Arm Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 19, 2017

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • bad work life balance / stressful most of the time (in 20 reviews)

• The company is growing very fast for the last few years might face challenges to keep the company culture (in 10 reviews)

1. "Great Engineering company"

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really talented and passionate people, engineering focused company, flexible working, opportunities for different facets of hardware engineering

Cons

Since arm has no more stocks, management has to figure out how to replace RSUs and ESPPs.

2. "A Dynamic Environment Full of Good People"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and salary are competitive. HR cares about building a benefit package that emphasizes work-life balance. If you work hard, you are recognized for it (in terms of pay, and in terms of respect from coworkers and management). Sabbatical program is great (4wks every 4 years).

Willing to invest in innovative ideas. Flat hierarchy and lean workforce mentality mean your contributions are needed and appreciated, and your inputs are respected.

Full of really good people who are passionate about what they do. Much less variance in experience between teams than some of the giants (e.g. Amazon, Microsoft).

A dynamic environment from a company that is always listening to feedback and always willing to change. If they don't get it right the first time, they will listen to you and change. New programs constantly popping up to improve employee experience.

As a woman in engineering, the company has been doing good work trying to increase support for its women. I feel they have the right attitudes and are promoting the right kind of policies & thinking. More to be done, but off to a great start and working hard to keep improving.

Cons

Still a few growing pains. We used to be a lot smaller and are growing quite fast, so some of our systems (in IT, HR, etc) might not be as polished yet as bigger companies. For example internal documentation is sometimes not as organized across the intranet as it could be. But they are working on it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and don't be afraid to improve or do away with things that don't work. Identify pain points for employees and continue to invest in improving those experiences.

3. "Phenomenal place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, everyone pulling in the same direction (no internal politics).
    Great benefits (>20 days vacation, incredible health plans, sabbatical every four years). Flexible working, forward looking, great people.

Cons

It's so good that people hardly ever leave, which means thinking can be a little stale at times... however, the company has been hiring like crazy over the last year or so, so that has brought in new thinking and new ideas.

4. "Good place to work at"

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

supportive boss & kind teammate

Cons

none, so far so good

5. "Arm IS a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Arm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative environment, people genuinely care, work life balance is highly encouraged, cutting edge technology, high growth organization, top leadership shares vision, mission and goals so I understand how my job impacts my team and the company, true global environment with global experiences, Leadership listens to employees and wants our ideas, EXCEPTIONAL benefits and reward package, tons of time off (the European way)!

Cons

Sometimes there is too much consensus, due to very rapid growth there are some disparate systems and processes not set up to scale.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, do your best to keep the culture through growth and transformation

6. "Couldn't ask for a better company to start my career"

Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Arm is known for its work-life balance. Happy to work with smart and hard-working people. At the same time, we are not required to work during weekends etc. unless absolutely necessary, and we are encouraged to take vacation every now and then.
    People here are smart, helpful, willing to discuss and solve bigger problems. Senior management genuinely considers the opinions of engineers in technical matters.
    We have flexible working hours, good amount of vacation days per year and great employee benefits.

Cons

Not much day to day facilities for the employees except tea, coffee and La croix
    No free gym or yoga classes
    Travel booking not flexible enough

Advice to Management

Arm is growing fast and I hope it doesn't affect the core beliefs.

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are technically knowledgeable. Fun place to work. Matchless benefits.

Cons

Pay is not the best in town.

Advice to Management

Act faster while hiring. Loosing lots of good candidates because we are reacting too slow.

8. "Principle Design Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the very few true IP companies left and arm is best among all. Work is challenging and teams are amazing.

Cons

Compensation is not the best in market but other benefits better than competition.

9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Arm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Be Your Brilliant Self is not just a company tagline, it is a theme that underlies every aspect of working at Arm.
    - Teamwork and collaboration is appreciated and rewarded.
    - Great work environment and employee benefits!

Cons

- Company is growing extremely fast.

10. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Arm full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been at Arm for over 8 years and I can honestly say that it is a great place to work. The benefits are awesome (5 weeks of vacation, sabbatical, 6% of base salary match on 401K, amazing health plans etc etc). The company is doing great and is hiring brightest minds.

Cons

Not much to say here