Aristocrat Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aristocrat Technologies CEO & Managing Director Trevor Croker
Trevor Croker

Pros
  • Encourages high achievement but still provides fantastic work-life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Work life Balance & work environment is good (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance hard at times (in 8 reviews)

• This is due to the recent pronouncement by senior management to "honor their commitment to the out-sourcing of dev positions to India (in 10 reviews)

1. "."

Pros

Company is trying to be more innovative

Cons

Poor project management , limited innovation

2. "Aristocrat"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company and has a potential to be # 1

Cons

IT infrastructure and systems are inadequate

"Human Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance and great benefits including compensation. Nice maternity leave benefits, great vacation policy. That's about it! You're lured in by the recruiting team with these incentives, but when you start it's true what they say, " all that glitters is not gold"!

Cons

No trust amongst the HR team, you are constantly warned about what team members you cannot trust, because some of them have direct relationships with the Australian corporate office and will get you fired if they don't like you. Which harbors an environment that creates a lack of security. In my first week I was told, "let's face it none of us are going to retire from here... we're just getting by until we find the next best thing." You will also notice " different strokes for different folks" attitude, no structure or processes in place. Finance department handles many of HR's functions, because of the inconsistencies and lack of trust "the business" has in the HR department. The HR structure is flawed, you feel as though you're set up to fail. HR leadership doesn't care, they too recognize how flawed the department is but when they express their concerns with CHRO, they claim she's not open to hearing feed back and is defensive. So everyone just sits back does the bare minimum to get by and collect a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Need to go back to basics and really figure out what kind of HR team you want because just saying " Bigger badder HR" does not make it so.

5. "business development systems"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive Systems in North Ryde (Australia)

Pros

being surrounded by so many people who have a passionate drive to over achieve and are talented people who will help you develop

Cons

hard to really say ive seen too many negatives, i think theres alot of pressure to improve my particular area, im not sure if i have really seen the complete picture yet which would help my understanding

Advice to Management

as someone who comes from a background of companies who havent really given culture much more thought than the minimum required "box ticking" i cant speak highly enough of the effort re culture

"Artistocrat: Just Another Casino Gaming Development Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great potential, some great people, some fantastic products, great licenses, some well-run departments/teams, it is a company that has been here for decades and will be for decades more.

Cons

Obviously everywhere above that, I said "some" it was for a reason. Just like every other company you've worked at, there are good parts and really bad parts about Aristocrat. It all matters what division you are in and what line of the org chart your boss, his boss, and his boss report to. I've had fantastic experiences and I've had experiences that were so negative that they bordered on abusive. There is virtually no process, no standards, quality is all over the map, communication stalled or non-existent, lots of finger pointing, people throwing people under buses, people refusing to follow through or follow direction, etc. Just like the last place you worked, it can be sunshine or toxic clouds. It can be Friday happy hours or Saturday crunches. Can be great job for work you barely worked on and screamed at for stuff you did exactly as directed. Time for lunch yet? Roll the dice if you need a job. Maybe you'll hit a Big Win.

Advice to Management

Quit picking favorites; with your teams and especially with your managers. Don't manage through negativity. Don't tell me I'm Agile than Waterfall me. It is the dawn of the new technical age. The Age of Dinosaurs is OVER. The future is about Integrations. Learn to collaborate globally within your organization, unify process and platforms on an International level or DIE! Just like everyone else is doing and not doing.

7. "Hit and miss"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic offices in every location.
    Fairly relaxed working environment.
    Some brilliant minds in the business.
    Plenty of opportunities to move within the business.

Cons

Poor leadership - particularly level below CEO
    Working around slot machines takes its toll.
    Industry is far from innovative.
    Experience at the company is not respected when seeking other employment opportunities.

Advice to Management

Look outside your own walls for genuine leaders, and take inspiration from other industries to become a real R&D leader.

"Leadership team needs questioning"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

ANZ Leadership needs a shake up - too many chiefs and not enough action
    Management roles given to those that haven't got the skills
    Culture is talked about all the time - long way to go on creating a great culture overall the business
    North Ryde isnt the greatest place to work
    Traffic

Cons

Opportunities within the business to move departments
    Nice people
    Diversity
    Women leadership team
    Parking

Advice to Management

Stop being so top heaving in management
    Dont just talk about the importance of culture - practice it
    Red tape when it comes to making decisions internally

"Global engagement survey results are terrible for the USA"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

They pay well so you have to stay, other companies Vegas don't pay as much

Cons

Our manager just shared the results of the global survey with our team. Wow. I didn't know it was that bad. Very low engagement across the company but stunning to see the US in such bad shape. Really makes everyone in our department feel good to tell the truth. Something has to be done about our culture. It is rotten to the core. If you are applying to work here, ask for the survey results, the data speaks for itself.

Advice to Management

We won't last with the terrible US culture

10. "Receiveing"

Current Employee - Receiver/Lift Trainer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Receiver/Lift Trainer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people great place very busy company

Cons

changes! in the work place problem training people

Advice to Management

NO i enjoy the work .

"A great place to be an engineer"

Current Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really appreciated the company culture. The folks here are smart, as well as considerate. The company stresses success but prioritize the employee's well being.

From a technology environment, the culture pushes you to innovate and expand your expertise. You are given the necessary tools to succeed, and management is aware that technology drives the products.

I have only been here about 8 months, but I have been in the technology sector for decades. I can say is one of the better jobs out there.

Cons

you have to accept that this company makes gambling-based products.

Advice to Management

expand the product line to skilled-based games.