KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Aritzia

Engaged Employer

Aritzia

Add a Review

Aritzia Employee Reviews about "hour"

Updated Jun 29, 2022

Found 44 of over 1,923 reviews

3.7
Aritzia Founder/Executive Chair and CEO Brian Hill and Jennifer Wong
Brian Hill and Jennifer Wong

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aritzia and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "hour"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

Managers need to learn how to set a better example

Mar 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for retail (could be higher since we are forced to sell 30x the amount we make in an hour). Good music. Discounts are ok BUT should be much higher considering we need to wear the clothes from there to sell it. You meet some great people at times, and you become very fashionable too

Cons

Really tries to enforce teamwork yet sometimes the managers can be extremely hypocritical, and would side with other girls causing you to feel like you're working ALONE. managers will steal your sales even though it doesn't even matter if they sell or not.

2. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Jul 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- We work with the best in the industry - the people are amazing - Opportunity for growth - Open concept office - Beautiful gym facility and great classes lead by Vancouver's favorite fitness instructors (boxing, pilates, yoga, HIIT, spin + more) - Competitive pay

Cons

- No RRSP matching, pension, MSP coverage - Lack of parking in the area - Not a ton of flexibility to work from home or remotely - Longer working hours (45 hour work week)

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible values

Feb 1, 2016 - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-40% discount -satisfaction if you hit your sales goals

Cons

-Spotty training. They basically give you one hour of 'welcome abroad' training and expect you to know and learn everything by yourself. -Horrible scheduling. Who gives two hour shifts? -Long closings. Can take up to 2 hours after closing. Don't get paid overtime after 1 hour mark. 30 minute breaks are also not paid. -cliquey and catty coworkers who steal your sales -Unrealisticly high expectations for employees. Minimum sales per hour is $350 at my location. I am working part time and is basically brand new in retail and I am expected to compete with senior sales advisors who have been working in the field for a very long time. -they care more about sales than the employees well being. I was deathly sick once and was not allowed to on break until I have finished maintaining my section. Not to mention it was Christmas season. It's almost impossible to make a section look perfect when customers are constantly coming in and messing things up every 2 minutes. - I could go on with the cons..

4. 4.0

N/A

Jan 24, 2022 - Style Advisor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

No dress code and fairly reasonable rules to follow

Cons

Have to sell $350 an hour or more to even be eligible to receive hours to work. You don’t make the quota you don’t get hours

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Rewarding if you work hard

Oct 13, 2021 - Style Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an Aritzia style advisor for a little under the past year, I would recommend Aritzia to someone looking for an opportunity in retail. Aritzia as a business has been extremely successful the past few years, especially in comparison to many retailers during covid. Business here is booming. Senior stylists and managers make bonuses on top of an already competitive pay. If you start as a style advisor you can work your way up to a senior stylist advisor, if you maintain at least 600 in sales per hour after a full season you qualify. If you work hard, you'll be rewarded. Most senior style advisors ( in CA) start at 24+ an hour plus bonuses a few times a year. Some SSA's make much more than that but also have been with the company for years.

Cons

Not everyone can keep up with the pace of Aritzia and many employees come and go. Aritzia is the most intense retail store I've ever worked at and sometimes you can be so busy it's difficult to take your break. Aritzia is also a competitive work place, as all sales advisors are expected to meet a minimum sales per hour so things with co workers can sometimes get catty. Your hours are based on your sales, if you're not making sales, you won't get hours. However, as long as you put in effort and work hard you should be fine. The first couple of months can be rough as you get used to the work style- after you adjust it gets easier.

6. 4.0

Good environment

Feb 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice staff, good discounts and friendly customers

Cons

competitive sales per hour on shop floor

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Terrible, favoritism, stressful for no reason

Apr 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Clothing discount, still very expensive clothing

Cons

-I have had at least 7 instances where I did not receive a break during a 9 hour shift -Favoritism is insane, it is appalling -Regional manager is extremely rude, also favors like crazy -Some managers were not quick enough on their feet, would panic and start freaking out in front of the customer EVEN IF YOU HAD EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL -Out of the 11 months I worked there I've only seen 2 people resign, everyone else just leaves out of the blue because they can't handle it anymore -Micromanaging -Managers are passive aggressive -Managers don't know what they are talking about because a bunch of them don't sell themselves -Managers emphasize on communication but don't communicate to each other about telling what SAs should do -Extremely strict about time but they are always late too -I worked there for 11 months and apparently if you have a certain SPH for a season you get a raise, all I did was improve and I never got a raise. I would have an SPH of $700 and above and still have the same hourly rate as someone that had an SPH of $350

8. 1.0

Disgusting

Oct 3, 2016 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

- 40% discount - nice customers - generous starting pay

Cons

Where to begin.. - Working here had to be one of the worst experiences of my life. - The amount of pressure this job puts on you is way too much for a retail job. - Training is in no way adequate, especially when it comes to maintenance of your section - Sales per hour (SPH) are the determining factor in whether or not you receive shifts. - The pressure to sell created such a toxic work environment on the sales floor - Stealing sales and backstabbing are very common even and there is so much cattiness and gossiping amongst sales girls and even senior management - Management expects you to maintain your section, run clothes out of fits and maintain a 400$ SPH all at the same time, it honestly makes no sense. - Senior Sales Associates and Sales Specialists would steal sales from junior staff with no consequences - Management tries to promote the idea that you are all a team however this is pretty much impossible as every day it feels like you are fighting to keep your job - Management is highly unprofessional and will play favourites among staff - The company is almost cult-like - Schedule comes out on Saturday or Sunday for the next week so essentially you must plan your life around the job - They will give you 3 hour shifts if you are not a top performer - They would cut hours while still recruiting new people - After three months they expect you to be performing at the same level as girls that have been there for years, if not they fire you. - They do not value you as an employee unless you make them $$$ and the minimum of 350$ will not cut it - If you shop here and feel like the employees are unpleasant its most likely because they're miserable

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Never again!

Apr 13, 2013 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the clothes are nice and the music is pretty good. It is also fun helping customers outfit themselves.

Cons

Management expects you to keep a really high sales per hour while keeping up with your maintenance but they are very specific about how everything should look so maintenance takes up a LOT of time. If you don't keep a high sales per hour you risk getting your hours cut and eventually termination. There is also rampant favoritism and cattiness that goes around with makes for a demotivating environment. A lot of bullying from managers and they show no respect if they don't like you (i.e. cutting your shifts right before you start without telling you so when you get there you just turn right around and go home, publicly criticizing you in front of coworkers over what would seem like a very small matter to a rational human being, etc) Breaks are unpaid and even if you work a 10 hour shift you get only a half hour break. The vast majority of people I worked with were so condescending I couldn't believe they were for real. Wasn't paid for the correct amount of hours. Wouldn't be that big of a deal but it sucks so bad working at this place it'd sure be nice to be paid for the correct amount of hours worked. I honestly don't think I had a single shift where I felt good or even neutral afterwards - just glad it was over! All of the above factors make it a deplorable work environment. It was literally so gross working here I don't even know if I will still shop at this place in the future.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

One of the most toxic, immoral workplace in Canada

Feb 26, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly, supportive colleagues on the same level - Discount on clothing

Cons

- Unrealistic long hours: Work contract stated the typical weekly hour to put in is 45hrs. I had colleagues who are putting in about 60hours a week, and working from their phones on holidays - Leadership is helpless, directionless and subjected to conflicts & internal politics between their departments. This is apparent in the way they couldn't address their direct reports' concerns of accusations against them that aren't true. - Lack of self-awareness in the leadership level. Apart from the IT team, we've witnessed countless times when colleagues names were being called and summoned into their boss' office to be spoken to in a confrontational tone of voice. This is almost a daily occurrence. People became bobbleheads, driven by fear of being berated upon to not hold a transparent conversation - Majority of new starters were not given a professional development plan, but again who has the time to do so when you're already busy putting out fires and worked to the bone as soon as you start. Lack of mentorship and support is proven to be detrimental to employees' mental health as new starters who are soft spoken and kind have since become a passive aggressive, unempathetic and confrontational human being. It's a sad reality - No team bonding or celebratory gatherings/decorations, even during the most exciting times of the year - Christmas and Halloween

14 people found this review helpful