Arlington Community Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 17 reviews

4.0
Arlington Community Federal Credit Union CEO Karen Rosales
Karen Rosales
  1. "Great Company and Great People!"

I have been working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Arlington Community FCU was my first "big girl job" and I couldn't ask to be accepted into a more loving culture. ACFCU provides so many opportunities to learn and grow. I started as a part time teller, moved to full time and then took a position in the back office. Each time I had an opportunity to grow, my management team was always so encouraging and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better work family.

Cons

Technology can sometimes be a pain, but it has improved a lot since I started.

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union2019-05-10
  2. "Work in progress"

I worked at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union part-time

Pros

If you’re not used to larger corporate settings and prefer smaller companies this might be a right fit for you Andres Mints every Thursday Scheduling is flexible Offer Gym membership discounts

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth, if you aren’t “liked” very difficult to succeed, ignored by management my schedule excluded me from all meetings and training days, if you wanted to be ambitious and move into another department management will get upset. Technology issues almost everyday. Coaching not to a professional level management cancelled one on ones every month. Benefits are non existent for part-timers

Advice to Management

Provide more training for management roles to guide them in time management and coaching skills. Train assistant managers into taking on more responsibilities in bettering the overall goals of the teams. Practice transparency, openess and communication. Work on communication between employees and upper management.

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union2019-04-23

"Overworked and underpaid. Always short staffed and unable to retain employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

Andes mints every Thursday from the CFO!

Cons

No growth opportunity, pay is substantially under market, benefit cuts (if you leave the credit union on good terms the credit union will only pay out your leave at 50% and if you leave on negative terms you are paid nothing), manufactured promotions on the management and executive level to justify promotions and pay increases without additional job responsibilities, antiquated and broken technology, every department...

Advice to Management

Mid management has their hands tied by upper management. Upper management is out of touch with credit union needs and is only focused on their individual bottom line. Employee satisfaction is plummeting and you need to include employees at multiple levels in a round table to improve the current status quo.

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union2019-02-07

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union Response

February 18, 2019VP of People and Culture

Thanks for your feedback! We want all employees to have a positive experience here at ACFCU and are disappointed that you aren't. Because you are a current employee, we'd like to hear more to have a better understanding and perhaps even offer perspective if we can. Our People and ...

"The Best Culture Ever!"

I have been working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with the credit union for almost 7 years. During my tenure, I have held 4 different positions. I like the growth opportunities throughout the organization. If you work hard, it definitely gets recognized. I also enjoy the ability to work from home some days throughout the week; I can also create a flex schedule. ACFCU is the only employer I have ever worked for that has genuinely invested in my development....

Cons

I think we could continue to work on our communication skills between the different departments. We've come a long way since I've started, but we still have quite a bit of a way to go. Technology is still sometimes an issue, but it's a lot better than when I first started.

Advice to Management

Stay on the upward trajectory. This organization has transformed so much in the last couple of years. Let's stick to the momentum.

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union2018-05-30
  5. "Found my dream job and dream company"

I have been working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is amazing. It's warm, welcoming, friendly, and I feel like my supervisor, team members, and even the senior leadership are giving me all of the tools I need to succeed and really trust me to work well in my position. I started working here recently and have felt like the team has been really supportive and helpful. The staff attitudes are so positive and I feel like the senior leadership works really...

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union2018-01-08

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union Response

January 11, 2018VP of People and Culture

Thanks for your review! At ACFCU we want the employee experience to be top notch. Our leadership team prides itself on being transparent, approachable, and available to our team. We welcome collaboration across all levels in the organization and strive to be REMARKABLE to not only ...

6. "It's Like Coming Home"

Pros

This is an organization who knows who they are and lives their values. They focus on people first and members and employees are the highest priority. It is a fun organization, but they also know how to work hard and aim high.

Cons

Just want to see the organization continue to grow and expand its reach.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union2017-09-15

"Great place and great people to work with!"

I have been working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

love the environment and the people I work with, love we always have events or other things going on within the credit union. I also like how your voice can be heard on an issue if voiced.

Cons

since we are a small organization this isn't much room to advance unless something opens up.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing and thank you for listening to us.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Falls Church, VA

Pros

Organization lives by their values. Lots of room for growth and opportunity. It is nice to work for at an organization where everyone is genuinely happy to be there.

Cons

Lots of technological systems to learn and manage which is common for smaller organizations.

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union2017-05-09
  9. "Overall a great place to start your banking career"

I have been working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union

Pros

Great co-workers Work life balance- depending on the department you work in Great work culture. Really takes the core values seriously and seeks employees who embodies them

Cons

Compensation is not the greatest

Advice to Management

More training for lower level management employees

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union2017-05-09
  10. "Lots of pluses and appeared to be going somewhere."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solutions oriented, in change mode for growth, positive people, has values in how it operates, good benefits, celebrates birthdays monthly with food!

Cons

Small so limited growth opportunities but great place to learn, training could have been better, seemed to do things at last minute

Advice to Management

Spend mor time with employees, seem to just hang with themselves. Practice what u preach all the time. Staff is watching.

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union2017-05-08