Arlington Community Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Arlington Community Federal Credit Union CEO Karen Rosales
Karen Rosales

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"I feel very lucky to work with such amazing people!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are genuinely good people who always strive for the most positive work environment. Like, seriously, everybody aims for happiness.

Core values mean a lot to ACFCU. We are encouraged to go above and beyond the expectations of members, to always provide an exceptional experience.

We volunteer for over 100 events every year. Every employee is given the opportunity to volunteer for the events they're most interested in. Whether it's playing with puppies, reading to kids, or running a 10k - we get involved and have a great time.

We have a committee of employees called Cultural Ambassadors who come up with creative ways to instill a sense of community among us through outings and celebrations. These events often get the CEO and other executives involved, too - like the Valentines Day Breakfast where the CEO was making pancakes!

ACFCU is a not-for-profit organization that truly puts the needs of staff and members first. I couldn't be happier here.

Cons

If I think of one, I'll come back and update.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Organization lives by their values. Lots of room for growth and opportunity. It is nice to work for at an organization where everyone is genuinely happy to be there.

Cons

Lots of technological systems to learn and manage which is common for smaller organizations.

3. "Lots of pluses and appeared to be going somewhere."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solutions oriented, in change mode for growth, positive people, has values in how it operates, good benefits, celebrates birthdays monthly with food!

Cons

Small so limited growth opportunities but great place to learn, training could have been better, seemed to do things at last minute

Advice to Management

Spend mor time with employees, seem to just hang with themselves. Practice what u preach all the time. Staff is watching.

4. "IT Specialist"

Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to build your foundation, learn as much as you can, share experiences and work with great people. If you're looking for a fast paced environment where you can learn tons from experienced people and grow then this is the place!

Cons

Lacks a little bit of structure and Training. Everyone is busy at this Credit Union so do expect to learn by being thrown in the fire (IMO this is good, but not so good for others). Not very much room for growth unless you want your foot in the door and work your way to a different area that sparks your interest.

Advice to Management

They are looking for Managers to Lead! If you have the work ethic, strong will and personality then this is your place! Internal and External members mean everything to this CU so great Customer Service is key!

5. "Awful call center managers."

Former Employee - Loan Advisor - Call Center in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Loan Advisor - Call Center in Arlington, VA

I worked at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was descent compared to other credit unions.

Cons

Call center managers are awful.

Advice to Management

Train managers on how to be professional.

6. "Great place and great people to work with!"

I have been working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

love the environment and the people I work with, love we always have events or other things going on within the credit union. I also like how your voice can be heard on an issue if voiced.

Cons

since we are a small organization this isn't much room to advance unless something opens up.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing and thank you for listening to us.

7. "Great workplace to start your career in Financial Industry"

Pros

Great culture, great benefits, great career advancement, employee discounts, great work life balance

Cons

Salary could be better, no bonuses,

8. "Great potential"

I have been working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

The people at this organization genuinely care about providing the best service possible to members. The company culture is fantastic. Leadership is willing to listen to feedback and lives by the values that they say are important. There is an emphasis on employee well-being.

Cons

It is difficult to locate resources and information necessary to do my job. Communication between departments is lacking.

Advice to Management

We need to have all of the information necessary to perform our duties consolidated in one location in an organized fashion. In addition, there needs to be a better understanding among departments regarding expectations for responses to inquiries as well as what some of their roles are in the organization.

9. "Overall a great place to start your banking career"

Pros

Great co-workers

Work life balance- depending on the department you work in

Great work culture. Really takes the core values seriously and seeks employees who embodies them

Cons

Compensation is not the greatest

Advice to Management

More training for lower level management employees

10. "Life-long friendships, great experience."

I have been working at Arlington Community Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ACFCU is a values-led organization where people are tasked with exemplifying our core values of Remarkable Service, Community, Empathy, Integrity, Opportunity and Passion. For the most part, the staff truly live these values. Everyone is incredibly friendly and out going. We have great retirement benefits, education benefits, and even gym incentives! We get to give back to our community with all the volunteer options we are given and the organization is diverse! The employees really get along and it's not strange to see us gathered together on the weekends at an Escape Room or out watching movies. This is a great place to jumpstart your career because you learn so much in your time here, and you make life long friendships. Your learn about finances and you get great work experience.

Cons

Often times ideas don't get done because other pressing priorities take over. Management can sometimes come off as resistant to change and even antiquated. So there is very little room for innovation and dynamic growth. This makes the staff frustrated. We often talk about it, especially when people end up leaving to "better" jobs because of this.

Advice to Management

As you work to grow this organization through innovation and engagement, every leader needs to be engaged with the rest of the staff, their ideas and their pain points. Everyone should be forward thinking and trying their best to be efficient. Once everyone is on the same page, this gem of a staff will put this Credit Union on the map. There is so much potential here!