Arizona Team Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Account Manager"

I worked at Arizona Team full-time

Pros

Positive environment, weekly prizes, room for growth

Cons

Long hours, working in the heat, must make a sale to make money

Advice to Management

Make sure to inform employee about all parts of job, ex. Driving throughout half the city or +50 hour weeks

2. "Don't Drink the Kool-Aid"

Former Employee - Accounts Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Accounts Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Arizona Team full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything I ever needed to know about sales, I learned here. There is good coaching and they teach you a great system that I still implement in my day-to-day life, along with sales and marketing jobs I obtained after leaving.

Cons

It is door-to-door sales and they use their own brilliant system to reel you into doing a job that nobody wants to do. The ultimate pyramid scheme. Just don't drink the kool-aid.
    It is all commission based and while the best sellers in the office do implement the system, they usually take it a step further and scam people.

Advice to Management

Tricking people is never cool.

3. "You'll grow, but probably not worth it."

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Arizona Team full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Since it is door to door sales, you'll definitely be forced to step outside your comfort zone and will learn some valuable sales skills.

-Everyone is really friendly, albeit in a "someone spiked the punch" kind of way.

-Management and leaders are good people.

-Finally, when you decide to move on, you can totally earn minimum wage while job-hunting for the mere cost of a couple hours in the afternoon and evening, especially since you're already wearing a suit.

Cons

-The pay is not good considering the amount of required and uncompensated driving (which is sometimes FAR, like 30 miles from the office) and the fact that Saturdays are a de facto expectation. Minimum wage for most BEFORE factoring in expenses.

-Promotion to Assistant Manager (where reasonable money happens) requires a pyramid scheme-like "crew" of 10 recruits, including those under your recruits. Given the turnover, this is difficult at best, and probably requires you to string people along who really aren't fit for the job.

-Having the right to recruit basically comes down to sales performance. Leadership qualities don't seem to matter much in this regard.

-Six days a week, working until 9pm-ish, and two office nights a week means no social life for you.

-Environment is cult-like though friendly. This is most painful when having to endure the daily speeches from top sellers, which are monotonous and are all delivered with a cheesy enthusiasm. Going against the grain is definitely frowned upon.

-If you can make it at this company, you can probably make it way better at another company.

Advice to Management

You have a cutthroat operation. Cool. Just be upfront with new hires. I had to ask during my interview to find out it was d2d; many don't think to ask. The whole story you tell interviewees of multiple major clients and varying types of sales is just plain deceptive.

5. "Very upbeat, fast pace, and a good learning experience."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Arizona Team full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You walk at least two miles every day and it keeps you very fit! You also learn the trade of sales and a lot of really good tactics. It requires being able to be personable with anyone and step out of your comfort zone. It is a wonderful addition to your resume, if you can do door to door sales and be successful you can sell anything!

Cons

It is seemingly a pyramid scheme and the chances of building your own team is pretty slim but not impossible. It takes up a lot of your time, working 6 days a week and 2 nights. I don't recommend it to someone with a family or another job.

Advice to Management

Be more truthful in the hiring process.

"Pyramid scheme in the form of a legit company"

I worked at Arizona Team full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work life balance, teamwork, you get to work with great people

Cons

payment: it's a minimum wage job. Just like other reviewers have said, they dress up in fancy suits to give the impression that it's a fancy company, but then you go to a McDonalds's restroom and change into a polo shirt and khaki pants and go door to door selling cable with a shady script to customers who are not too happy that you're at their door

Advice to Management

get registered with the BBB

"An In-Depth Look at Arizona Team"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Arizona Team full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Limitless income potential, fun office atmosphere, ability to advance to higher management, youthful employees. If you like the outdoors, this job is definitely for you. No formal education needed and personal growth opportunities.

Cons

Read these cons over carefully before committing to Arizona Team.

1. The Interview: A lengthy three step interview process that stretches over several days. They put this in place to give the illusion that they are weeding out anyone who doesn't qualify for the position. During the few days of the interview process, the waiting room thinned out as potential hires dropped out. We were told it was because they didn't make the cut. In reality, these were the individuals who got wise and declined the next interview to look for more gainful employment. The job description is vague, everyone is wearing suits, you are told you will have a job in marketing with opportunity to lead your own firm in a new market in less than a year. It is more of a pyramid scheme posing as a legitimate business. At the end of the last interview, all remaining potential hires were congratulated on passing all interview phases and making the cut. In reality, they will hire anyone above the status of drug addict.

2. The Job: It turns out the suits everyone wears are simply to trick new hires into thinking this is a classy work environment. My first day on the job, I was told to bring street clothes and was paired with my new team leader. After we left the office we changed into khakis and a CenturyLink golf shirt in a CVS bathroom and walked door to door selling cable with a misleading script.

3. The Pay: $300 a week, which was $7.50 an hour. If you broke commission, you could make much more. But if you only made $200, you would be paid $300 and be in the red $100. So, you owed Arizona Team $100. So say next week you did well and made $500, you would only be paid $400 because you were in the red $100 from the previous week. I will say that I saw the pay list and about 85% of the employees were in the red by over $300. Which means most people only make minimum wage at this job. Definitely not worth it.

4. The Opportunity: If you can survive on $300 a week for about a year, you could be rewarded in getting to the next step in the pyramid scheme but it doesn't happen nearly as often as they promise. You could easily find a job making twice as much if not much more in an inbound call center where you don't have to walk door to door in the Arizona heat. promotion opportunities at these places are not as attractive but are still rewarding and a lot more realistic.

Good Luck.

Advice to Management

Better compensation to your employees.

"Poorly organized company with questionable ethics."

Pros

Their efforts to recruit and hire as many new employees seems very successful; unfortunately, the caliber of their leaders and recruitment officers are poor.

Cons

The pay, the unfriendly competition, the fact that this company resembles nothing so much as some sort of pyramid scheme...

Advice to Management

Get registered with the BBB. Show a little honesty in your job ads.

"I LOVED working here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Arizona Team full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This office is such a great team. They work so well together and promote great people as a result. They handle huge name clients with the utmost integrity. They treat everyone like business partners, not employees. They are some of the most hard working individuals you will come across but balance it with a ton of fun. They are an amazing group to work with and I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a career in the business world.

Cons

If you are looking to sit behind a desk all day or in a cubicle, this isn't the position for you! If you are good at interacting with people, this IS the position for you.

Advice to Management

You guys have a great work-life balance! I loved being a part of the team and I can't wait to see you guys hit some huge goals this year!

10. "Current Employee, Perfect Fit"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Arizona Team full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, everyone is like-minded, and goal-oriented. There aren't any negative people, or employees talking about how much they want a different job. Everyone here knows this is the right fit for them, much like myself.

Cons

It does take some time to fully learn the business, but once you get it, you get it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work, they're all worthy of people to look up to.

"I had a blast working here!"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Arizona Team full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Arizona Team has a highly competitive environment. This company is not for people who just want to “slide by”. They challenge you to be your best . I loved how they insist on everyone having each other’s back. I had a blast working here.

Cons

Project staffing can be hit or miss

Advice to Management

Would be nice to be able to make the leap to Consultant without an MBA