KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Arizona Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2022

Found 66 of over 66 reviews

3.8
Arizona Federal Credit Union President Ronald Westad (no image)
Ronald Westad

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and great people to work with.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 6 reviews)
  • "Time off and staff and people(in 4 reviews)
  • "Decent pto, benefits start day one, CEO is present day one as well.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Care about employees and about your future(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "The rules keep changing they are so the management looks good, unfortunately it stresses out the people doing the actual work(in 6 reviews)
  • "Leadership in the branches can be a letdown, I worked here for three years and had five different managers.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good Diversity

Jun 9, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work culture is diverse.

Cons

The absence policy needs an overhaul.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to grow in

May 16, 2022 - Training Mentor in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO Work/Life balance PTO Sundays off Lots of advancement opportunities.

Cons

High turn over rate in branches. Most associates want to work from home which makes branch life difficult.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Leadership

Apr 4, 2022 - Commercial Credit Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being new to the world of finance, I could not be more grateful for the competent and encouraging team of leadership at AZFCU.

Cons

Software transition has been somewhat challenging.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome Place to Work

Mar 10, 2022 - General Counsel in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great employees, great culture, great benefits!

Cons

Only operate in Arizona and limited field of membership

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stay far away from here

Jul 17, 2021 - Personal Banker in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pros were the co workers were nice.

Cons

There is so many horrible things about working here , I can start by saying the technology is so behind and outdated it’s really sad honestly. The new account opening process is like pulling teeth , the say their loan processing is so straight forward when in reality it’s all over the place and needs an update as well. The manager at my location was targeting me from day one and I could feel her negative energy every time she was in. They also will write down everything you have to say in a one on one meeting and turn your words against you , they also don’t ask if it’s okay to record / write down everything you say , making you feel extremely uncomfortable. The clientele that I had to work with at the colonnade was disturbing and they were the rudest people I’ve ever had to interact with in my career in the financial industry. Also your work life balance is non existent , the early morning meetings to the doors not being locked until 6:05pm and you having to help people who continue to walk in after 6:00pm which is closing time. It’s asinine, nobody should be able to get serviced after 6:00 we have been there for 9 hours and don’t appreciate having to bend over backwards for clients who don’t treat you with respect.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Feb 6, 2022 - Teleservices Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance, caring company

Cons

Strict absence policy, however still generous

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Place

Jan 25, 2022 - Senior Personal Banker in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Care about employees and about your future

Cons

No bonus, limit or none overtime

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Mariela racist ?

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work when you’re not feeling outcasted by upper management. Even through training, it felt as if they were teaching the other trainees and I was just there. No eye contact when speaking , only to the others. A glance every now and again but really felt uncomfortable during training there.

Cons

Favoritism seems to be a thing or maybe it’s because I am a different race. Got along with everyone but Mariela . Made me feel uncomfortable when she was around.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Never Sleep Again

May 27, 2021 - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some people here are nice.

Cons

There's an implied culture of "live to work" here at AFCU. There's no down-time. There's no rest. We like to pretend, but there's really zero work life balance. Managers like me tell their staff that we support work life balance, and y'all can take all the time off you need as long as the work gets done. What we won't tell you is the workload will never end, because we don't have the luxury of saying NO to unnecessary operations, projects, and systems. Upper management doesn't listen to reason and is blind to how much work they generate for our teams. Good luck getting time off for my kids soccer game. I can see my kid just as soon as we start hiring help for your underpaid 80 hour work week.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Branch employee

Dec 31, 2021 - Loans Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are none. None. None.

Cons

This is a awful company to work for. They promote managers that micro manage you. Their managers are rude and very nasty. So much racism and bullying in this company and they call HR for everything. If you hear the names Gaby and Jeanette this means someone is getting fired. Stay away!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews

Arizona Federal Credit Union Reviews FAQs

Arizona Federal Credit Union has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 66 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Arizona Federal Credit Union to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Arizona Federal Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Arizona Federal Credit Union. This rating has improved by 13% over the last 12 months.

73% of Arizona Federal Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Arizona Federal Credit Union 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Arizona Federal Credit Union to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Arizona Federal Credit Union Job Seekers