Arkema Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Arkema Président-Directeur Général Thierry Le Hénaff
Thierry Le Hénaff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Many perks to a good work life balance i (in 5 reviews)

• Very positive and friendly work environment, excellent quality of the products, recognized by the market, company with a coherent strategy (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I wish my position was going permanent (in 2 reviews)

• Annual review process is poor, plus core values do not necessarily match those of local plant management (in 2 reviews)

"Great company, great atmosphere and safety driven."

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at Arkema full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary, benefits, SAFETY, just a great place to work. They take safety very seriously and always strive to do it safer. Great pay, overtime if you like it.

Cons

I left to pursue other interest.....

Advice to Management

Always keep safety as your number 1 goal.

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your kind words! I will share them with the team and with the Safety Department.

2. "Engineer/Scientist"

I worked at Arkema full-time

Pros

Employee friendly and laid back.

Cons

Lack of technical career growth options

Jun 21, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your feedback! About career opportunities, we have at the moment 111 opportunities for internal applicants in France and around 56 in the US.
    We would advise you to contact your HR... More

3. "HES technician"

I have been working at Arkema full-time

Pros

Great place to work, great facilities

Cons

Nothing bad, hours are great, pay is wonderful. I can't think of any cons, because the job I came from was awful, crooked, sneaky, racist, backstabbing. It was awful. Coworkers were great but management was a joke.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, make your employees feel important because they are. They can't be replaced, well they can but you might get a mess then. Just continue to show appreciation across the board and don't be afraid to spread some ethnicity in the plant. 😉

4. "My Review"

Current Employee - Pack Out Operator in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Pack Out Operator in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Arkema full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, unionized

Cons

I'm not a supervisor yet

Advice to Management

NA

5. "Not Credible"

Former Employee - Researcher in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Researcher in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Arkema full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can get some experience here, but don't count on a career.

Cons

This company used to have a very low rating, but due to a lot of recent bogus (and very short) reviews, it looks like a great place to work, with the rating going from 2.8 to 4 within a year. If Glassdoor doesn't develop a way to filter out the fake reviews, it won't have any credibility soon. The Amphibians running the company have no idea what any of their American employees actually do. The promotions only go to their fellow countrymen,

Advice to Management

Put American management in American hands.

Feb 5, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are sorry you did not enjoy working with us. If the ratings improved, maybe it's because things are not as bad as you think it was?
    Anyway, plenty of executive positions are hold by Americans as... More

"Contractor"

Pros

My co-workers were really terrific.

Cons

None. I wish my position was going permanent.

Feb 5, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for this feedback :)

"Proces technical"

Pros

Great hours, a great management staff, flexible, a lot of room to grow, great location

Cons

With a small work group, the clicks are all ready formed. Management distance itself from hourly employees,

Advice to Management

Management needs to loosen up!

"Maintenance Manager"

I worked at Arkema full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Able to work with some very good maintenance personnel, engineers and professionals.
    Usually good opportunities for a variety of positions with in the plants.

Cons

Need better communications from upper and middle Management to plant staff! Plant Managers with hidden agendas, protecting favorites. Need better work/life balance. No real appreciation for those that go above and beyond. Salary and benefits tend to be behind industry averages. Annual review process is poor, plus core values do not necessarily match those of local plant management. Relatively high personnel turnover, do not seem to value and/or need to improve the environment/culture to develop personnel and foster loyalty.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to do a better job of communicating with plant personnel. Local plant management routinely spin communication with upper management to fit their agendas! Improve culture/environment to develop personnel. Value personnel that are loyal to company!

Aug 11, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your comment. We are glad you enjoyed the quality of your colleagues, all professionals in their respective fields.
    About salary, it depends on the country you are based in. For example... More

9. "A Crucial Time for a Growing Company"

Pros

The willingness to teach young professionals about how the business operates and how to grow as both a person and professional. The team members at Arkema are great and bring a small company feel to a multinational corporation. Many perks to a good work life balance i.e. on site picnics with live music and informative personal health meetings.

Cons

Decision making ultimately was France-centric which was hindering progress of abroad operations. Some aspects of technology availability/usage within the company were outdated.

Advice to Management

I think the next few years will be critical to the long term prospects of Arkema. The management for current success is in place, but a need to focus more on talent development for the next stages of company growth will be crucial for the future.

Jun 20, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your comment. Indeed, decision-making comes from France, most of the time, as the Executive Comitee is based near Paris. Nevertheless, all the decisions are taken with the insights of... More

"Smart people"

Former Employee - Business Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Business Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Arkema full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, very smart people in the chemical industry, good benefits, nice international feel to the organization.

Cons

Standard big company politics, performance is rewarded to a degree, but politics can also trump performance. The yearly review system is antiquated, used more as a stick than a carrot.

Advice to Management

I left Arkema because I was not rewarded for my performance, however, I was well paid for my job description. What that means is that if you are interested in drawing a nice, but predictable salary, this is a great company. If however you feel that your results will be significantly above average, you will not get paid for your results.

Apr 25, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for providing a constructive feedback. At Arkema, we do our best to reward individual performance and our employees' commitment. If you think (at your level) that it was not the case, we do... More