Aristocrat Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aristocrat Technologies CEO & Managing Director Trevor Croker
Trevor Croker

Pros
  • Encourages high achievement but still provides fantastic work-life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Work life Balance & work environment is good (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance hard at times (in 8 reviews)

• This is due to the recent pronouncement by senior management to "honor their commitment to the out-sourcing of dev positions to India (in 10 reviews)

"... best job of my several decade career"

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse, Talented People
    Awesome Culture & Location
    Cool Amenities (Barista, Arcade...)

Cons

Sometimes it takes me 50 minutes to get to work

Advice to Management

Stay diligent and selective with personalities & skill sets of future employees to preserve our culture.

"Artistocrat: Just Another Casino Gaming Development Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great potential, some great people, some fantastic products, great licenses, some well-run departments/teams, it is a company that has been here for decades and will be for decades more.

Cons

Obviously everywhere above that, I said "some" it was for a reason. Just like every other company you've worked at, there are good parts and really bad parts about Aristocrat. It all matters what division you are in and what line of the org chart your boss, his boss, and his boss report to. I've had fantastic experiences and I've had experiences that were so negative that they bordered on abusive. There is virtually no process, no standards, quality is all over the map, communication stalled or non-existent, lots of finger pointing, people throwing people under buses, people refusing to follow through or follow direction, etc. Just like the last place you worked, it can be sunshine or toxic clouds. It can be Friday happy hours or Saturday crunches. Can be great job for work you barely worked on and screamed at for stuff you did exactly as directed. Time for lunch yet? Roll the dice if you need a job. Maybe you'll hit a Big Win.

Advice to Management

Quit picking favorites; with your teams and especially with your managers. Don't manage through negativity. Don't tell me I'm Agile than Waterfall me. It is the dawn of the new technical age. The Age of Dinosaurs is OVER. The future is about Integrations. Learn to collaborate globally within your organization, unify process and platforms on an International level or DIE! Just like everyone else is doing and not doing.

"Human Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance and great benefits including compensation. Nice maternity leave benefits, great vacation policy. That's about it! You're lured in by the recruiting team with these incentives, but when you start it's true what they say, " all that glitters is not gold"!

Cons

No trust amongst the HR team, you are constantly warned about what team members you cannot trust, because some of them have direct relationships with the Australian corporate office and will get you fired if they don't like you. Which harbors an environment that creates a lack of security. In my first week I was told, "let's face it none of us are going to retire from here... we're just getting by until we find the next best thing." You will also notice " different strokes for different folks" attitude, no structure or processes in place. Finance department handles many of HR's functions, because of the inconsistencies and lack of trust "the business" has in the HR department. The HR structure is flawed, you feel as though you're set up to fail. HR leadership doesn't care, they too recognize how flawed the department is but when they express their concerns with CHRO, they claim she's not open to hearing feed back and is defensive. So everyone just sits back does the bare minimum to get by and collect a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Need to go back to basics and really figure out what kind of HR team you want because just saying " Bigger badder HR" does not make it so.

"A great place to be an engineer"

Current Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really appreciated the company culture. The folks here are smart, as well as considerate. The company stresses success but prioritize the employee's well being.

From a technology environment, the culture pushes you to innovate and expand your expertise. You are given the necessary tools to succeed, and management is aware that technology drives the products.

I have only been here about 8 months, but I have been in the technology sector for decades. I can say is one of the better jobs out there.

Cons

you have to accept that this company makes gambling-based products.

Advice to Management

expand the product line to skilled-based games.

6. "Gaming wihtout the grind and awesome people"

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gaming without the grind. Bright future, different opportunities for growth and advancement. CTO sits in Austin, nice to have leadership close. Fun place to work, awesome new office in the domain with gameroom.

Cons

Some teams in different offices can be difficult to work with at times, but management always has your back.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering your employees.

7. "Receiveing"

Current Employee - Receiver/Lift Trainer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Receiver/Lift Trainer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people great place very busy company

Cons

changes! in the work place problem training people

Advice to Management

NO i enjoy the work .

8. "Enjoyable Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Tech Artist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Tech Artist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

- Travel
    - Working with a team of talented creatives
    - Stable
    - People care about you and acknowledge your presence pretty often

Cons

On-boarding could use work by giving teaching new employees even more about the past games, a practice project to better and more quickly learn the studio's production style and process, and a way to clearly introduce all the terms and mechanics in casino games.

"Global engagement survey results are terrible for the USA"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

They pay well so you have to stay, other companies Vegas don't pay as much

Cons

Our manager just shared the results of the global survey with our team. Wow. I didn't know it was that bad. Very low engagement across the company but stunning to see the US in such bad shape. Really makes everyone in our department feel good to tell the truth. Something has to be done about our culture. It is rotten to the core. If you are applying to work here, ask for the survey results, the data speaks for itself.

Advice to Management

We won't last with the terrible US culture

10. "Looking forward to starting"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Hope to become permanent and hope to retire from in about 20 years and hoping to learn new things and work my way up in the company

Cons

I'm surprised that the parking lot is small will need to park in the street but I'm willing to do this

Advice to Management

Need to look to expand employee parking

"New in Human Resources"

Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team was warm friendly, answered many of my questions during interview process, the relocation process has been flawless (moved from 3k miles away), and great welcoming experience as a new hire.
    Very flexible environment for work life balance, all the folks on the team want to WIN!
    Truly a global company that needs global thinkers and leaders.

Cons

Lots of personnel changes so you must be flexible to change. From what I can see, it is all for the better as Aristocrat continues to grow as a global leader/.