Aritzia Reviews | Glassdoor

Aritzia CEO Brian Hill
Brian Hill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance during holiday" (in 64 reviews)

• "Competitive between sales associates depending on store" (in 42 reviews)

1. "Style Advisor"

Current Employee - N/A in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - N/A in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aritzia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fun team, fun environment, good pay, nice discount

Cons

better management, more side by side, get to know your team, trainings

Advice to Management

be more serious

2. "Senior Sales Associate"

I worked at Aritzia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Began my career at Aritzia. If you are driven and ambitious, you this is the place for you. I met some amazing people, had incredible experiences, and learned a lot during my time with this company. Travel with the company is a possibility, if you’ve done the work and are established in your store. Dynamic and passionate leaders and team mates. It takes a lot out of you, but it’s an unforgettable experience, and I still value and apply it to my current career.

Cons

Little work/life balance if you are FT. Cattiness within teams in some markets as the emphasis on selling and commission is the driving incentive in sales associates. Prepare to work your a** off. Some are cut out for that, others aren’t.

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Boutique Associate
    Current Employee - Boutique Associate

I have been working at Aritzia part-time

Pros

The people are nice.

Cons

The discount for seasonal sucks (only 30%), the clothes are still really expensive even with the discount. SAs get 40% and was kind of expecting that. Nothing is communicated to you. It took me 2 months to know if I was hired (another BA I talked to had a similar experience). Expected to flex between different roles but provides minimal to no training. Lastly, shifts are ad-hoc. You may not be scheduled at all for weeks on end until they need you on short noticed.

Advice to Management

Better accountability and stronger communication from the store managers. Also, I know BAs are there for a limited amount of time, but it would be beneficial to train them. The 1-hr training that was provided didn't even cover how to ring a customer up or how to clock in/out.

4. "Great People, Awful Environment"

Former Employee - Style Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Style Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at Aritzia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aritzia hires great people
    Discount
    Higher pay than other retail jobs

Cons

Favoritism
    Cutthroat Environment
    Extreme micromanaging
    High stress
    No work/life balance
    Senior team is an "in crowd" that thinks extremely highly of themselves

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, get organized, have empathy and understanding for employees, get off your high horse

5. "Unhealthy competitive environment due to systematic issues"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aritzia part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was alright, and it seemed like there is opportunity to be quite nicely paid. Their employee turnover is pretty low, so obviously they're doing something to keep people on that long.

Cons

This company produces an unhealthy competitive environment for making sales that is also a bad experience for customers. As a former customer, I always hated how aggressive the salespeople were to get me into a dressing room. As an employee, I found out this is because your number of hours is determined by your sales numbers and can vary wildly depending on how you do the week before. This creates an aggressive environment where employees are fighting over customers so they can get enough hours to make ends meat. This is a systematic problem that needs to change.

6. "ARITZIA"

I worked at Aritzia part-time

Pros

They had a good discount

Cons

There was a very competitive atmosphere

7. "Sales Associate"

I have been working at Aritzia full-time

Pros

40% discount
    Room for Growth

Cons

Management and Team Development needs work

"Terribly Judgmental and Uncomfortable atmosphere"

Current Employee - Style Advisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Style Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Aritzia part-time

Pros

high pay, discount is good

Cons

rude and unresponsive managers, you will not be scheduled unless you are top seller, no one will tell you if you are doing something wrong, but they will treat you as if you are incompetent, expectations are unreal

9. "Store manager"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aritzia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aritzia is by far the best of the best in terms of retail. It is so inspiring to work alongside such an amazing group of strong, beautiful, and tenacious ladies. It is nice to know your voice is heard here, and you can truly have the ability to run your own business.

Cons

Not applicable at this time.

10. "Nice people, poor structure"

Pros

The people are nice and hardworking, good pay, nice clothes. Discount is 40% which is nice, 50% off every brand twice a year.

Cons

In comparison to my other retails jobs, being a “style advisor” at Aritzia (a salesperson) is very odd. The managers push for genuineness to the point where it’s insincere. They have me repeat back to them what they want me to say to the client, and yet wants it to be “natural”. Want to you spend time to get to know the client, but when there’s a rush, don’t take time at the register or on the floor. They expect you to know a persons whole life in the span of 10-15 minutes. I was in the middle of a conversation when one of the “SSA’s” (basically special name for a salesperson who sells a lot) closed my sale and told my customer to have a good day. A SAM (senior salesperson, you have to be with the company for more than 5 yrs) asked a woman “omg you live there? There’s so many homeless people and junkies!” How does a senior salesperson feel comfortable asking that question? Do go backs, but also check on your customer, and the one minute that you leave to do go backs, your customer asks someone else for something and they decide to take that client because you weren’t there or “not checking up on her”. They’re very anal about small things, it’s almost unproductive.

Advice to Management

“It’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind” sounds really strange. Also, let us close the ******* doors, your patrons are freezing their butts off to the point where they don’t want to try anything on because it’s too cold to get undressed.