Aristocrat Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Aristocrat Technologies Reviews

Updated January 10, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You can work independently or as part of a team; decent work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits about average for Las Vegas (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance has not been achieved (in 11 reviews)

• This is due to the recent pronouncement by senior management to "honor their commitment to the out-sourcing of dev positions to India (in 11 reviews)

1. "Vice President"

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

Continuous improvement philosophy through out the business. Focus on Quality and improve at every opportunity. Positive culture with values and behaviors at the core of our business.

Cons

High expectations and accountability. Work life balance has not been achieved.

Advice to Management

Invest in oneself through personal development. The opportunity is there.

"Morrale problems drain the life out of you - no growth offered if you aren't a fav"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really are great opportunities here, for the chosen, select few. If you’re not on the favorites list then forget about it. There are plenty of smart people here that have great ideas. But there passed by for lesser ideas offered by the favorites.

Cons

The job is not what I was sold in the interview. I shouldn’t have trusted that first date behavior I got in the beginning. My hard work did not pay off and my ideas were not welcome. This causes serious morale problems throughout. Those at the top don’t seem to care about changing it either.

Advice to Management

The changes in leadership recently #1 have not been deep enough #2 no change management followed so everyone’s walking around on eggshells waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Quit picking favorites

3. "Lucky to Be a Teammate"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for; above average benefit programs; excellent culture. You'll never know how great a company is until you've work for a bad one. This is a great company

Cons

None; the employees who work here are very passionate about it's success

Advice to Management

Continue to foster engagement and encourage distraction to drive success

4. "Aristocrat Technologies (A Great Place To Work)"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great People to work with. Fun and exciting environment. Fantastic benefits. Company has vision and strategy in future growth. Internal training processes best in this field.

Cons

No Cons. Research your career opportunity and apply now.

Advice to Management

Continue to work the UDDP (Unite, Develop, Deliver, Play) and company growth.

5. "Overall a great place to work"

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

Fun company, has made great strides in the past couple of years to become a great place to work. Company has been growing and is becoming a leader in the industry.

Cons

A lot of changes in senior leadership in recent months, which can make employees a little nervous. Changes in senior leadership which could result in change in vision

"Good culture and fun people"

Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We work hard and play hard. The culture is greatly improved over the past few years. The people have always been great! They are what keeps me coming back. We get lots of technology to play with and change is ever present. It's exciting to be part of growing and advanced company! Despite the white male dominance listed in cons, I have received several promotions and am part of the charge to change the culture even more!

Cons

Gaming comes with white male dominance and that is reflected at Aristocrat. They still have a few old fashioned ideas about compensation.

Advice to Management

Keep being open to new ideas. Think Bigger is great! Keep up the hard work to take us to the next level!

"Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fastest growing gaming supplier in the US.
    Global company with diverse employee base.
    Clear vision for the future with specific goals clearly articulated.
    Behaviors and values at the forefront.
    Expectations are high but achievable.
    Work/Life balance is attainable. (this is dept dependent).
    Excellent pay and benefits.
    Remote employees are appreciated and respected.
    U.S. headquarters is moving to new campus early 2019.
    We make slot machines and that's cool stuff.

Cons

Outdated ERP system. Project to replace it taking longer than expected.
    I.T. department needs significant overhaul to support the business.
    Prevalent silo mentality is difficult to bring down.
    Cultural challenges between two campuses.
    Communicating globally given time zones is challenging, however this is not unique to Aristocrat but global companies in general.
    Career path can be tough for remote employees. High achievers who are local can be fast tracked.
    At times folks within the organization need to be reminded we're in the business of entertainment, not life/death.

Advice to Management

Continually strive for continuous improvement and reaching that next level. Invest in I.T. to maintain existing infrastructure while moving towards the future.

8. "Great place to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

focused on people such as work life balance and personal development, somewhat flexible schedule, safe environment, good pto policy, business casual dress code,

Cons

systems and manual processes, informal training for new employees, generational differences with workers in the team.

Advice to Management

have formal work instructions and processes in place for the team. once a month 1-1 meetings, every permanent employee should have access to work remotely on a laptop from home at least 1-2x a month instead of always being in a cubicle.

9. "Aristocrat"

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

Bonus payout and good people

Cons

too few employees for the job

Advice to Management

Add heads

"Artistocrat: Just Another Casino Gaming Development Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great potential, some great people, some fantastic products, great licenses, some well-run departments/teams, it is a company that has been here for decades and will be for decades more.

Cons

Obviously everywhere above that, I said "some" it was for a reason. Just like every other company you've worked at, there are good parts and really bad parts about Aristocrat. It all matters what division you are in and what line of the org chart your boss, his boss, and his boss report to. I've had fantastic experiences and I've had experiences that were so negative that they bordered on abusive. There is virtually no process, no standards, quality is all over the map, communication stalled or non-existent, lots of finger pointing, people throwing people under buses, people refusing to follow through or follow direction, etc. Just like the last place you worked, it can be sunshine or toxic clouds. It can be Friday happy hours or Saturday crunches. Can be great job for work you barely worked on and screamed at for stuff you did exactly as directed. Time for lunch yet? Roll the dice if you need a job. Maybe you'll hit a Big Win.

Advice to Management

Quit picking favorites; with your teams and especially with your managers. Don't manage through negativity. Don't tell me I'm Agile than Waterfall me. It is the dawn of the new technical age. The Age of Dinosaurs is OVER. The future is about Integrations. Learn to collaborate globally within your organization, unify process and platforms on an International level or DIE! Just like everyone else is doing and not doing.