Cover image for Arlington Community Federal Credit Union

Finance

14d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

109.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Arlington Community Federal Credit Union~338151
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Organization!

Oct 1, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

This organization has a very positive culture, with strong values. It is a fast paced environment, but teams collaborate with one another. You can get a great deal of experience with project work. Coworkers are smart, engaged and push you to be better. It is an organization that constantly talks about serving the members and doing things for the community. You get time off to volunteer, as well as PTO for culture day, birthday and all the other holidays. It has been a very good career stop for me.

Cons

It’s fast paced, but I don’t see that as a con. Sometimes ya hard to keep up with changes, but a company this size has to move fast to stay competitive.

2. 5.0

Great atmosphere

Jul 26, 2022 - Manager in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly and supportive culture. People genuinely want to help coworkers and members. This organization is all about making the company and community better places

Cons

As a smaller organization, people wear multiple hats and there aren't always clear lines on who should be doing what. But, everyone pitches in to get things done.

3. Join the Arlington Community Federal Credit Union team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great place to learn

Feb 17, 2022 - Member Services Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good Culture -Fair Benefits -Amazing Branch Managers

Cons

-Overwork Staff -hours -Disconnection with leaders -no more fun events ( because of Covid)

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Dec 14, 2021 - Marketing Specialist in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love working here. The people are easy to work with and very communicative.

Cons

It's a smaller company so there aren't as many clear boundaries.

Manager of People & Culture

Thank you for sharing that you love working here! Building a transparent culture that values clear communication for everyone is very important to us. We're glad resources like the weekly In The Know posts are working to keep you informed of everything from strategic plans and process updates to employee promotions and celebrations. Our monthly townhalls also give everyone an opportunity to ask questions and hear about upcoming developments straight from the department leaders involved.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice close-knit credit union

Sep 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, positive work environment, great community involvement

Cons

Long hours for some positions

Manager of People & Culture

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! We value #Opportunity and a sustainable work-life balance and are continuing to create new positions and fill open positions as quickly as possible. We're so glad you found our #Core Values shining through in our friendly and positive culture. We welcome feedback such as yours to improve our internal communication and strengthen our relationships with each other.

7. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Jun 2, 2021 - Member Relationship Specialist in Falls Church, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This place was by far the best place that I have ever worked and I have worked in many different companies. Great managers, very effective communication, updated technology and very member service oriented. Very diverse and great benefits and compensation.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Manager of People & Culture

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We have been focused on communication and technology improvements as well as employee development so we can all better serve our community. It means a lot to hear that everyone's combined efforts are resulting in a great experience and focus on our members and their financial goals.

8. 5.0

review

May 26, 2021 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

diverse , inclusive , supportive , understanding , great collaboration

Cons

n/a,n/a,n/a,n/a,n/a , no cons as of right now

Manager of People & Culture

We appreciate your feedback very much. We value our diversity and are committed to supporting and evaluating inclusiveness and equity across the organization.

9. 4.0

n/a

Apr 30, 2021 - Bank Teller in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great management learned alot about the banking field

Cons

no room to grow, no enough money

1 person found this review helpful

Manager of People & Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're pleased you are having a good learning experience. We strive to provide #Opportunities to grow and a competitive compensation package that includes many benefits. We have also implemented a new Performance Management program to facilitate regular one-on-one coaching and development opportunities with your manager. Please reach out to the People & Culture team at PeopleCultureDepartment@arlingtoncu.org if you would like to continue this discussion further.

10. 5.0

Feb 23, 2021 - Bank Teller
    Business Outlook

Pros

Community, empathy, opportunity, integrity and family

Cons

I have no complaints so far.

11. 5.0

Best Onboarding Experience

Feb 16, 2021 - Director in Falls Church, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Embodies core values, Care about members and team members

Cons

I don't have any cons about my career experience thus far

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews
</>Embed

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union Reviews FAQs

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 32 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Arlington Community Federal Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

88% of Arlington Community Federal Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Arlington Community Federal Credit Union 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Arlington Community Federal Credit Union Job Seekers