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

focused on people such as work life balance and personal development, somewhat flexible schedule, safe environment, good pto policy, business casual dress code,

Cons

systems and manual processes, informal training for new employees, generational differences with workers in the team.

Advice to Management

have formal work instructions and processes in place for the team. once a month 1-1 meetings, every permanent employee should have access to work remotely on a laptop from home at least 1-2x a month instead of always being in a cubicle.

"Artistocrat: Just Another Casino Gaming Development Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great potential, some great people, some fantastic products, great licenses, some well-run departments/teams, it is a company that has been here for decades and will be for decades more.

Cons

Obviously everywhere above that, I said "some" it was for a reason. Just like every other company you've worked at, there are good parts and really bad parts about Aristocrat. It all matters what division you are in and what line of the org chart your boss, his boss, and his boss report to. I've had fantastic experiences and I've had experiences that were so negative that they bordered on abusive. There is virtually no process, no standards, quality is all over the map, communication stalled or non-existent, lots of finger pointing, people throwing people under buses, people refusing to follow through or follow direction, etc. Just like the last place you worked, it can be sunshine or toxic clouds. It can be Friday happy hours or Saturday crunches. Can be great job for work you barely worked on and screamed at for stuff you did exactly as directed. Time for lunch yet? Roll the dice if you need a job. Maybe you'll hit a Big Win.

Advice to Management

Quit picking favorites; with your teams and especially with your managers. Don't manage through negativity. Don't tell me I'm Agile than Waterfall me. It is the dawn of the new technical age. The Age of Dinosaurs is OVER. The future is about Integrations. Learn to collaborate globally within your organization, unify process and platforms on an International level or DIE! Just like everyone else is doing and not doing.

"Human Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance and great benefits including compensation. Nice maternity leave benefits, great vacation policy. That's about it! You're lured in by the recruiting team with these incentives, but when you start it's true what they say, " all that glitters is not gold"!

Cons

No trust amongst the HR team, you are constantly warned about what team members you cannot trust, because some of them have direct relationships with the Australian corporate office and will get you fired if they don't like you. Which harbors an environment that creates a lack of security. In my first week I was told, "let's face it none of us are going to retire from here... we're just getting by until we find the next best thing." You will also notice " different strokes for different folks" attitude, no structure or processes in place. Finance department handles many of HR's functions, because of the inconsistencies and lack of trust "the business" has in the HR department. The HR structure is flawed, you feel as though you're set up to fail. HR leadership doesn't care, they too recognize how flawed the department is but when they express their concerns with CHRO, they claim she's not open to hearing feed back and is defensive. So everyone just sits back does the bare minimum to get by and collect a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Need to go back to basics and really figure out what kind of HR team you want because just saying " Bigger badder HR" does not make it so.

9. "Receiveing"

Current Employee - Receiver/Lift Trainer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Receiver/Lift Trainer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people great place very busy company

Cons

changes! in the work place problem training people

Advice to Management

NO i enjoy the work .

"Global engagement survey results are terrible for the USA"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

They pay well so you have to stay, other companies Vegas don't pay as much

Cons

Our manager just shared the results of the global survey with our team. Wow. I didn't know it was that bad. Very low engagement across the company but stunning to see the US in such bad shape. Really makes everyone in our department feel good to tell the truth. Something has to be done about our culture. It is rotten to the core. If you are applying to work here, ask for the survey results, the data speaks for itself.

Advice to Management

We won't last with the terrible US culture