KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Aritzia

Engaged Employer

Aritzia

Add a Review

Aritzia Employee Reviews about "catty"

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Found 111 of over 1,862 reviews

3.7
Aritzia CEO      Brian Hill
Brian Hill

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aritzia and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "catty"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great Experience

Mar 12, 2020 - Style Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I love how I got to get close to the group of girls I worked with. -Found a community through this part-time job. -Encouraging -Good discounts and benefits, such as often promotions/raises

Cons

-It felt like a full-time job when in reality it was part-time. -It can become a little catty with girls who are gung ho for their sales.

2. 3.0

Great company, toxic culture

Nov 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The store discount is great

Cons

the environment is cliquey and catty

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Rewarding if you work hard

Oct 13, 2021 - Style Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an Aritzia style advisor for a little under the past year, I would recommend Aritzia to someone looking for an opportunity in retail. Aritzia as a business has been extremely successful the past few years, especially in comparison to many retailers during covid. Business here is booming. Senior stylists and managers make bonuses on top of an already competitive pay. If you start as a style advisor you can work your way up to a senior stylist advisor, if you maintain at least 600 in sales per hour after a full season you qualify. If you work hard, you'll be rewarded. Most senior style advisors ( in CA) start at 24+ an hour plus bonuses a few times a year. Some SSA's make much more than that but also have been with the company for years.

Cons

Not everyone can keep up with the pace of Aritzia and many employees come and go. Aritzia is the most intense retail store I've ever worked at and sometimes you can be so busy it's difficult to take your break. Aritzia is also a competitive work place, as all sales advisors are expected to meet a minimum sales per hour so things with co workers can sometimes get catty. Your hours are based on your sales, if you're not making sales, you won't get hours. However, as long as you put in effort and work hard you should be fine. The first couple of months can be rough as you get used to the work style- after you adjust it gets easier.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

ok

Jan 19, 2021 - Style Advisor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits and bonuses. good employee discount

Cons

had some catty coworkers in the location i worked at

5. 3.0

Eh

Sep 14, 2020 - Style Advisor in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great co-workers, good store sales, most efficient retail store I've worked at

Cons

management is not diverse, supposed to deal with catty girls and wealthier customer base

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pointlessly competitive, catty, bad management

Aug 1, 2020 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discount was 40% and upon being hired, you’re given a monster discount to use for a certain amount of items

Cons

Extremely competitive for a job that wasn’t even commission based. The girls were very catty and would make comments like “that’s my customer” or “that’s my sale” right in front of the client. Management was a joke- Store managers evidently have no role within the store and ours would just wander around refusing to correct the rude behavior from the staff or try to coach the girls who we’re struggling. They base your hours off of numbers so prepare to constantly have sales stolen and watch half the staff cry every other day. It didn’t matter how hard you worked, how fairly you try to play or how much you hustle, if you’re not the managers’ favorite, you’re done. I would have the highest SPH some weeks and my shifts would get shortened or cut with little to no notice or just given to their favorite employee. A third party makes the schedules so managers use that to their advantage when they say “we have no control over the schedule, it’s all performance based”. Even when you’re hired with the specification of a certain amount of hours, they don’t tell you that half the time, you probably won’t get them unless you’re literally running around taking every single customer and being a shark 24/7. They staff judged customers and would call dibs on “MD’s” or mother-daughters because that’s who they were told would typically spend the most. Any customer who didn’t have a designer bag or look rich was automatically ignored or just given a polite smile and nod. There was even clear discrimination within the staff. Management would tell us we were “sustainable” when in reality, the amount of plastic we would unpack was ungodly. I had the highest of hopes to come and work for this company- my dream company- and I was absolutely disgusted with the way the location was ran. Even an employee who had worked at another location had mentioned that this particular location was a joke and a horrible work environment. Truly the worst job I have ever had.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0

Would Never Recommend

Jan 10, 2020 - Style Advisor in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay for working in retail Good discount on the products

Cons

Micromanaged A TON - always felt pressure to sell so much in so little time. Everything we did was watched and critiqued. Felt as if I could never do anything right. Girls are catty and do not support each other. Very little work/life balance - I felt drained at the end of the week.

8. 1.0

Uncomfortable Atmosphere

Oct 1, 2019 - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Playlist is decent Some of the clothes are cute and not overpriced when you consider the discount

Cons

-Management pushes too aggressively for you to meet your sales per hour even though we are not given a commission. -For every customer, you had to know their name, where they are from, what they needed and a neat fact about them. Mind you I worked at a flagship store which means it was two stories and we were right in the middle of San Francisco. So the number of people coming in and out was insane. -Unrealistic expectations: Most of us were going to school and working and they wanted us to work until we couldn't anymore. The only associates that succeeded were people that worked there full time because this was their entire life. If you want a part-time job and you're going to school I would not recommend. I got paid more working at Nordstrom without all the stress. -Very very catty atmosphere -I would constantly hear managers talking about other employees/managers. Just very unprofessional all around. Managers and employees would go out together which would cause problems later on because the line would be blurred.

9. 2.0

Disappointing experience working at Aritzia

May 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

An ok discount on non-sale items.

Cons

Other employees often had bad attitudes toward customers and one another. Became a catty environment.

10. 2.0

Stylist Advisor

Apr 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent if you're still a student

Cons

Horrible management. super competitive. you're working with a bunch of people with no degree or still in college. Unprofessional working environment. Very catty and fast-paced. Everyone has there clicks and favorites, don't bother trying to get comfortable.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 111 Reviews