Arm Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

4.1
Arm Chief Executive Officer Simon Segars
Simon Segars
Pros
  • "The company really cares about your work-life balance(in 212 reviews)

• "Cooperation in work environment(in 111 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Location not exactly in the center of Cambridge(in 71 reviews)

• "Work life balance at Arm can be difficult to balance(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Arm and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Systems Implementation Intern

Nov 12, 2018 - Systems Implementation in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work environment for interns

Cons

Busy work schedule specific to task given

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Hire joined last month

Jul 10, 2019 - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, collaborative work environment, good work-life balance, decent perks, and great benefits.

Cons

Nothing major, facilities (cube areas) are a bit old but they are moving to a new building next door!

Global Talent Brand Manager

Congratulations and welcome to the team! We are pleased everyone has made you feel welcome and we do hope you'll like the makeover in the new office :)

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Starter First Impressions

Jul 27, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The place feels like a start up, at least in the part of the business I've joined. IT and HR support were excellent for this new starter. Leadership at the company is clear and values based. There has been a great emphasis on ensuring that new employees understand the business model that supports the company, the values by which the company operates and the goals. Sufficient time has been allocated for training and peers in the work environment have been quite supportive.

Cons

Not many. It is a global company, so we west coasters enjoy some early morning meetings over a cup of coffee.

6 people found this review helpful

Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review! Reading that IT and HR support were excellent for you means a lot to us, as we are actively trying to improve our onboarding and induction processes so all new starters are set up for success at ARM. The early morning meetings with the UK can be tiresome, but you at least get to work with our APAC teams a bit towards the end of the work day as well! You can leave Glassdoor reviews once a year, so we would love to hear your thoughts after one year at ARM as well! -Rick C. Social Recruiting Manager

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I ever worked for...

Oct 17, 2017 - Marketing Director in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very talented, smart, down to earth and nice co-worker provide an enjoyable and product work environment with excellent work-life balance. A drive for innovation, success and teamwork at all levels of the organization. Management is strong, passionate, accessible, transparent and always concerned about employee well being and company culture. Benefits and compensations are very good!

Cons

Lots of recent changes can be unsettling and rapid growth of employee pool might affect the level of talent and resilience of the Arm culture. Some bureaucracy and inefficient processes for non core activities of the company.

2 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for the taking the time to share your experience on Glassdoor! Fiona

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great company, little opportunity for advancement for senior people

Apr 7, 2011 - Staff Engineer Grade V in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits: 5 weeks vacation plus the option to buy an additional week, sabbatical, RSUs, bonus, full match plus immediate vesting in the 401K. Casual work environment Market leader Talented co-workers

Cons

The Austin design center is relatively small, although growing. That limits the possibilities for career growth and professional development. There just isn't much need for technical leads when a design center only has 1 or 1.5 projects going on at a time. The "cutoff" for design and implementation engineers is grade 6, the cutoff for verification engineers is 5. This discrepancy between teams is something to keep in mind if you are looking for a verification position in Austin. I can't speak to design centers in other areas of the world.

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Jul 27, 2015 - Operations Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work environment, strong team efforts, great, supportive management and leaders who promote independent thought, decision making, an career advancement. Great benefits and salary, perks include excellent time off policy which strongly supports work-life balance. All together the best place I have worked in my 20 years of professional employment.

Cons

Sometime tough to get quick decisions as the HQ is in the UK and the operations teams are in the US. Time zone challenges.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great small company, now part of ARM

Sep 30, 2015 - DSP Intern in Deerfield Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very laid back independent work environment with a lot of very experienced people. Everyone does their job because they want to contribute to the company. Evidently it paid off for them since they have been acquired by ARM.

Cons

All the downsides of a small company. If you don't contribute well or you under-perform, that is more visible and has a greater affect on your coworkers and the company as a whole.

3 people found this review helpful

Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review, and welcome to the ARM family! As we continue to grow, we still adhere to the core values that made us a great small company: openess and communication. Don't be afraid to speak up if you have a great idea, because in the end, everyone wants the company to succeed! -Rick C. Social Recruiting Manager

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I've been here twenty years. Where will you be in twenty years time?

Oct 13, 2017 - Principal Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty good benefits, flexible working environment, working with creative people, working with people who care about what they're working on, excellent company ethics, vast majority of people in Arm are really nice people. Rarely have had to do RIFs. Strong business model. Strong leadership. Excellent plans for "where do we go from here?". Not sitting on our laurels.

Cons

Easy to work long hours. High pressure.

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for leaving a review and for your 20 years of service! Fiona

9. 2.0
      Current Employee

ARM... how I will not miss you!

Oct 31, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling Casual work environment Happy hours during business hours Amazing benefits - free medical/dental/vision, awesome 401K match, great RSU grants, and great bonus plan Decent salary

Cons

Some unfriendliness; if you aren't a seasoned employee, they treat you like an outsider Not very thorough training, if you even receive any If are low on the totem poll, you feel it Don't offer coaching/counseling; if you're having problems, they just fire you If you're not in the UK (HQ), you don't get all of the perks

8 people found this review helpful

Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback, though we hope you miss us at least a little if you've since left us! Since late 2013, we've taken steps to improve the process flow for training, promotion, retention and overall communication within the company. We invite you to reach out to your former colleagues to see how things have changed around the office.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Culture eats strategy for breakfast

Oct 23, 2017 - Senior Director in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture that enables a true empowering and collaborative work environment. This is not just a benefit for employees, but arguably more importantly for customers.

Cons

Teh strength of a collaborative environment can slow down decisions at times. However, I think the pros outweigh the cons in this case.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Reviews
    </>Embed

Popular Careers with Arm Job Seekers

Software Engineer
    JobsSalariesInterviews
    Senior Software Engineer (Treasure Data)
    Design Verification Engineer